xisto Community
livepcportal

What's Next? Domain Name Help Needed..........

Hello everyone!I purchased a domain name last year i.e. on 2009/10/08, which is now going to expire within few days, and the best part of the story is I don't have enough mycents to renew it, I have money in alertpay but can't use it to add funds to Xisto - Support billing area as it doesn't support alertpay.So today, I was just playing with my client area and I clicked on order renewal for my domain name and an invoice was generated, all the mycents present in my client area were deducted and now I have $9.39 USD due invoices balance with due date: 2010/10/07 So, just want to know if I failed to collect enough mycents what will happen after 2010/10/07?? Will I get the invoice cancelled and the deducted mycents back to my client area after this date? Will I get some extra days to renew my domain name after 2010/10/07 ?Also, when did the price of domain names rise??Thank you :D

Hello everyone!
I purchased a domain name last year i.e. on 2009/10/08, which is now going to expire within few days, and the best part of the story is I don't have enough mycents to renew it, I have money in alertpay but can't use it to add funds to Xisto - Support billing area as it doesn't support alertpay.
So today, I was just playing with my client area and I clicked on order renewal for my domain name and an invoice was generated, all the mycents present in my client area were deducted and now I have $9.39 USD due invoices balance with due date: 2010/10/07
So, just want to know if I failed to collect enough mycents what will happen after 2010/10/07?? Will I get the invoice cancelled and the deducted mycents back to my client area after this date? Will I get some extra days to renew my domain name after 2010/10/07 ?

Also, when did the price of domain names rise??

Thank you :D

Well, there are two ways I can think of to fix this problem:

1) Post here in Xisto for the next few days until you do get enough MyCents to pay for the domain name. Bring in the cash and bring in the domain name, cha ching.

Or...

2) Find another place that can give domain names (prolly a free but less better one) and e-mail all your members to tell them that you've changed domains in case they go looking for your site. (Optional) Then go back to solution number one and do it so you can revert it to the old domain name if you want to.

Well, there are two ways I can think of to fix this problem:
1) Post here in Xisto for the next few days until you do get enough MyCents to pay for the domain name. Bring in the cash and bring in the domain name, cha ching.

Or...

2) Find another place that can give domain names (prolly a free but less better one) and e-mail all your members to tell them that you've changed domains in case they go looking for your site. (Optional) Then go back to solution number one and do it so you can revert it to the old domain name if you want to.

Hello Adell :D
Thanks for reply, I would prefer option no. 1 as I can't leave this site :P but I wouldn't be posting like crazy to earn quick mycents, so that I can renew my domain name, but surely will be posting, all I now need to know, will I get some grace period to renew my domain name and what will happen after invoice due date is over??

Hello Adell :D Thanks for reply, I would prefer option no. 1 as I can't leave this site :P but I wouldn't be posting like crazy to earn quick mycents, so that I can renew my domain name, but surely will be posting, all I now need to know, will I get some grace period to renew my domain name and what will happen after invoice due date is over??

Not sure, seeing as I'm much newer than you. But from what I've heard floating around here and there in the forums, I remember seeing something like they give a month or more warning before they cancel the service? But officially, no idea. You'll just have to hang in there until someone jumps in with the actual answer (probably anwii or web_designer to the rescue!) and keep on posting to keep on getting money.

But no spamming, you hear me? Or I will hunt you down with a water gun.

I'm unsure how the domains work. With hosting I can understand a grace period but domains have to be registered by the hosts for 1 year increments. If Xisto - Web Hosting gave a 1 month grace period they would have to pay for the entire year, and if you didn't pay it off they would still be stuck with the charge and an unusable domain (since they have no use for it).I'd contact support for a solid answer though.

Edited by rpgsearcherz (see edit history)

actually, neither option is a good one. i suggest highly that you write a support ticket. you have 5 days to clear this issue and a support ticket will be the fastest way.with that said, you brought this upon yourself. you haven't been around in a while and stopped posting so i would also suggest to you that you make it a habit to come here at least once a week to post on a few recent topics like sheepdog does.personally, i don't think they will allow negative credits in your xisto account for domain names. if it was just for hosting, that could be a different story since it would cost xisto less out of pocket to support your debt. so i would go on the assumption that your domain will not be renewed unless you find a way to pay for it.SO! you can pay through paypal, or you can start posting a crap load of posts in the next 5 days and hope the script runs on time to credit your account in full.with all this said, what *I* would do, is write an immediate support ticket. in the meantime while you are waiting for a response,(good luck. it's the weekend and they RARELY respond to us mycents users on the weekend) find an alternative method of payment if you want to keep your domain.i don't have experience in this issue, but even if your domain goes expired, you don't lose it fully. you have one month to claim it but there is an extra fee associated with claiming a domain that has already been expired. after this 1 month limbo state, usually a domain will be qued for auction. this is the point where you can either bid on your domain and hope you win the auction, or take a chance that nobody will want it, and buy it back for the regular price if nobody bid on it.if i am wrong in this domain process, someone please correct me because i was never 100% certain what happens to a domain after it is expired and i don't want to give out false information. so that was my disclaimer :)

I have money in alertpay but can't use it to add funds to Xisto - Support billing area as it doesn't support alertpay.

Opaque may accept alertpay using his own account or by other means. If accepted you will get reciept for 2checkout or other payment processing or manual billing. So contact opaque and try to get help with it. even after expiration upto 30 days domain remains in hold to domain registrar so you have time.

But no spamming, you hear me? Or I will hunt you down with a water gun.

lolz........why don't you just come to delhi with your water gun and take part in common wealth games :lol::P

I'd contact support for a solid answer though.

thanks bro :D

SO! you can pay through paypal, or you can start posting a crap load of posts in the next 5 days and hope the script runs on time to credit your account in full.

hmmmm......will try my best to post here :)

Opaque may accept alertpay using his own account or by other means. If accepted you will get reciept for 2checkout or other payment processing or manual billing. So contact opaque and try to get help with it. even after expiration upto 30 days domain remains in hold to domain registrar so you have time.

thanks mahesh.....since I will be having extra one month time to collect enough mycents, I am almost sure I can do that but if I failed to do so, I will pm opaque, hopefully he can accept payment from my alertpay account and renew my domain name :D

But, still a problem is left, what after due invoice date is passed, since I don't have enough mycents to clear the invoice, it will be canceled and my domain name will not be renewed, but as mahesh said i will get one month extra to renew it, so, now i want to know, what about my deducted mycents, will I get them back, they are almost $5

And, when price of domain name rise?? Is it everywhere or just specific to Xidodomains??

And, when price of domain name rise?? Is it everywhere or just specific to Xidodomains??

Last month or maybe from august. Notice from xisto was on august though if i'm not wrong. Other registrars are charging 9.95$+tax=12.95$ for the domain.

Here at xisto users are being charged at : 12.95$+tax=14.28$-14.95$.

Price rise is everywhere but there is still competition from other registrars about the price. You should start posting on both KS and Xisto if you want to recover your domain name. go start posting..

can you post a link where you are getting that information? i don't understand this tax thing. i know that if i were to register a domain right now through xisto, it will be 12.95 without tax. i even went through a sample order process. is it different depending on what country you're in? i'm in the united states. also, 10%+ tax doesn't even seem right. anyway, please let me know where you are getting this information because if i can verify it, then it's obvious there are different prices for people depending on where they live and it's important to give accurate information when posting publicly.

Here is the official news about rise in prices.

I posted my domain bill in this thread. You can see the receipt number from which you can verify if my bill is genuine or not by checking with Xisto - Support team. And confirm the same. As i said, perhaps VAT is applicable to those who are in country where xisto does business. In india business charges two types of VAT percentages 4-5% and 10-13% i'm not sure about exact percentage in between because i checked last time in 2007 for my own tax when i did it manually. I'm not sure if you purchased domain after September if so then you may get results same like me. If not, then you can assume this VAt is country specific.

hmmmm......I am quite surprised, the due date to pay invoice was 7/10/2010 and today is 8/10/2010,nothing has happened :o :o wish nothing will happen too :lol:

I don't know if they suspend or do anything with domain. But i guess they'll keep domain and site for 30 more days and then removal. I think you will earn enough mycents in mean time to recover your domain name. hosting can wait but domain is important. so keep posting.

I don't know if they suspend or do anything with domain. But i guess they'll keep domain and site for 30 more days and then removal. I think you will earn enough mycents in mean time to recover your domain name. hosting can wait but domain is important. so keep posting.

Yeah you are right mahesh, the domain name has already been expired, but, it is still under me and I can renew it till 30 days, but, during these days the site to which the domain name was pointing is not accessible, and frankly speaking the domain name wasn't even pointing to any other site, my site already died few months ago, so, if properly looked, I haven't lost anything, and plus I got extra 30 days to collect few more mycents and finally renew the domain name for another one set of year...... :D

But, meanwhile this is what I am getting from xisto, just got it today

Dear ************,
This is the second billing notice that your invoice no. 22*** which was generated on 2010/10/02 is now overdue.

Your payment method is: MyCENT

Invoice: 22538
Amount Due: $9.39 USD
Due Date: 2010/10/07

You can login to your client area to view and pay the invoice at https://support.xisto.com/viewinvoice.php?id=22***

Your login details are as follows:

Email Address: ****************@gmail.com
Password: **********

Xisto - Support.com
Billing & Support Area of Xisto.
Xisto.com: HONESTY ROCKS! truth rules.

I don't know if I should worry about this or not......

Well, today I got a reason to worry about, just received third and the final billing notice from Xisto - Support, failing to make payment will result in my account suspension :( I wasn't thinking if that can happen......really I am worried now, don't want my account suspended. But, still I need $4 to pay my invoice :(Now, can anyone tell me whether I should send a support ticket to Xisto - Support or not?? Is there anyone still listening to support queries! And, if I send the support ticket, asking them to cancel the invoice generated, will they do it? Also, will return around $5 which were deducted automatically when my invoice was generated. I surely want to renew my domain name....but, I need little bit more time to collect enough mycents so that I can pay my invoice......Also, if any person have any sort of idea that how much time is left for me to collect mycents, it would be really helpful too.....Guys just help me out, now its about losing my account, not just my domain name :(Thanks in advance :)