xisto Community
The Simpleton

Database Errors For All My Sites! :(

I'm not a very frequent complainer, but that's because Xisto gave me very few reasons to complain till now. However, this is the first time I've had something serious to complain about, and I had to bring it out in the open and get opinions from other users before I reach to any misunderstandings about Xisto - Web Hosting/Xisto.I currently have four live domains on my hosting accounts, and while three of them are running Wordpress, one is running Joomla. And today, since six hours, all of them are offline, due to the problem that they "couldn't establish a connection with the database". I can access my cPanel though, so it's not a total outage. In those six hours, I had access to my Joomla site for about fifteen minutes. Before I could perform any administration tasks, it went offline again.Could someone tell me how much longer can I expect this problem to last? It's night now so I can't expect an answer from the support staff. At least two other members have reported a similar problem........EDIT: While typing this, I checked again and saw that my sites are online again! I'm not sure how long they will stay like that, so I'm off to do some work. But please do share your views over here as to why this has happened and how major a problem it is.

Throughout the day I haven't noticed any of my database-powered sites going offline. Accessing cPanel and purely HTML pages would be fine during a database outage as the database runs on a separate server. It sounds like the database server either went down for a while or lots its connection to the other servers for a period. At the moment it seems to be up and running fine, but I shall keep an eye on my sites.

Throughout the day I haven't noticed any of my database-powered sites going offline. Accessing cPanel and purely HTML pages would be fine during a database outage as the database runs on a separate server. It sounds like the database server either went down for a while or lots its connection to the other servers for a period. At the moment it seems to be up and running fine, but I shall keep an eye on my sites.

I have noticing this actually for months now... They usually go off late in the night in my timezone. They usually last for a couple of minutes or at most one hour or so. It happens everyday, even for A few minutes. I noticed that this ONLY happens on some sites hosted on xisto, which I suspect are hosted on the gamma server. 

I had opened a support ticket about a month ago where I took a pic of the downtime and the server downtime X from the cPanel and attached it. They responded bysaying that there are no error logs and no downtime. I didn't argue cause they started working again correctly for about a week. I believe that this is the longest time it has happened and why so many people noticed it. 

I think All of us should report this issue... Or it will keep happening over and over again. At the time of me writing this, my site still hasn't come online again... a record of one day.

deadmad is right. Gamma, Kappa are giving some database headaches for quite some time now. I have one site which is earning me a lot and i face downtime and database issue frequently on that one. Because site is having impression based ads i am losing some money on table. I wish things don't get screwed like that. Besides that there are some issues with wordpress automatic updates as it is not letting us to write on server. @deadmad,similar big downtime issue happened during 2008 for about one week. If rvalkass, SM, velma remembers that downtime of server transfer. But other than this type of downtime is not often as per my observation. One particular server might go down but not all.

I created a topic about the same thing last night. I was unable to do any editing to my site and wasted a few hours because I typed up a very long page and then it failed to connect to DB and I lost all of the information (now I know to post it all in Wordpad first).It's a pretty annoying problem and keeps me from being able to officially launch any sites. I can't risk a site going "live" and having downtime like that.

i just noticed this topic, and i should say that even i commented on simpleton status. but this is not what i meant, yesterday i noticed that my site is hardly loading for a couple of hours but i didn't get any error. and even it took about 5-15 minutes or more to load but it loads after that, and sometimes i got a blank page. that's all :) and other than that i didn't have any error in my site. in fact yesterday i was in my cpanal updating some files. and today i checked it and it works fine.so seems my server works properly, and i can't complain really. hope your problems guys will be fixed soon, good luck.

i just noticed this topic, and i should say that even i commented on simpleton status. but this is not what i meant, yesterday i noticed that my site is hardly loading for a couple of hours but i didn't get any error. and even it took about 5-15 minutes or more to load but it loads after that, and sometimes i got a blank page. that's all :) and other than that i didn't have any error in my site. in fact yesterday i was in my cpanal updating some files. and today i checked it and it works fine.
so seems my server works properly, and i can't complain really. hope your problems guys will be fixed soon, good luck.

Mine's been working fine since the issue I posted about. But I do get offline errors every week or so for up to a few hours.