xisto Community
inea

Post For Host Is Outdated. The idea to get free hosting for posting requests too much efforts.

Posting for hosting is so 1995.  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After posting a lot and earning points and MyCENTS it is possible to apply for a free domain name and a free hosting space for a website. This requests a lot of time and a lot of typing. This is the harder since there seems to be not much discussion going on on the forum today. So the question arises if post for host is outdated. There are a lot of free webhosts that offer free webspace with adds. There are some free webhosts that offer free webspace without adds. So Xisto and the attached webhost is not special anymore. And other sites provide webspace for free without the obligation to post to get and to keep a domain name and webspace. On the other hand websites that offer a free domain name and free webhosting for clicking on emails and advertisements seem to flourish. According to the long list of advertisers on the sites that offer webhosting for clicks a lot of companies seem to think that people like to get a domain name and webspace for free by clicking on advertisements. So Xisto seems to be part of a flourishing part of the internet. But the forum seems to be very empty. It doesn't seem the forum is overflowing with new topics and new posts. So it seems there are not many users of the forum at the moment. Does this mean that post for host is out of time?

After posting a lot and earning points and MyCENTS it is possible to apply for a free domain name and a free hosting space for a website. This requests a lot of time and a lot of typing. This is the harder since there seems to be not much discussion going on on the forum today. So the question arises if post for host is outdated. There are a lot of free webhosts that offer free webspace with adds. There are some free webhosts that offer free webspace without adds. So Xisto and the attached webhost is not special anymore. And other sites provide webspace for free without the obligation to post to get and to keep a domain name and webspace. On the other hand websites that offer a free domain name and free webhosting for clicking on emails and advertisements seem to flourish. According to the long list of advertisers on the sites that offer webhosting for clicks a lot of companies seem to think that people like to get a domain name and webspace for free by clicking on advertisements. So Xisto seems to be part of a flourishing part of the internet. But the forum seems to be very empty. It doesn't seem the forum is overflowing with new topics and new posts. So it seems there are not many users of the forum at the moment. Does this mean that post for host is out of time?

The people you see online right now, are the ones that come even if there were no hosting. Many people who come to get hosting, find out that it is too "hard" and go away and never come back. Most of the members, log in every once in a while and try to rack up some mycents when they are low, thats when the forum is most active. What this means is that "Community" and "mycents" are two different reasons people come here.

Most of the people who find this forum are through searches for "free webhosting" or "p2h sites". Sure, you can pick "just another free web hosting site with crappy support and bad server/low bandwidth" or you can go to Survey sites that offer Webhosting as the main prize. But instead of all these options, in KS you can get a "real/actual/normal" webhosting for free. There is a slight difference here. Either you can settle for a crappy free hosting site or spend your time clicking ads (instead of working on your site) OR you can sign-up for Xisto and talk about interesting stuff (mostly :D ) and make some friends.

But what you say is true, Pay2host is DEAD. People would rather do other things, and thats why there few of them that are good left. I blame the less activity here on the KS system. If it were a government, you can say that its corrupt... im not going to lie to you here. There are VERY SLIM chances that anyone who is looking for free hosting will get to the site... and everyone else wont see the tiny "free web hosting" lines and just leave. There is not a lot and literally NO promotion for the site. We get less than 1 loyal member every month. And most people make 100- post and then leave when they get hosting for a decade or something like that. YES, post for host is outta time. and this forum is slowing dieing too. The members make ALOT of requests for new features,etc. and new changes but NOBODY does anything. And thats the truth.... you can decide what you want. :) Any other member agree with me?

I guess you mean postfor host is finished. You mention Pay2host is finished. This reply is very interesting and usefull. It means that about 100 posts are necessary to get the 10 year plan. The advantage is that 100 posts mean a free website and a free subdomain for 10 years. And that is a long time. And that sounds like a nice offer.

It is outdated yet profitable. Members create content for you and you reap rewards in terms of adsense,kontera and traffic. With earlier mycent version it was easy to get hosting and domains. But new version made it impossible to do just that. 1$ mycent was possible with 1 post but now its impossible. It is outdated but our owner is in profit with content and revenue so we're still here alive. Don't put much head into its unproductive. Get ur mycents.get site and domain,make money & k?ep ur head busy.Don't bother if system is outdated or if owner is in trouble etc things. Its waste of time.

Well, if you ask me to choose between Post4Host, Pay4Host and FreeHosting, I would choose Post4Host. Why?Pay4Host... you need real money and I do not have money for my crazy schemes. Posting for hosting is a real good deal, especially since 20 posts (like I have) is enough to get you 2 months of hosting (with the Logic Plan). And even when you pay at Pay4Host, they have advertising sometimes.Same goes with FreeHosting. It's free alright, but they have annoying advertisements and crappy customer service and very limited choices when it comes to software and stuff.Just my two cents.

Just my two cents.

Those are probably your 2 MyCents.

Interesting point of view. There are some free webhosts without advertisements. I don't like free webhosts who put advertisments on the pages of the users. This is because I like to decide myself what appears on my webpages.

:D
Edited by inea (see edit history)

what's with that link? is that your website? it's about as unprofessional as your posts. let me give you some trivia about Xisto and the post to host program here. the average user get's about .20 for each post. yes, it fluctuates up and down, but the AVERAGE is 20 cents. now you have 160 posts. it is clearly seen as part of your profile. this means that if you were average, you would have earned about $32 in hosting services credits. MY guess though is that you haven't even earned half that. i will even go further out on a limb and say you have earned about 1/4 of what an average person makes per post. so tell me if i am about right when i say you have earned about $8. you see inea, it's not hard for other people to earn. yea, some people can say it's harder to earn now than before, but the truth is, it's still easy to earn. what makes it hard to earn is when members like you get attracted to the free hosting services, post some really irrelevant information, creat voting polls that nobody votes in, and wonders why you aren't earning more. i have told you two times that it's QUALITY content that counts and you offer NONE. in fact, you only created on thread out of 160 posts that got a whole page of responses. and in that thread you yourself posted about, you found out pretty quick that you are the most annoying user. so instead of continuing to post like you are, maybe it's time to learn about yourself from others because obviously what you are doing isn't getting you where you want to go when you can start a thread like this.i was debating wether to respond to this, but if you are going to try to open peoples eyes about post to hosting being outdated, what you are really saying is Xisto is outdated and i thought i needed to clarify what you have been talking about. you see, it's now Xisto that isn't worth the time or effort or has the problem. it's YOU. you have problems with this place, yet you are still here posting your .05 i-3 liner posts. so for all those out there who get to hear your take on why Xisto is out dated, they will hear my opinion about you.now i may agree with you to a certain extent that there free hosting services out there without ads which may SEEM to be better than any post to host service, but in reality, they are NOT! those free services give you minimal resources, a screwed up control panel, and they rarely give you any options for auntomatically installed software like fantastico. when you post here on the forums and have enough for at least a hosting account, you get a good amount of disk space, bandwidth, a GREAT cpanel, fantastico, etc....all for the just a little of your time to post something usefull. deadmad is wrong. people still post in here because they need to pay for their hosting and domain names. but maybe people like me or saint michael and a couple other members don't need the mycents anymore because we have enough to last 5-10 years now without posting a single post.now i have noticed that SOME of your posts have become a little better. i just hope most ALL your posts reach that level one day. i hope that one day you can hit the average of .20 a post. it seems you are so desperate to post to get mycents, that you aren't seeing how it degrades this forum and makes it worth less in the eyes of new members. if people like me consider you annoying, and other long term members like RGP who is debating whether to log in anymore because i can't stand to see your posts anymore, what do you think new users will think? they aren't even going to waste their time here. they will just read the thread you started about solar energy and leave to read a "see spot run" book because that would be more entertaining.so let me help you out here. if you can't start a thread or respond to a topic with 5+ lines, don't post at all. force yourself to post better quality. practice. if you do that, then i will personally promise you that you will earn more mycents, you will be happier, you wont be as annoying to others, and you will enjoy yourself here more and be able to afford hosting serves quicker. that is my personal promise to you if you follow my simple advice.normally, i wouldn't respond so lengthy, but seeing as you have took the time to post 160 posts in a very short amount of time, researched even the OLDEST topics to post in, i know you can be a valuable user here if you just learn how things work around here. and hey, it's ok to be annoying. i am annoying, but i don't post 2-3 line posts. that has to be more annoying than anything i have to say or my opinions about certain topics and people. you may not like my bluntness, but it's for your own good. also, try to stay in the chat room for more than 3 minutes. maybe you need to start getting to know people on a more personal level, relax, and have fun so this place can be more enjoyable to you.i remember you were in the chat room once and you had to leave because you said you just thought of a good topic. i don't know about the others in the chat room, but i thought it was a little rude but thought, "ok. at least we inspired this person to write something". turned out, it was another 2 line topic with a poll. the poll took more time than what you wrote about and it wasn't even that good. i was so anxious to read about your inspiration but once again, let down by your normal posting patterns. what you are eventually telling people by your posting patterns is that we shouldn't expect much from you. i on the other hand think you have more to offer but it will take a little more effort on your part. are you up for that challenge or should we just expect the same kinds of posts from you?

So post title is changed from Pat4host is outdated to "post for host" is outdated ? I don't know why there is any need to updated the post. Can you give us explanation for your trolling on forum ? I still don't get it why you are creating topics with title which you change after the responses that you get. Is it something like you don't like about the title or you wish to change your opinion based on what others are posting ? Height of trolling.

Those are probably your 2 MyCents.
Interesting point of view. There are some free webhosts without advertisements. I don't like free webhosts who put advertisments on the pages of the users. This is because I like to decide myself what appears on my webpages.

:D

One thing about that reply that pissed me off, if you think Post 4 Host is so 1995 and it's so outdated, then WHAT IN HELL'S BLAZES ARE YOU DOING HERE ANNOYING US WITH YOUR POINTLESS ****? If you love those free hosting so much, get out of here, get their services and leave us be, we like it here. All you're doing is offending a forum that you're new to, dissing it and advertising other hosting places, REALLY, it's annoying.

I would understand topics like this and the other topics related to this that you started from an old customer of Xisto and Xisto who tried this for a long time and other free hosting because they actually COMPARED the two, but you're a new person who just got here and you're already "complaining" about the services.

I'm new here, and I've had their service a for a few weeks and I have to say it's been great. The prices are understandable and their customer service is fast, so no complaining from me.

I have to agree completely with Adell. I do like the post for host the best, and for exactly the same reasons Adell stated, the lack of funds and the fact that I hate running ads for others on my site. I really hate those sites that are just plastered with ads. Yesterday I was tring to read another forum and you could't even see all of the message for the stupid scrolling add on the right side of the page. The very top of the ad was not in reach so you couldn't even X the stupid thing out. That is VERY annoying. Besides, my web site is just that. MY web site.I created it, I maintain it, it is to sell my pups. Why should I promote other's sites? the only ads I have on my site are the Google adsense ads, and they are carefully tucked away on the very bottom of my own pages.

get rid of your adsense all together. you aren't making enough where it's beneficial to compromise the professional look of a website. you also don't want users to click away from your site to find another breeder.

get rid of your adsense all together. you aren't making enough where it's beneficial to compromise the professional look of a website. you also don't want users to click away from your site to find another breeder.

You know, I have debated that very idea for some time now. I did finally get my first check from Google this past spring, but shucks, it took almost 3 years to do it. Now, my sisterinlaw gets a check nearly every month, but I'm a long way from that point. But when you look at just about any web site these days, they all have google ads. So hopefully tucking them near the bottom doesn't really detract much from the professionalism of my site. Not like it's actually all that professional anyway, you know I'm just sooooo 2000!!! :rolleyes:

I like the concept of Post for Hosting. It makes it like a community hosting ordeal and you get to meet new people, network, and also find out a lot of information. This is definitely been an awesome thing I've stumbled upon that I never even knew existed.