xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SilentWarrior

Do You Use A Cms?

Do you use a CMS?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I used e107 for along time on a webserver from home, i liked it but I like phpnuke alot better, i thought about useing it on Xisto but when i tried it, it took to long to load for some reason.

I use a custom CMS through my PhpBB forums. It's awesome except Xisto has MySQL down too much!! argh!

I have my own custom CMS that I built into an HTML template. I need to do things to it though. But I include everything and I made my own way of doing things without 'back end' coding cuz I dont even know what that is. It work great except for when the MySQL is down. I made my news system of CuteNews which doesnt use a database, instead uses .txt files to store data. :D

It is high time that you expand the choices in the poll. Just php-nuke and post-nuke are not the beginning or end of CMS.

Mambo and Drupal are the current hot favourite CMS softwares. If your poll does not have these options, you are missing something very very important.
It is like leaving out Xisto from the choices of a best free web host poll :D

I personally use Mambo wherever I need one. And I have customized it too...

Check out http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, it is built on Mambo and edited extensively.

I have tried almost all CMS. I have stuck to Mambo now. It is the best, in my opinion...

Pretty much everything on my website is designed by myself. I haven't used any templates or any CMS system. I find CMS systems to be too buggy and have way too many opportunities for hackers to get in and screw up your site. With my own stuff, I just make what I need and it is a lot easier to manage (security wise)

yeah, I have tried phpnuke but now I am using Mambo cms and I love it. It is just sufficient for my needs and the admin interface is very much friendly. Dont know why but I feel comfortable with Mambo and plannng to stick with it....

i am not using a CMS atm.I would use mambo over anything else if i did. I've looked around many CMS's and mambo was the best, but i won't bother with making a site with it untill i really need to/when i can actually edit it freely to how i want it. i don't want to start constraing my designs to a cms just yet.I dislike the look of PHPnuke though.

I love using PHPNuke 7.6 Platinum. It has 200+ preinstalled mods on it and its just as customizable as everything else, as well as alot of the PHPNuke Mods are being aimed at Platinum version now

I used to use PHPNuke. I was very happy with it so uninstalled it. PHpnuke takes up way too much space. I just use phpBB forum now.

I'm using Exponent CMS right now. I'm testing a few others, but I don't think I'll be switching, although WordPress is kind of tempting. I'll probably end up using Exponent and WordPress in conjunction. I'm not quite satisfied with Exponent's blog system, but otherwise, it's really good and has a lot of potential.

Anyone who can't find the perfect CMS for them, like was my problem, I strongly reccomend creating/writing your own. If you're very good at it, you can go commercial with it and start making money off your coding. However, if you're the type to do it just for fun, or to have a CMS to use personally, then, so be-it. I tried writing my own, but I suck at coding CSS, and Dreamweaver gives me nightmares. I coded my site using PHP and MySQL, with tons of HTML, and I just don't call it a CMS.Panda