xisto Community
FiReStOrM

Abortion Should it be abolished?

Should abortion be abolished?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

if we take away all laws supporting religion of any form then that means there can be no laws preventing anything a religion says is murder, correct?

laws are formed by moral codes not religious ideology .... the law states that murder is illegal because morally it is abhorrent .... not because religion tells us its abhorrent. Atheists are able to differentiate what is moral and immoral without any religious indoctrination .... otherwise we'd all be running amok, breaking the law and spending most of our time behind bars ....

as for the question of the legality of abortion, I've already posted in this thread re-same ....

Posted Image

i think abortion should remain leagal. i say that if someone wants to do it let them do it. its their kid. besides it is better than someone just leaving a baby outside some place where it will die. just because abortion wasn't an option to them. i would say abortion is better than that.

Well, if you believe that, I guess if you ever had one of those mothers who ever said "I brought you into this world and I can take you out of it" you must've been scared stiff, huh? :)

laws are formed by moral codes not religious ideology .... the law states that murder is illegal because morally it is abhorrent .... not because religion tells us its abhorrent. Atheists are able to differentiate what is moral and immoral without any religious indoctrination .... otherwise we'd all be running amok, breaking the law and spending most of our time behind bars ....

as for the question of the legality of abortion, I've already posted in this thread re-same ....

Posted Image

176228[/snapback]

On the contrary, you go into an Islamic country you expect laws based on the Koran, if you go into a Hindu country you expect laws based on Hinduism. There's a reason all our currency has God's name on it you know.

There are atheists who having denied the existence of evil believe everything is permissible, and there have been some atheists who've been what most would consider pretty immoral.

I am NOT saying this to try and say a person following belief in God is inherently any more moral then anyone else, I'm simply pointing out that basing what's right on what you feel to be right does not always work. And I'm replying specifically to your following statement, to say that being an atheist does not guarantee you a mind capable of infallible moral judgements:

Atheists are able to differentiate what is moral and immoral without any religious indoctrination ....

Human government can tell you what to do but can it give you a good reason why you should do it? People tend by nature towards what is advantageous for them, and that is often not what is most advantageous for others.

I am in-between with the abortion situation. I don't like the fact of what an abortion is, I absolutely dispise it. Some people have no choice but to resort to an abortion. There are women that get pregnant and are unwed that parents or family force it upon them. Some families kill their daughter if they get pregnant unwed... I'd rather she had the abortion than be killed herself. Some just can't have babies or it could put their lives at jeopardy. For the people who get abortions because a child might ruin their lives is wrong. There are other options for them. Adoption is one of them, there are many people out there that can't get pregnant or refuse to get pregnant again because of still born or miss carriage. Like I said, I am in-between. I think it's wrong, but in some ways it could be doing some right. I would like to say I would never do it myself, but if my diabetes could end up with me having a stillborn, miscarriage or physical, mental disabilities I would get an abortion because I wouldn't want to put a child through that.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Edited spelling as per request.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Abortion should be done away with. You may disagree with me. Why? Can any of you give me one good reason why you should kill a live baby? What about the morning after pill? It will kill the already devoloping fetus. People are so blind these days. I challenge any of you to give me a good reason. Why would you kill? It is murder. You may think it is a great solution to rape victims. Why not turn to adoption? Let me give you some alternatives here:1. You can always adopt the child out.2. You could keep the child and the blessing that comes along with it.3. You could kill the child.Three sounds bad doesn't it? For every abortion, that is one dead child. It's future taken away. Destroyed by the act of one person, one choice, the worst one that has ever been decided on. Anyone can debate, anyone can discuss. It is simple. It's murder. Would anyone out there kill a child that is a year old? What about 5 months. No volunteers? I am suprised. You all can support the death of a premature baby, but none of you have the guts to abortion a 5 month old. you would rather have a premature baby scream inside the womb from the pain of having it's brain sucked out. All I can say is where is America going? I WILL be back at this topic!!!

I do not agree with abortion what's so ever. i feel no matte rhow young or old you are if you lay down and enjoy the act of sex then you should stand up and enjoy raising the life that sex produces. Some people feel having sex is no big deal. But it is a very big deal especially when a new life can be created from that one night that felt oh so good.

Personally, for me abortion is equal to killin a person. But in some countries, where social status and standard is very low, maybe rising a child is not as easy as in other more developed countries. Also, what about women who have been raped and then stayed pregnant? That is enogh reason for someone to go for abortion. Anyway, this is a very complex question and it requires a real debate.

I just said though that rape victims can adopt. There is no excuse for killing anyone, not even a fetus. As I said in my last post, none of you would kill a 5 month old baby, but you will stand back and watch as a unborn baby screams from pain as it's brains are sucked out of it's head. May I be allowed to ask what kind of society we live in? Why would someone do that? Kill a baby? It makes me sick. I can't believe you guys!

Abotion could be made illegal, but that won't stop them from being performed. Before Roe v Wade, woman had abortions but they were very unsafe. Sometimes the girls who didn't know who to turn to had to try and perform them on themselves.

I think abortion is wrong because that baby can feel the pain. I'm doing a senior thesis on abortion and I'm learning a lot like how its done and some of the ways are cruel and torturous. Abortion is murder of a living thing created in Gods image.-Krystal

I think that abortion should not be legal I know a few people that had an abortion, Why? I asked some responded because I do not like there father hwy should a baby die because you hate there father? the baby may be something totally different.-Victoria Cox

I think abortion should be totally illegal. if you are not ready or too young to raise a child then simply keep your legs closed. and for people who are raped its called the day after pill there are other options.-bree