xisto Community
Torch89

Best Online game? Which is your favourite Online game?

Counter Strike Source

Agreed. 4.5 years after the source engine was released. Thing are still going strong in Australia. We have over 160 public servers running in Aus and New Zealand [ping from Melbourne to NZ is around 100]. The source SDK community is still booming. Even I use it.

Servers aren't lowering there pricing much, still around $45-$55AUD per/month for standard pub server.

I recommend Counter Strike source to anyone in the world. It has a base price of $20.00USD lifetime license, which is stamped into one steam account, [which is fine]

There is also a mod that is, in my opinion, the best mod in years. "Black Mesa Source - HL1 remake" still not realeased but by looks of the trailer this is a mod to wait for, i think in development for 4 years
Edited by cicala (see edit history)

Agreed. 4.5 years after the source engine was released. Thing are still going strong in Australia. We have over 160 public servers running in Aus and New Zealand [ping from Melbourne to NZ is around 100]. The source SDK community is still booming. Even I use it.
Servers aren't lowering there pricing much, still around $45-$55AUD per/month for standard pub server.

I recommend Counter Strike source to anyone in the world. It has a base price of $20.00USD lifetime license, which is stamped into one steam account, [which is fine]

There is also a mod that is, in my opinion, the best mod in years. "Black Mesa Source - HL1 remake" still not realeased but by looks of the trailer this is a mod to wait for, i think in development for 4 years

Thanks for backing up my answer.

But yes I can't believe how popular it still is after it was released in 2004-2005 I can't remember. But as cicala the server prices are still very expensive!, I just want Valve to make a new Counter Strike Source though :D Maybe with the reviving team mates added into it a bit like Cod5 Zombies.

Now, according to me i think counter-strike 1.6 is the best online game, most players (at least in my country)...Even you can make money wining online tournaments (counter-strike 1.6). I played Warcraft 3, Cod 2, and cs1.6 online, and the best till now is counter-strike 1.6

Favorite online game = FF11. Its not a free game and its been out for quite some time as its obviously older than World of Warcraft but this game has it all graphics when placed up, missions for the four different nations, different classes allowing a lot of diversity among players. Strong bosses to have something to strive forward to, especially rare items or equips. Most people on final fantasy 11 are good individuals who would like to help you, actually I haven't met one person a person could label as an "*bottom*". But I guess its just depending on your own personality. Also there is a sub-job system too that allows you to create builds of your own, really now adays I've seen people couple some new builds together just to get fun of their character. The game doesn't lag but its mostly dependent on your connection as if you play at Besieged, man that has a lot of players there and you may lag even if your computer is high end as the amount of players there the ping amount is very high. But other than that fault, the game is quite expansive, you have a whole world to travel and discover new things. I think thats what we all want in an online game, to meet and have fun with others else it would just be a solo game.

my favorite games this year is cabal online. i like it so much that i even played overnyt just to level up my character there,i like cabal online bec. the way it build the skill/attacks/magic/items/ etc. the graphics of it are like true 3d in my opinion,try to play it guys.. i also played warcraft dota this days and i obsses on it bec. you have to think what strategy you will use to win!and im not good at it so i often practice this days :) hehe practice make you weaker :D hehethats all for now,

For me, the best online game that I have ever played is world of warcraft, ragnarok online, maple story, and pangya. I have played too many game but those listed are the that I labeled as MY BEST.