xisto Community
FaLgoR

Complete Login System With PHP + MYSQL

hey, i really appreciate this xD i was looking for something that i could tear apart with examples of how ot use mysql and php together. im really glad for this, because mysql looks like about the beswt way to store anything xD anyways, thanks and hope your skills take you far!

I just have one question.Where do i paste all those files? Do i paste in file manager? if so which file? do i paste it in mysql? please tell me this fully on where to keep these? i understand that i have to make seperate files but wheredo i keep them? if i foundout it would be great. i love your tutorial dude.Thanks. this was the most easy to understand one really and this one is completePLease tell em thsi andThank you

hmm klind of strange to miss out conn.php its like a vital part of the login system. I am wondering whether this person actually coded it him self or stole it from some one else cos if he coded it him self he woluld not have left out conn.php. Just a thought thats all.Yeah good script for beginners could have doen without the errors cos I got conn.php errors too . good base for a login script thou, at least now I wont forget any of the code requiired...

Hey guys (and albus)i re-wrote the code for the mysql configuration so that it actually works :PEdit: could an admin replace this code wiith the code on the first page, becuase this code ACTUALLY works :PConn.php

<?//change these values with the data you have$host = "localhost";$user = "your_username";$pass = "your_pass";$db   = "your_db";// this  attempts a connection to the mysql databse$ms = mysql_pconnect($host, $user, $pass);if ( !$ms ){echo "Error connecting to database.\n"; //if your login fails}mysql_select_db($db); //mysql check - gl guys -mistikpso-?>

Edited by Mistikpso (see edit history)

Sorry, I am very very new with PHP and mysql. I'm having a bit of difficulty with the script. This notice keeps on coming up at the top of some of my pages. I have tried the edited version of conn.php, that kind of worked. Also, everytime I press Log-In! or Submit! the fields all go blank.$host = 'mysql'; $user = '4138_craptv' $pass = 'flash'; $db = '4138_craptv'; mysql_connect($host,$user,$pass) or die ("Database is unavaiable. Please try again later."); mysql_select_db($db) or die ("Database is unavaiable. Please try again later."); I don't think my table is correct. Can somebody give me the mysql code needed to make the original tutorial table.I would be most grateful.Thanks In Advance.

Edited by craptv (see edit history)

looks great man. I havent tested this yet 'cos I havent installed my Windows Server 2008 Beta 3 yet. Just Finished the download. Will get back to you guys after the installation and necessary database server installations.

thanks a lot for sharing this great tutorial for getting a full login system for my site, I think this script will prevent all the SQL injection threats as it strips off the input values from code.