xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chini13

Cold Drink Of Cow Urine A product in India :)

The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, India's leading Hindu cultural group, has developed Gau Jal or Cow Water, at its research centre in the Indian holy city of Haridwar on the River Ganges, and hopes it will be marketed as a 'healthy' alternative to Coke and Pepsi.Hindus worship cows for their life-sustaining dairy products, but many also consume bovine urine and faeces in drinks and spice mixes for their "health-giving" properties.In some Indian states, cow dung and urine are sold in regular dairy shops alongside milk and yogurt, and "ayurvedic" Indian health food companies make porridge, toothpaste and tonic drinks which claim to cure ailments ranging from liver complaints to diabetes and cancer. The urine is also believed to have disinfectant properties while the dung is used in many Indian village huts as a clean and antiseptic flooring.Now, the RSS's Cow Protection Department has invented a new urine-based soft drink it hopes will promote its health-giving properties to a wider market. His team is now focusing on packaging, marketing, and of course preservation to stop its curative drink from going whiffy in the summer heat.This is a stale news but i guess not many people know about it..Well anyone wants to try out this special cold drink :)

Heh.. When I told you I enjoyed talking about food, I'm not sure I meant urine and feces. I have heard that urine (as in Human urine) has health/skin benefits if you drink it or rub it on your face. They also use cow dung for manure to make gardens grow good. Maybe they are not so insane... eh, they probably are :PIt seems like they're taking advantage of Hindu's respect of cows to sell products if you ask me. I think I'll be in no hurry to try Gau Jal if I visit India, sorry :)

is there a food shortage in india? :)why does it have to be cow urine and feces? why not human or another animal? because cows are worshiped? is this even healthy?!? i wonder if andrew zimmern would eat it....

Well, I guess you can always say "at least they recycle." Their motto should be "nothing isn't recyclable -- even our own excrements!"I don't see how *any* urine could be healthy to drink though. The whole point of urine is that it's the toxins your body has to get rid of, so all you're doing is taking in more potent toxins. It just doesn't make sense to me.