xisto Community
anwiii

I Lost 3 Posts why should people even waste their time?

i know. but that is the sad part to me. i see these loyal members sticking around doing whatever they can to help this place. i already know my tctics are someone not the best in other peoples eyes to get heard around here. but it's just sad to me. take for instance soviet who tried to start a contest for Xisto. no warning was ever given about the forum upgrade andthe contest sorta get brushed under the carpet one someone was going out of their way to try and spice things up around here. same with the idea of his Xisto irc channel which i thought could have been a good things, but he sorta gave up on the idea(which was wrong of him) but just shows one persons dedication. i i can talk about everyone's unique qualities here that contribute to the forum and there is just not enough of us to go around. so yea, i think it's really sad it has to be this way.
the last update opaque gave, i sorta teased him that it would be a year before another update will be given. with all the problems and confusions, if opaque is really putting full effort in to this things, he should post a small update every day. let us be a part of what he is trying to accomlish. help the members understand what is going on. a small update every day would help do that. he put in the mood things but there was no updating to alert people to the new changes.

i've been biting my tongue for 2 months. i even had to lie to people saying things will be fixed soon. i regret that now because it's not a reputation i want to have. but i have been biting my tongue not saying anything. well now i say something and it's too harsh. i just think the whole situation here is a sad one and the only one who can fix it is opaque. unfortunately. i don't want to put more pressures on him, but he has made a choice to handle everything himself. the forum has been around for 6 years and buffalohelp is the only one he trusts? he doesn't even trust anyone to help with the coding. he cannot do this alone. the crap of what is happening now is the results of opaque being stubborn and untrusting after 6 years in business with this forum. i understand 100% his concern about not trusting people with the coding, BUT sometimes you have to give in and take the advantages that come along with the disadvantages. yes, there are advantages of coding everything by yourself, but the one main disadvantage is what we are experiencing right now. there has to be some giving in and compromise. changing with the times like he changed the domain and theme. he has to change gradually over time as well. he can't just expect everything else to change around him or too worried or scared about his own changes. it's only going to limit him as a person and his capabilities in the future in what he has the potential to accomplish.

These things you speak of like Soviet doing a contest and stuff are things I missed out on while I was away.

I completely, 100% agree that something should be posted daily to let everyone know the status though. I have yet to find *any* service that has ever done that as well as me. For example, when I was working on a gaming clan website in the past (it took over a month) I ensured there was a post EVERY DAY that had a listing of what I completed, what I was working on, and what I was going to work on next. It not only kept me working hard (because I didn't want to have an update that said "nothing") but it also kept my vision on what was left to do and what I was going next. It was a huge form of time management for me and it worked out very well. Not to mention those who kept up with them were more than happy with my constant updates.

I believe being fully transparent is better than anything. It shows that you are not just *claiming* you are doing something, but you are actually doing something. Sadly I haven't even found one other person/company willing to put in that effort like I do -- then again, I strive to be above and beyond everyone else.

There are a lot of loyal members who are unaware of the fact that "Xisto" is now Xisto. Let me re-build this place peacefully.

Regardless of what you all say, I m not going to GIVE explanations (or bother replying) like always .. since day1. New people like anwii are still in the phase of being loyal to a forum.. patiently. a forum is like a PARTY house between teens. We don't care about the house, the AC, the sofa, the size of the toilet.. no! its the friends who we meet there matters. anyway, this philosophy has no value because my Community speaks for itself.

"please forget about the NEGATIVITY" as its a VENT forum and kindly talk "logic" to me - atleast.

my point: What are the current issues that need to be fixed NOW?

There are a lot of loyal members who are unaware of the fact that "Xisto" is now Xisto. Let me re-build this place peacefully.

Regardless of what you all say, I m not going to GIVE explanations (or bother replying) like always .. since day1. New people like anwii are still in the phase of being loyal to a forum.. patiently. a forum is like a PARTY house between teens. We don't care about the house, the AC, the sofa, the size of the toilet.. no! its the friends who we meet there matters. anyway, this philosophy has no value because my Community speaks for itself.

"please forget about the NEGATIVITY" as its a VENT forum and kindly talk "logic" to me - atleast.

Well they would vote the MyCents, but I would vote the posting problem (where sometimes they don't show up). As far as I know those are the only two issues.

Well I certainly noticed him answering your concerns:

So finally it is admitted then, that this site used an Activity Generator...? I mean, seriously..1973 guests, 1-2 members? Yeah right. This site itself is not even more popular than IPS, yet it used a generator to generate nearly 2000 guests...that is just very stupid. I'd be surprised if members stayed here after finding out about this... <_<

So finally it is admitted then, that this site used an Activity Generator...? I mean, seriously..1973 guests, 1-2 members? Yeah right. This site itself is not even more popular than IPS, yet it used a generator to generate nearly 2000 guests...that is just very stupid. I'd be surprised if members stayed here after finding out about this... <_<

... No, he directly quoted the post even, that states they were *not* used. And 2k people on at once is not unbelievable. I've seen sites that were less than a month old with over 10k people signing up a DAY. The reason that there aren't a lot of members here is because the only reason to sign up is if you want hosting or to post. If you are coming here solely for information there is no reason to be posting.

And I'm assuming most traffic comes from search engines, so a lot of people probably don't even know about the hosting.

I believe being fully transparent is better than anything. It shows that you are not just *claiming* you are doing something, but you are actually doing something. Sadly I haven't even found one other person/company willing to put in that effort like I do -- then again, I strive to be above and beyond everyone else.

i agree 100% and couldn't have said it any better myself and admire people who can do that for the many reasons you mentioned!

well i have said pretty much all i had to say for now. i see someone changed my title.... :)

opaque quoted your post as rpg stated and he responded to it saying there is no activity generator being used to simulate visitors. even if there was, so what. i don't think it hurts the forum any and there are more serious concerns than that to worry about in my opinion. i don't think opaque would lie to us when he posts something. at least i hope not :) so i would just let it go and take his word. i think ash was creating a stink about the same thing in the chat room about a month ago.

Javascript Caching Disabled.

Active User Set to 3 min.

There are no BLUFF-STATISTICS. All stats are reported as per Invision board scripting.

Prefetching now "Allowed". (I am doubtful about this, but lets see.. if this solves issues)

and ((LOL!)) extra "k" is just STYLE and its been put MULTIPLE times to show, its not a Typo. It does not mean anything.

I m not communicating to ILLUMINATI. chill. :P

Hey, thanks for the frequent updates now, that really helps people from complaining :D Can you keep up the updating? It could really tell us what you are doing about the forum fixes.

And I don't the kKS looks stylish at all, it just looks like a MiSTAKE, you should just write Xisto - Discuss Anything! , it could really help with the SEO and google pageranks. The Open Discussion should also be REPLACED it makes it seem like a public and not a community like forum, it makes it seem like any idiot can come here and post answers. People could become reluctant to post their problems.

OpaQue has better things to do than to post in threads like this (such as fixing the errors/issues), although I do like that he has shown some initiative *by* posting here.

I think there should be something given to the most loyal members here -- it seems a few of us are all that is left and are what is keeping the site alive now.

Really? Does he REALLY? have had something better to do then fixing his Company's FLAGSHIP for 2 WHOLE MONTHS (this is the third month counting...) and how long is it going to type 'hey guys i fixed post issues and im going to start on this' or something? That could even be one-liners not detailed. And most of the time he doesn't respond to criticism to the forum and just ignores it.

If an "activity simulator" fakes the number of people who are online, I am not sure if one is even being used. There are tons of times I search for things online and am brought to links from this site as my first options, so the number of people visiting here is definitely pretty high.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would want to fake the number of visitors when it doesn't help with anything. Just seems a little pointless.

I have seen these too, like the time I searched for something about Photoshop and both Xisto and Xisto were on the first page, so what you think is probably not happening and if you really need proof, go to the active users and then the guests and see by 'Last Click' and they should have thousands of people and it shows what topic they are looking at -- they usally only look at popular topics.

since day1. New people like anwii are still in the phase of being loyal to a forum.. patiently. a forum is like a PARTY house between teens. We don't care about the house, the AC, the sofa, the size of the toilet.. no! its the friends who we meet there matters. anyway, this philosophy has no value because my Community speaks for itself.

First, ANWIII IS NOT A NEW PERSON, and he is loyal to the forum. And if you want to use a 'Party' to explain stuff, so can I. Xisto is hosting a party with a banner which says 'Free Food and Drinks!' and when you go there you find no food, no drinks, 3 homeless people sitting in the corner and broken tv, broken chairs and fallen roof. That's exactly what it is.

And we have been talking logic -- from the second you made 'New Name for Xisto' topic, we WARNED you about Xisto and tried to use logic on you but you simply wouldn't listen to the logic from the votes and changed the name anyway. How are we supposed to TRUST (like wd said) if you are taking our ideas or ignoring them now? You have lost my trust. What's your response to that?

I'd be surprised if members stayed here after finding out about this... <_<

No, they will still stay even if they get banned by the admins :D

And I'm assuming most traffic comes from search engines, so a lot of people probably don't even know about the hosting.

And thats another problem with visitors not knowing that this forum has free hosting, it just says 'Open Discussion' so you look at topics and then leave. If it said something like Post2Host, then we CAN GET NEW USERS IN HERE and have them stay with hosting.

And now OpaQue has proved again by changing Anwiii's topic from something criticizing the forum like 'The Forum is falling Apart' to 'I lost 3 posts' which makes it seem LESS important and is ignoring the big picture... it's like a communist country shooting protesters. I really don't like where this is going...

The title change is a little disheartening... I'm really against censorship, solely on the basis that if you say something you probably said it for a reason. Whether or not it was proper to have said whatever it was, changing it destroys the whole point behind the message -- also, by changing the title of the thread it makes the posts look juvenile.

First, ANWIII IS NOT A NEW PERSON, and he is loyal to the forum. And if you want to use a 'Party' to explain stuff, so can I. Xisto is hosting a party with a banner which says 'Free Food and Drinks!' and when you go there you find no food, no drinks, 3 homeless people sitting in the corner and broken tv, broken chairs and fallen roof. That's exactly what it is.

oh man! haha that analogy is the funniest thing i heard in a long time. that is something i could see myself saying. i couldn't stop laughing when i read what you wrote! it's personally one of my biggest complaints because new users ARE offered hosting credits to post, but when they get here, they are getting nothing to show for their posts so they leave. it's not them leaving that bothers me as much as them being told they will get something and they aren't. it leaves a bad taste in my mouth right now and i still see people trying to help others by explaining the mycents system in the introductions.

but also, ever since opaque put in the chat room, it allowed users to get to know eachother on a more personal level and i agree 100% in his words about a community and the chat room was something to help bring it more closer together in this tough time...

yea, my title was changed. i didn't like that either but i can't sweat that small stuff. my venting and complaints was not about "me".

Guys, this forum isn't more popular than Invision Power Services, yet it had 2,000 guests MOST of them viewing board index, at the SAME time as like 100 of the others (EXACT same time), under 5-10 total members online, and was at 2,000 for a week or more...that...THAT tells me that the activity generated here is a bunch of rubbish. This forum has what...65,000 members? IPS has 144,886+ members, this board has nearly 500,000 posts. IPS has 721,491+ posts.

539 active user(s) (in the past 30 minutes)

80 members' date=' 458 guests, 1 anonymous users | Show by: Last Click or Member Name[/quote']

251 active user(s) (in the past 3 minutes)

5 members' date=' 246 guests, 0 anonymous users | Show by: Last Click or Member Name[/quote']

IPS seems more LEGIT with activity than this forum does...yet, most of the time that "200+" online jumps to almost 3,000 guests, then IPS has only around 600 or so. That is complete rubbish.

+TheGTASector.com' date=' +The Geek, Google, +Chris500, MSN/Bing, Yahoo, +No.10, Trevor Williams, +Real Deal, +EddieE, Brandon D, Green CW, +Shadow82x, +TheRevTastic, +artsangel, +Imran Koyube, +TudorV, +estan, +BRamburn, Facebook, CheapyD, marked, +Mr.Kaitou, +Raug, +serphog, +Camoo, +MitjaLN, +prupdated, +tuan_bui509, +kula_shakerz, +Anya Hawkins, +Neryungri.tel, +Nostra, +Graeme Leighfield, +dutchkiwi2009, Cadokulu, +Panupat, +pisaldi, Stephen, +Alexx Lorenzoo, +itsoc, +ElBrollero, +Claudia999, +Chris Suyeda, +elendell, jonsidneyb, +Dªn, +Garthilk, +Ditchmonkey, +AnthonyKinson, ahard, +Michealfan, +nneves, +kushmoney, +AddictedToThai, +Gaukler, +Mizterkewl, anuhea, +Vicros, +Gauche Suede, +cyrtocara59, +gil05, +djXpire76, +Bartosz.Misiak, +F. John, +Markus-T, +Gabriel Petrelli, +michael9560, tomwill121, Skysz, +phinsup, +IPBSupport.de, +Zolton, +thisISchris, +auszano, +leotan, +ArCha9iner, +Tony.M, +VeonStyles, jacobfuller, +Black-Elmo, +Deltafox, artofdanceacad, +realmaverickuk [/quote']
bigtimedrama' date=' -Sky-, mahesh2k, rpgsearcherz, anwiii[/quote']

THAT tells us something...

EDIT: Just stop trying to hide the truth of Activity...it's stupid.

Edited by -Sky- (see edit history)

New people like anwii are still in the phase of being loyal to a forum.. patiently. a forum is like a PARTY house between teens. We don't care about the house, the AC, the sofa, the size of the toilet.. no! its the friends who we meet there matters. anyway, this philosophy has no value because my Community speaks for itself.

i agree with you opaque, this place is like another family or my work company where i come to learn, study and meet my friends, i don't care about the chairs or the sofa or the desk as long as you provide me with good computer ;). but still when the director "which is you", could develop this company then he should do that,for the good of everyone, and i know you are doing that.

now from what i noticed since yesterday, i can post properly, i never get the same error or my post disappeared suddenly, i can still logging in the forum and not been logged out suddenly or after a while, the chat room is working fine. so we have only the mycent thing, and i noticed that there isn't fast reply editor but i think you disabled it, and sometimes when i write my status from the main page the cursor disappear and can't write any more, this happened to me with status and yesterday when i was posting till i refreshed.

So finally it is admitted then, that this site used an Activity Generator...? I mean, seriously..1973 guests, 1-2 members? Yeah right. This site itself is not even more popular than IPS, yet it used a generator to generate nearly 2000 guests...that is just very stupid. I'd be surprised if members stayed here after finding out about this...

please sky, who cares about how many members here or guests, really. if do you think this may affect the credibility of the forum, then believe me it is not. because me always when i search for something in the net, Xisto is mostly one of the top ten sites, so it is obvious there will be a lot of visitors.

Guys, this forum isn't more popular than Invision Power Services, yet it had 2,000 guests MOST of them viewing board index, at the SAME time as like 100 of the others (EXACT same time), under 5-10 total members online, and was at 2,000 for a week or more...that...THAT tells me that the activity generated here is a bunch of rubbish. This forum has what...65,000 members? IPS has 144,886+ members, this board has nearly 500,000 posts. IPS has 721,491+ posts.

IPS seems more LEGIT with activity than this forum does...yet, most of the time that "200+" online jumps to almost 3,000 guests, then IPS has only around 600 or so. That is complete rubbish.

THAT tells us something...

EDIT: Just stop trying to hide the truth of Activity...it's stupid.

Even if the activity is faked, it's irrelevant. The worst it can do is cause others to think the forum is super-popular and join (in which case there's more people here to talk to).

Most forums even have setting where you can change variables like post count, member count, etc. to whatever you want. It's the same thing really.

yea, if there was an activity generator, it couldn't hurt the form one bit. it could only help it. sky's whole point is that he is insisting that opaque is lying and should just come clean and tell the truth. i personally believe opaque. i would be terribly hurt if i was meant to believe something that isn't true though but i have no reason not to trust opaque in what he says.

well i think he said

since day1. New people like anwii are still in the phase of being loyal to a forum.. patiently.

there's no chance he will mistake anwiii, come on, i will suit him if he did :P

and i liked what you said deadmad, haha it was funny but unfortunately the truth, but still say if those visitors found friends to talk to then they will stay in spite of being hungry or thirsty, good company do magic you know. ;)

yea, if there was an activity generator, it couldn't hurt the form one bit. it could only help it. sky's whole point is that he is insisting that opaque is lying and should just come clean and tell the truth. i personally believe opaque. i would be terribly hurt if i was meant to believe something that isn't true though but i have no reason not to trust opaque in what he says.

You could put it like that I suppose.

Sorry to you OpaQue for accusing. Sorry to all. I just think it's silly. Most forums end up losing it's members, guests and its popularity because of fake generated guests. I just don't want the same to happen to this site. OpaQue, you've put ALOT of effort into this forum, and I really don't want to see it lose it's popularity because of the generated amount of guests. :(

P.S: One of the reasons why I am argumentative today is because I am annoyed at my mother. We have a new Router purchased by a friend of mine for me (100 or so dollars USD) and my mother is trying to claim it as hers. It has really p*ssed me off. So I apologize!