xisto Community
anwiii

I Lost 3 Posts why should people even waste their time?

Javascript Caching Disabled.

Active User Set to 3 min.

There are no BLUFF-STATISTICS. All stats are reported as per Invision board scripting.

Prefetching now "Allowed". (I am doubtful about this, but lets see.. if this solves issues)

and ((LOL!)) extra "k" is just STYLE and its been put MULTIPLE times to show, its not a Typo. It does not mean anything.

I m not communicating to ILLUMINATI. chill. :P

Javascript Caching Disabled.

Active User Set to 3 min.

There are no BLUFF-STATISTICS. All stats are reported as per Invision board scripting.

Prefetching now "Allowed". (I am doubtful about this, but lets see.. if this solves issues)

and ((LOL!)) extra "k" is just STYLE and its been put MULTIPLE times to show, its not a Typo. It does not mean anything.

I m not communicating to ILLUMINATI. chill. :P

Thanks for the updates OpaQue.

And Anwii, I know exactly where you are coming from and everything but I feel you are being a little counter-productive with your constant flaming/complaining. Yes, there are issues -- yes, some are worse than others -- but becoming hostile about it all is helping nobody.

OpaQue has better things to do than to post in threads like this (such as fixing the errors/issues), although I do like that he has shown some initiative *by* posting here.

I would really like to see the site back to where it was before -- where after 2 hours there were 3-4 pages full of new posts when you click the "View New Posts" button -- instead, I do it every 6-8 hours and see a maximum of 6 or so.

I think there should be something given to the most loyal members here -- it seems a few of us are all that is left and are what is keeping the site alive now.

Edited by rpgsearcherz (see edit history)

ut becoming hostile about it all is helping nobody.

well, as i can see that you are an old member, so you must know anwiii's way of writing and stating opinions.

being hostile no, but critic, and pushing others to do their best and he always has a good intentions. when i joined the forum i was afraid from his opinion more than buffelohelp or truefusion. he is always there and digging for the errors and and bring them up.

opaque thank you for your explanation, we were waiting for it. do your best.

well, as i can see that you are an old member, so you must know anwiii's way of writing and stating opinions.
being hostile no, but critic, and pushing others to do their best and he always has a good intentions. when i joined the forum i was afraid from his opinion more than buffelohelp or truefusion. he is always there and digging for the errors and and bring them up.

opaque thank you for your explanation, we were waiting for it. do your best.

His method is not as a critic. His method is hostile towards people.

Rather than showing errors and corrective measures in a more relaxed way, he does it in the "WHY HAVEN'T YOU DONE IT YET?!" way. It causes people to get very defensive, and it has a mental toll on everyone (himself included).

I'm just saying that there are better ways to vent his frustration than the way he is currently doing it.

Also, by his posts, he makes it seem as if he has made recommendations many times. If this is true (as I have stated -- I have not been around for a couple/few months so I am unsure) and no changes have been made in response to them so far, speaking of them over and over is again not resolving anything, as the chances of anything changing are very small.

I do get where you are all coming from. I have also been experiencing the errors and stuff. I just believe you are not helping anything by flaming all the time.

His method is not as a critic. His method is hostile towards people.
Rather than showing errors and corrective measures in a more relaxed way, he does it in the "WHY HAVEN'T YOU DONE IT YET?!" way. It causes people to get very defensive, and it has a mental toll on everyone (himself included).

I'm just saying that there are better ways to vent his frustration than the way he is currently doing it.

Also, by his posts, he makes it seem as if he has made recommendations many times. If this is true (as I have stated -- I have not been around for a couple/few months so I am unsure) and no changes have been made in response to them so far, speaking of them over and over is again not resolving anything, as the chances of anything changing are very small.

I do get where you are all coming from. I have also been experiencing the errors and stuff. I just believe you are not helping anything by flaming all the time.

well, i can say one thing that he and everyone who stated their opinions in this topic, were and still very supportive since the upgrade of the forum and till now. they were always around even through the worst times, but now they lost their patience, so i give them an excuse for that. and anwiii was doing the same thing by stating errors and encouraging members and dealing with new members even when he was a moderator. so if he and others get sick of all that then that's ok, since they are loyal and talk for the sake of the forum. even i agree that this topic contains a lot of strong words but it is the fact and we should deal with it and support the administrator more to fix all this mess.

and at least complaining is better than giving away and leave the forums as many members did.

and still say, we are building TRUST in here, opaque is building TRUST in here. trust the forum, trust the administrators and the moderators and trust each other. we have a great community here, one of the best i ever saw. all that done by being supportive and honest with each other and that how things should always be.

well, i can say one thing that he and everyone who stated their opinions in this topic, were and still very supportive since the upgrade of the forum and till now. they were always around even through the worst times, but now they lost their patience, so i give them an excuse for that. and anwiii was doing the same thing by stating errors and encouraging members and dealing with new members even when he was a moderator. so if he and others get sick of all that then that's ok, since they are loyal and talk for the sake of the forum. even i agree that this topic contains a lot of strong words but it is the fact and we should deal with it and support the administrator more to fix all this mess.
and at least complaining is better than giving away and leave the forums as many members did.

and still say, we are building TRUST in here, opaque is building TRUST in here. trust the forum, trust the administrators and the moderators and trust each other. we have a great community here, one of the best i ever saw. all that done by being supportive and honest with each other and that how things should always be.

Being loyal/trustworthy and being rude are mutually exclusive to one another.

Helping the site would be to be nicer about how things are requested/stated. If something has not changed yet it does not mean the admin is not trying -- he might be working hard at it and just be having complications. Thus being rude in requests/statements is only hurting progress, not helping it.

You have to remember that people work a lot better when they are happy. Happiness helps clear your brain's fog and increase your ability to think well. Being mad/sad/defensive only clouds it over because of our brain's "fight or flight" mechanism, which tells it that if complications arise we should either fight to the death or run from it. Putting the admin in this state of mind, I promise you, is not going to resolve anything at all. The more relaxed and happy he is, the easier/faster his work will be.

Did you guys not notice how OpaQue skipped my post about the Activity Simulator...? He's skipped my post(s) about this now, for the 3rd time already....

If an "activity simulator" fakes the number of people who are online, I am not sure if one is even being used. There are tons of times I search for things online and am brought to links from this site as my first options, so the number of people visiting here is definitely pretty high.I find it hard to believe that anyone would want to fake the number of visitors when it doesn't help with anything. Just seems a little pointless.

Did you guys not notice how OpaQue skipped my post about the Activity Simulator...? He's skipped my post(s) about this now, for the 3rd time already....

Well I certainly noticed him answering your concerns:

Being loyal/trustworthy and being rude are mutually exclusive to one another.
Helping the site would be to be nicer about how things are requested/stated. If something has not changed yet it does not mean the admin is not trying -- he might be working hard at it and just be having complications. Thus being rude in requests/statements is only hurting progress, not helping it.

You have to remember that people work a lot better when they are happy. Happiness helps clear your brain's fog and increase your ability to think well. Being mad/sad/defensive only clouds it over because of our brain's "fight or flight" mechanism, which tells it that if complications arise we should either fight to the death or run from it. Putting the admin in this state of mind, I promise you, is not going to resolve anything at all. The more relaxed and happy he is, the easier/faster his work will be.

i agree with you on this. i said that before and repeat it again, being under too many pressure is not helping at all. when a code not working and keep getting errors when you know that you should fix things as soon as possible, this is already a struggle between you and yourself. add to all that, an outside pressure from users, members and keep on loosing them. it is a huge responsibility that stress anyone. so we should do our share and try to be supportive and patient, even it hard to be done when we loose our temper but still a hard thing that should be done.pushing things too hard may delay the process even more, and make things worse.

sky- no. he did NOT skip your statement. i read his response to it before i got some sleep. you need to pay more attention when you put blame on someonerpg- i FAR from being hostile. if i was hostile, people would know it. as far as giving opinions in the past? yes i have. i have come to the conclusion when people talk more respectfull with time and patience, nothing hardly gets done. now i agree, my tone may not help, but it can't be any worse than what's been happening already with users being ignored in their complaints against this forum. opaque may be trying, but his efforts isn't good enough. that is a fact. another fact is, while other people were complaining for two months, i was watching and wating. i wasn't saying a word. i was on the complete other end of the spectrum. i wanted to wait and see.....wait and see....as time goes by.....more waiting.....more seeing.you think me being blunt right now is being hostile and it contradicts my loyalty? you better think again buddy. you wanted to bring up something bout not hiring high school dropouts or people without high school diplomas. well, this is opaques JOB. he chooses to make it his job. nobody is forcing him. this is what he chooses. if he was working for me, he'd be fired by now because there is absolutely no excuse for the forums to be in toilet water for so long. now you are intimating i am not loyal. i report the most posts, i talk more personally to the new users more than anyone else, i also go out of my way to help people on this forum....sometimes on a personal 1 on one level. i wont say more than most, but it sure ranks up high if it isn't more than most. i am also one of the select few people that has helped the chat room grow to what it is where the chat room in my opinion is one of the best decisions opaque could have made right now. so don't ever tell me i am not loyal or that just makes you look very foolish...as foolish as opaque who wanted to start blaming me for the forums problems thinking i made 3 mistakes when all i did was try to post.i don't expect things to run perfectly.....never have i expected that. i do expect the forums to run as smooth as possible within a reasonable amount of time. in the beginning i was as quiet as a mouse while i saw complaints and complaints and excuse after excuse and sometimes no excuse and no announcements whatsoever while the members were being ignored. i was quiet and supportive. now the time has come where i cannot be quiet opaque admitted his own self he doesn't even know what the errors or bugs are and there is no moderation team right now. opaque even went so far as to post publically that Xisto was out of beta and testing. all i need was go from one extreme, to the other extreme but i only went to the other extreme in the VENT CATEGORY. this is what it is used for, rpg. as a long term member, i would think you would understand what the vent is all about. just because i don't want to sit back quiet anymore does not mean i am being hostile and doesn't mean you have ANY RIGHTS to tell me what i can or cannot vent about. i am not breaking any rules. i am venting. i am not cursing or demeaning someone. i am VENTING and i will get my voice heard right now BY venting and finally taking as stand after 2 months of watching......waiting......and seeing. now maybe if it was in another thread, it would be inappropriate and i would watch my tone. and i do. if you see my other posts in other threads, i take a much more laid back approach. people have their own definitions of what this place means to them. i also have my own. nobody has to share my definition. nor am i expecting anyone to support my own definition of what this place means to me. to me, it's not only a place to share knowledge, but it's a place to meet new people within a tight community which can sometimes be considered "family" like. in this sense, all families don't get a long 24/7 and the longer you know a person, the more rights you have to speak up against someone or something if you think something needs to change. sometimes it can get hostile. i am sure everyone can relate. but right now, i am DEFINATELY not being hostile. just because people don't understand my intentions here or in fact don't know what is fully going on, should be no excuse to make quick judgements. i mean they can and i can even understand their points of view to an extent, but me understanding somewhat doesn't make them right their own selves.people do understand that this is a VENT, right? and admins.....just like celebrities are more prone to the opinions of others because they are more in the public eye and have an implied responsibility to the public....or in this case, it's members! and i dare ANYONE to tell me that anything i have said in this thread is not true. if anything i have said is not true and i have slandered someone with false accusations, speak up now or shut the heck up at how hostile i am being. as i have said many times before. what i say here has no bearing in how highly i look up to opaque. i think he's an incredible human being with a lot of knowledge to share and even a bigger heart to give.....but even HE has a lot to learn. not just from me with the loudest voice right now....but from everyone here who is crying out for his help!

I never said that you are not loyal to the site -- the fact you are still around shows otherwise. I simply stated that by flaming you are not showing loyalty very well.I understand that this is a "venting" area but that still does not help the fact. Maybe it's your lack of proper grammar that changes your implied meanings, but so far just about every post seems full of anger and hostility; not to mention extreme aggression.I do not agree that this is his "job," either. His job is to run the web hosting business (which, by the way, seems to be better/faster than ever -- I am getting responses to tickets within hours -- my last web hosting package was activated less than 5 hours after purchasing). There is no TOS/EULA as far as I know that states he *must* continue with the free service, nor that he *must* keep up with the forums here. As such, he is under no obligations to do anything for any of us. He is doing so on his own time. He could ban everyone from the forums right now and zero out your MyCents and there is nothing any of us could do about it -- there is no signed contract, nor any contract implied.I, for one, am happy that he is doing anything at all. Slow progression is better than no progression to me. I do not understand, though, why the upgrade was made in the first place. I was just as happy before it as I am now, so I think it just caused a lot of issues.

I, for one, am happy that he is doing anything at all. Slow progression is better than no progression to me. I do not understand, though, why the upgrade was made in the first place. I was just as happy before it as I am now, so I think it just caused a lot of issues.

see? that was my whole point. people have their own definitions of what this place means. the fact that you are happy makes me happy! :) BUT! there are a lot of people here that aren't if this issue was just about people suggesting ideas, that would be one thing. this is about fixing what needs to be fixed. i am not going to argue with the definition of hostility in your eyes. let's just say i am full of hostility then in your eyes. i can't really help how people see the world or other people so i wont try to change their views. i just wanted to explain mine a little. i don't know how one topic i started marks me as a hostile person....but ok :) i also don't know how someone can come in after being away for so long and even have a clear understanding of what is going on to even make certain opinion....but ok. everyone has a right to their opinion. whether objective or objective. it just that your opinion and anyone elses isn't going to change how i feel or the way i react to certain things right now.

just curious if anyone heard the expression, "the squeeky wheel gets the grease" :) anyway, this is getting off topic here. this wasn't about judging anyones character. the topic was about the problems going on in the forum that need to be FIXED

see? that was my whole point. people have their own definitions of what this place means. the fact that you are happy makes me happy! :) BUT! there are a lot of people here that aren't if this issue was just about people suggesting ideas, that would be one thing. this is about fixing what needs to be fixed. i am not going to argue with the definition of hostility in your eyes. let's just say i am full of hostility then in your eyes. i can't really help how people see the world or other people so i wont try to change their views. i just wanted to explain mine a little. i don't know how one topic i started marks me as a hostile person....but ok :) i also don't know how someone can come in after being away for so long and even have a clear understanding of what is going on to even make certain opinion....but ok. everyone has a right to their opinion. whether objective or objective. it just that your opinion and anyone elses isn't going to change how i feel or the way i react to certain things right now.
just curious if anyone heard the expression, "the squeeky wheel gets the grease" :) anyway, this is getting off topic here. this wasn't about judging anyones character. the topic was about the problems going on in the forum that need to be FIXED

Well I've just been considering that the MyCents aren't that important right now anyways since (as he said) if you run out of money they will allow you to continue your hosting anyways, at least until the MyCents are fixed and things are back to normal.

To me, that seems like a very good solution to what seems to be a complex problem.

I do see that it is hurting newer people (since they can't get hosting now) but let's face it -- even a few months ago when things were working we were rarely getting anyone new. It was still just a few of us keeping the forums alive. Most people that joined in those days were spammers. I remember reporting around 5-6 people a DAY due to being spam-bots and stuff.

even a few months ago when things were working we were rarely getting anyone new. It was still just a few of us keeping the forums alive. Most people that joined in those days were spammers. I remember reporting around 5-6 people a DAY due to being spam-bots and stuff.

i know. but that is the sad part to me. i see these loyal members sticking around doing whatever they can to help this place. i already know my tctics are someone not the best in other peoples eyes to get heard around here. but it's just sad to me. take for instance soviet who tried to start a contest for Xisto. no warning was ever given about the forum upgrade andthe contest sorta get brushed under the carpet one someone was going out of their way to try and spice things up around here. same with the idea of his Xisto irc channel which i thought could have been a good things, but he sorta gave up on the idea(which was wrong of him) but just shows one persons dedication. i i can talk about everyone's unique qualities here that contribute to the forum and there is just not enough of us to go around. so yea, i think it's really sad it has to be this way.

the last update opaque gave, i sorta teased him that it would be a year before another update will be given. with all the problems and confusions, if opaque is really putting full effort in to this things, he should post a small update every day. let us be a part of what he is trying to accomlish. help the members understand what is going on. a small update every day would help do that. he put in the mood things but there was no updating to alert people to the new changes.

i've been biting my tongue for 2 months. i even had to lie to people saying things will be fixed soon. i regret that now because it's not a reputation i want to have. but i have been biting my tongue not saying anything. well now i say something and it's too harsh. i just think the whole situation here is a sad one and the only one who can fix it is opaque. unfortunately. i don't want to put more pressures on him, but he has made a choice to handle everything himself. the forum has been around for 6 years and buffalohelp is the only one he trusts? he doesn't even trust anyone to help with the coding. he cannot do this alone. the crap of what is happening now is the results of opaque being stubborn and untrusting after 6 years in business with this forum. i understand 100% his concern about not trusting people with the coding, BUT sometimes you have to give in and take the advantages that come along with the disadvantages. yes, there are advantages of coding everything by yourself, but the one main disadvantage is what we are experiencing right now. there has to be some giving in and compromise. changing with the times like he changed the domain and theme. he has to change gradually over time as well. he can't just expect everything else to change around him or too worried or scared about his own changes. it's only going to limit him as a person and his capabilities in the future in what he has the potential to accomplish.