xisto Community
anwiii

I Lost 3 Posts why should people even waste their time?

You could put it like that I suppose.
Sorry to you OpaQue for accusing. Sorry to all. I just think it's silly. Most forums end up losing it's members, guests and its popularity because of fake generated guests. I just don't want the same to happen to this site. OpaQue, you've put ALOT of effort into this forum, and I really don't want to see it lose it's popularity because of the generated amount of guests.

P.S: One of the reasons why I am argumentative today is because I am annoyed at my mother. We have a new Router purchased by a friend of mine for me (100 or so dollars USD) and my mother is trying to claim it as hers. It has really p*ssed me off. So I apologize!

now i can say that these are reasonable words sky, and i really admire what you just said, and your apology.

we never want to be cruel to you but we and you were talking in a completely different things, and after all trust what should be here between us, in so many ways.

You could put it like that I suppose.
Sorry to you OpaQue for accusing. Sorry to all. I just think it's silly. Most forums end up losing it's members, guests and its popularity because of fake generated guests. I just don't want the same to happen to this site. OpaQue, you've put ALOT of effort into this forum, and I really don't want to see it lose it's popularity because of the generated amount of guests. :(

P.S: One of the reasons why I am argumentative today is because I am annoyed at my mother. We have a new Router purchased by a friend of mine for me (100 or so dollars USD) and my mother is trying to claim it as hers. It has really p*ssed me off. So I apologize!

You weren't really 'accusing' anybody there, you were just asking a question. And it was never really 'answered', I think OpaQue has a explanation to give here -- so no one gets a doubt like this again, to clear up all questions like this. He should be really straightforward with this one.

And you really didn't need to apologize, I already understood it was something like this anyway :P And did your friend really give it to you or did he give to your mom? I hope you win over the router :D

opaque already answered the question, deadmad. it was pointed out to sky. now it's being pointed out to you. i don't think opaque need to be interogated here. this was not the post to my thread here.

opaque already answered the question, deadmad. it was pointed out to sky. now it's being pointed out to you. i don't think opaque need to be interogated here. this was not the post to my thread here.

Okay... I think he is lying to us now... After Sky pointed out that the forum is using a 'Activity Simulator', and OpaQue replied that 'it is the IPB standard', then all the visitor dropped from 1900's to 80's... It is usally in the 1000's so I thought that they went to another webpage or something. Then I look this morning it is 213 active user(s). I think something fishy is going on here...

I took a picture of it as proof, so it doesn't get turned on again -

post-93768-025383600 1278224051_thumb.png

What he did is lower the timer from 15 minutes to 3-5 minutes, which, of course, would drop the number of people.Instead of logging an entire 15 min window it's recording 1/3 or 1/5 of that. Think of it as like you're running a club and someone asks "How many people came in here in the past 5 minutes?" And you say 300. Well you can expect that on average, a 15 minute window would be 3x that.The same thing is happening here.He changed it because you all asked him to. I don't see why you're complaining. You're putting him into a lose-lose situation where whether he does what you want or not he's still in the wrong.

Ohhhh.. okay i Get it now... Thanks for explaining though :P Sorry, OpaQue.

Wait a minute.. on second thought if he would have told us that he changed it... maybe I wouldn't have questioned him, so the fault isn't on me entirely.

Straight up copy and paste:

Javascript Caching Disabled.

Active User Set to 3 min.

There are no BLUFF-STATISTICS. All stats are reported as per Invision board scripting.

Prefetching now "Allowed". (I am doubtful about this, but lets see.. if this solves issues)

and ((LOL!)) extra "k" is just STYLE and its been put MULTIPLE times to show, its not a Typo. It does not mean anything.

I m not communicating to ILLUMINATI. chill. :P

It's from this thread too, lol. On that note, it was 3 mins (so it's 1/5 what it used to be).

Edited by rpgsearcherz (see edit history)

What he did is lower the timer from 15 minutes to 3-5 minutes, which, of course, would drop the number of people.
Instead of logging an entire 15 min window it's recording 1/3 or 1/5 of that. Think of it as like you're running a club and someone asks "How many people came in here in the past 5 minutes?" And you say 300. Well you can expect that on average, a 15 minute window would be 3x that.

The same thing is happening here.

He changed it because you all asked him to. I don't see why you're complaining. You're putting him into a lose-lose situation where whether he does what you want or not he's still in the wrong.

Wait a minute.. on second thought if he would have told us that he changed it... maybe I wouldn't have questioned him, so the fault isn't on me entirely.

Posts are getting out of order. Read the one just above your last one (it's the last one I posted but for some reason it shows above your last post on mine, even though it was even in response to yours, lol).

What he did is lower the timer from 15 minutes to 3-5 minutes, which, of course, would drop the number of people.
Instead of logging an entire 15 min window it's recording 1/3 or 1/5 of that. Think of it as like you're running a club and someone asks "How many people came in here in the past 5 minutes?" And you say 300. Well you can expect that on average, a 15 minute window would be 3x that.

The same thing is happening here.

He changed it because you all asked him to. I don't see why you're complaining. You're putting him into a lose-lose situation where whether he does what you want or not he's still in the wrong.

RPG, lowering the User Activity from 15 to 1-3 or what ever does not change the amount of guests.

RPG, lowering the User Activity from 15 to 1-3 or what ever does not change the amount of guests.

Are you sure about that? I did it on PHPBB and it changed the statistics of quests too. IPB may be different but I'd assume it calculates them all the same way.

Yea, I think it DOES change the amount of guests... I used to have a VBulletin Forum, and the same thing happened there and after I increased it from 1 minute to 5 minute, the guests number went up 4-5x.

Guys, IPBs code is completely different than phpBB and vBulletin...

I understand that but I don't see why the user counter would be different for IPB than on any other forum ever created. Why would they be the first ones to say "oh, well guests should not have the same timer as members?" How would that even make sense? In that way, we have no idea how long the guest counter even lasts -- it could be recording the amount of visits per YEAR. Again, this would make no sense.

Therefore, it has to be tied to the user counter.

I wish I COULD JUST REMOVE that GUEST feature!!! LORD! Sorry, I will ignore the rest of this conversation.

And Anwii.. I m happy that you get more time to Talk on my forums than me :) no words for you, you are simply Genius.

And we have been talking logic -- from the second you made 'New Name for Xisto' topic, we WARNED you about Xisto and tried to use logic on you but you simply wouldn't listen to the logic from the votes and changed the name anyway. How are we supposed to TRUST (like wd said) if you are taking our ideas or ignoring them now? You have lost my trust. What's your response to that?

Xisto is a Plan I discussed with many intelligent people around me in PERSON. A lot of things were talked and decided. So, I just wanted your opinion.. I m sorry, for breaking your heart.. but this new place will be better than before.

Its difficult to APPLY all suggestions.. trust me.

And I don't the kKS looks stylish at all, it just looks like a MiSTAKE, you should just write Xisto - Discuss Anything! , it could really help with the SEO and google pageranks. The Open Discussion should also be REPLACED it makes it seem like a public and not a community like forum, it makes it seem like any idiot can come here and post answers. People could become reluctant to post their problems.

BRILLIANT!!!!!

Navigation URL changed - This is the name of the board. It is used as the first link in the navigation menu, etc.

Board Name Changed - This is the name of the board. It is used as the first link in the navigation menu, etc.

Thanks man :)

And Anwii.. I m happy that you get more time to Talk on my forums than me :) no words for you, you are simply Genius.

well as it turns out, i can't talk in the forums about everything i want to say. so in that case, i think buffalohelp is a genious :)