xisto Community
-Sky-

[#10211] You May Only Use Up To 2 Urls In Your Signature.

[#10211] You may only use up to 2 urls in your signature.

You may only use up to 3 lines of text in your signature.

OpaQue, PLEASE remove this limit... :( I can't even put my System Specs in my signature...all I wanna put in is

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.3GHz (OC)

Motherboard: MSI K8NGM2

Hard Drive(s): 80GB (Internal) - 500GB (External)

Display: 1280x1024

Memory: 2GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT 1GB

Posted Image

Elite Tactical Squadron - <[-ets-]> Servers:

<[-ets-]>| Public Server #1 |Dust2| | <[-ets-]> | Public #2 |Assault|

[b]OS[/b]: Windows 7 Ultimate[b]Processor[/b]: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.3GHz (OC)[b]Motherboard[/b]: MSI K8NGM2[b]Hard Drive(s)[/b]: 80GB (Internal) - 500GB (External)[b]Display[/b]: 1280x1024[b]Memory[/b]: 2GB[b]Video Card[/b]: NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT 1GB[url="http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197984163449"][img=http://sig.steamutility.com/big/classic/0/0/76561197984163449.png][/url]Elite Tactical Squadron - <[-ets-]> Servers:[URL="steam://connect/85.25.236.158:27020"]<[-ets-]>| Public Server #1 |Dust2|[/URL] | [URL="steam://connect/91.192.210.193:27000"]<[-ets-]>  | Public #2 |Assault|[/URL]
:(

Seems like you have discovered 'The Signature Restrictions of DOOM!', I get those all the time, I think these rules are only applied to members and not for Admins/Mods. They code only the bbcode, so you i can't even put my signature and my own sentence at the bottom, the new forum is soo big and spacious, i'm sure that these signature might be able to fill that up and make it look neat enough too!SIGNATURES ARE A MAIN PART OF A FORUM!

Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

i got the same error when i edited my signature the last time. but finally i could add a link and a picture. and sky, you can put your system specs in one or two lines and separate them with colons and use one image and it will work. if you want i can send you the code i used.

I ran into my limit before. You know what i did? I removed the ''new lines.'' You have a lot of lines in your signature, but did you forget about the table BB code? You can pull off everything on one line and still have the same look with a table. Though, i would suggest placing the image and everything below it in its own column.

It's tough to balance forum signature and spammers taking part in free advertising... thus the limitation.I place the limit what I felt was enough for the rest of the forum. I also want to limit users from placing too much information. On an occasion I see that signatures serve to enhance the forum. But most often it is self serving (like advertising links and more).If the forum was about computers I can see your signature that displays all of your PC information would be relevant. And I cannot say that our forum is entirely about computers and computers related. If you must place all your computer information, for now, use all in one line instead of putting one item per line.

An alternative to the issue would be to put the information in a picture document (jpg or whatever you want). That would be one picture, text only (so small size), and you could spice it up some as well.For things like PC specs that do not change often it is a great alternative.

It's tough to balance forum signature and spammers taking part in free advertising... thus the limitation.
I place the limit what I felt was enough for the rest of the forum. I also want to limit users from placing too much information. On an occasion I see that signatures serve to enhance the forum. But most often it is self serving (like advertising links and more).

If the forum was about computers I can see your signature that displays all of your PC information would be relevant. And I cannot say that our forum is entirely about computers and computers related. If you must place all your computer information, for now, use all in one line instead of putting one item per line.

it's not tough to balance it. that's what moderators are for or haven't you forgotten? of course signatures are self serving! that's what signatures are there for. why should we promote this forum to make the forum look good in our signatures? what kinda of b.s. are you trying to make us believe here? do you feel that special, buffalo help? you feel above the rest of us again? signatures should be self promoting.....promoting whatever we would like to promote as long as it's legal and not against the rules.

your limitations on loyal members really SUCK. you told me once that you are the best at what you do. that self rightious b.s. really has to go and you should really start thinking about other people your own self rather than run this forum in to the ground with your own rules. so not only do people have to put up with the bugs and the non activation of the mycents system, but they have to put up with you and your rules to limit them further in enjoying this community. signatures are supposed to be a little personal touch about the person who posted. even the online article websites give more room for personal promotion than you are giving LOYAL MEMBERS. now you are calling everyone who posts a personal link, SPAMMERS that you have to limit them?

sorry, but you are wrong in setting such low limits and you really need to rethink your strategy here if you want happy members who make this forum money. i am not saying give enough space to allow signatures to overtake the form. you mentioned BALANCE. what you did isn't BALANCE. it is a RESTRICTION from balance. all you did was go from one end to the spectrum to the complete opposite end. i agree with you. there SHOULD be balance and compromise.....so my question to you is, when are you going to provide some? and when are you going to look out for the loyal members here? now is a good time to start rather than have everyone hate you all the time. don't you agree?

anwiii, take a break and come back when you are ready to decide to remain as a member or keep slandering this admin. You once gave warning another member for bringing personal matters between two people discussed in the forum. You get the same in return.

anwiii, take a break and come back when you are ready to decide to remain as a member or keep slandering this admin. You once gave warning another member for bringing personal matters between two people discussed in the forum. You get the same in return.

Wow... Thats really harsh don't you think Buffalohelp? I think Anwiii said is totally right. I agree 100% with Anwiii. You shouldn't make people scared of you by banning and giving them warnings and stuff. I think your are just abusing the admin power now... and that's not right. Anwiii didn't say anything that bad, he was saying that you should give my permissions to the users and that loyal users should have more power in the forum. A spammer rarely comes into a forum, and what if the spammer puts links in the signature? Then what are Moderators and Admins for? They can ban and give warnings for THE SPAMMERS not the LOYAL MEMBERS who question YOU. Now, you made everyone scared to post in this thread because you may give them a warning for standing up to a admin. If you want give me a warning too and give one for all the other members who stand up, then you can ban everyone and become happy. :angry: Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

are you serious here buffalohelp?????
are you banned a loyal member who still here for entire whole FIVE years just because he is stating his opinion, even if he did that in a harsh way, but LOYAL MEMBERS like anwiii should be treated in COMPLETELY another way. you could talk to him personally, or pm him, or even warn him but not BAN him!!!

for the god sake, what is going on here???
and i really thought that this is really FAIR and HONEST forum, HUH, seems it is not. also Mr. buffelohelp YOU BROKE THE RULES HERE,to remind you about the rules of the forum, then this what you should do.

Languages (warning): All posts made must be written in decent English. This means you will at least try to write grammatically correct sentences and be a little careful at what you're trying to say. We're not all psychic, so if you want to make something clear, do it the right way. Should a post be made in another language, you should at least add an English translation to it.

Respect (frowned upon): All the members in this forum must respect and treat justfully all visitors of this forum. Everyone shall be treated equally in the matters of judgment. "Flaming" members unjust fully will not be allowed.

THESE ARE THE RULES OF THE FORUM ADMINISTRATOR, you should give a warning not ban him, in fact, there's no ban only for illegal content, so did anwiii post an illegal content in here?????

AND IF THE ADMINISTRATORS ARE THE FIRST WHO BREAK THE RULES, THEN WHY WE SHOULD FOLLOW THEM????

i am really get disappointed in here, i can stand by this forum and support the admins and the moderators as long as they acting honest and fair, if not then really i don't have to bother myself anymore.

then i can come in here once or two a month post to get enough mycent to cover my hosting and go, even i said i have friends here, then no problem i can contact them elsewhere, why do i bother myself and wasting my time trying to do my best and become a loyal member to the forum where I STILL TREATED LIKE ANY NEW MEMBER!!!

and i thought YOU ADMININSTRATOR by following the rules and applying them, you are building TRUST and RESPECT, is that THE RESPECT you show it for your loyal members Mr.buffelohelp???

Why are you guys bringing up being banned? It doesn't seem like Anwii was banned -- Buffalo was simply stating that he should cool off before he takes everything too far. I find that to be a very nice thing on Buffalo's side; a warning is a lot better than just jumping straight into punishment.(Or was he banned? Because his account still shows him as a member -- he's not part of the Banned group, unless I'm missing something)

OGN.

Sorry, for being late. :)

@SKY - What do you suggest for these settings?

Maximum number of images users in this group can add to their signature

Maximum dimensions of images users in this group can use in their signature - Max Width (px): x Max Height (px):

Maximum number of urls users in this group can add to their signature

Maximum number of lines users in this group can use in their signature

what kinda of b.s. are you trying to make us believe here? do you feel that special, buffalo help?

your limitations on loyal members really SUCK.

that self rightious b.s. really has to go and you should really start thinking about other people your own self rather than run this forum in to the ground with your own rules.

That Language is BREAKING some really big rules here. We need a Language expert to filter out your emotions and grade them on "respect" scale of 1-10. I could tolerate this on CHAT, but in a discussion, where things are PUBLIC. this is a STRICT NO.

Secondly, Why are you not reporting anything to me??

Why do you want to take things in your OWN hands?

The website is making quite clear that I m an ADMINISTRATOR too.

Do you want to Discuss any complaints raised by You in private(pm's or support tickets) - to be made PUBLIC so that we can sort this out?

Will they help your frustrations by getting you justice?

Anyway, your posting rights was suspended till I see your complaints. Sorry for that, I took an off yesterday (i.e. Sunday).

Your posting rights are active again, now.

Wow... Thats really harsh don't you think Buffalohelp? I think Anwiii said is totally right. I agree 100% with Anwiii. You shouldn't make people scared of you by banning and giving them warnings and stuff. I think your are just abusing the admin power now... and that's not right. Anwiii didn't say anything that bad, he was saying that you should give my permissions to the users and that loyal users should have more power in the forum. A spammer rarely comes into a forum, and what if the spammer puts links in the signature? Then what are Moderators and Admins for? They can ban and give warnings for THE SPAMMERS not the LOYAL MEMBERS who question YOU. Now, you made everyone scared to post in this thread because you may give them a warning for standing up to a admin. If you want give me a warning too and give one for all the other members who stand up, then you can ban everyone and become happy. :angry:

DeadMad, this TOPIC has turned into a battle ground between an admin and member (thanks to the EXTREME levels of kindness & understanding shown)

are you serious here buffalohelp?????

are you banned a loyal member who still here for entire whole FIVE years just because he is stating his opinion, even if he did that in a harsh way, but LOYAL MEMBERS like anwiii should be treated in COMPLETELY another way. you could talk to him personally, or pm him, or even warn him but not BAN him!!!

and i really thought that this is really FAIR and HONEST forum, HUH, seems it is not. also Mr. buffelohelp YOU BROKE THE RULES HERE,to remind you about the rules of the forum, then this what you should do.

AND IF THE ADMINISTRATORS ARE THE FIRST WHO BREAK THE RULES, THEN WHY WE SHOULD FOLLOW THEM????

then i can come in here once or two a month post to get enough mycent to cover my hosting and go, even i said i have friends here, then no problem i can contact them elsewhere, why do i bother myself and wasting my time trying to do my best and become a loyal member to the forum where I STILL TREATED LIKE ANY NEW MEMBER!!!

and i thought YOU ADMININSTRATOR by following the rules and applying them, you are building TRUST and RESPECT, is that THE RESPECT you show it for your loyal members Mr.buffelohelp???

WD, Chill. Anwii has not been BANNED. Just his posting rights are suspended for some hours, so that we can talk and avoid more poison in the forum. If Buff wanted, he could had simply DELETED his post, he has not. He is STILL following RULES.

BTW, WD :- Please put in points about the RULES buff has broken considering History of Both Buff and Anwii. Since, you know both of them.

Why are you guys bringing up being banned? It doesn't seem like Anwii was banned -- Buffalo was simply stating that he should cool off before he takes everything too far. I find that to be a very nice thing on Buffalo's side; a warning is a lot better than just jumping straight into punishment.

(Or was he banned? Because his account still shows him as a member -- he's not part of the Banned group, unless I'm missing something)

Anwii's posting rights have been suspended temporarily so that I and BUFF can decide over this. Just like a MARRIAGE makes a man and Women - 1, This forum has only 1 ADMINISTRATIONSHIP and buff and I are managing it as 1. Xisto/KKS had multiple admins previously.. but then it was decided that there will be only 1 admin. and by far.. Buff has been the best. I do not expect him to even be ACTIVE at the forums. You people cannot understand his ROLE and hence, I cannot tolerate any DISRESPECT to buffalohelp. RESPECT is something which we ENFORCE as a LAW on this forum.

@anwii: you can DIS-RESPECT GOD here, but not our members. So, mind your language.

first, in response to buffalohelp, i never slandered your name here unless you consider "self rightious slander". in which case, i will prove otherwise shortly....admins take on a higher responsibility and therefore have the responsibility to hear more scruitiny from the members. just like a celebrity has to. just like a president has to. this may not be a democracy, but one shouldn't have to respect if one is continuously disrespected by an admin. almost considered harrassment in a sense(which i will also prove).opaque, don't sweat it. i will keep most of it off your precious forums since you don't want the truth to be told and your members left in the dark. this was never about any of my posting privlidges. i will create a webpage DEDICATED to buffalo help which will explain many things to members old and new. i am not going to walk on egg shells wondering what i can post and what i can't post. i would rather just not post at all. so the scrutiny will continue on a seperate webpage which i will link to in my signature. buffalo help wants signatures related to the forum? well, he will get his wish now and you can thank buffalohelp for my newly aquired inspiration.buffalohelp was not specific at all why i was banned from posting or what he considered to be slanderous....but i am too afraid to continue talking about this here so i will start on my web page bright and early tomorrow. my webpage will also be FULLY optimized for some really good keywordsas far as signatures, sky- it's a lost cause. it has been clearly shown people will be banned if they try to have a voice against an admin. they are protected even if they don't follow the same rules as members are expected to follow. opaque- i will prove soon that buffalohelp does NOT follow the same rules as other members of this forum while he has slandered my own name in public by openly saying i slander people... which i have NOT. i was blunt maybe, but i didn't slander anyone.peace out!

What do you suggest for these settings?

Maximum dimensions of images users in this group can use in their signature - Max Width (px): x Max Height (px):

I don't know about the other member's decision but I feel that they should be a medium amount of things in the signature... NOT to much and NOT to little. We should decide this upon as a FORUM COMMUNITY and NOT have anymore fights and battles.

Here is my suggestion:

Maximum number of images users in this group can add to their signature - 2

Maximum dimensions of images users in this group can use in their signature - Max Width (px): x Max Height (px): - 300 x 300

Maximum number of urls users in this group can add to their signature - 3

Maximum number of lines users in this group can use in their signature - 6

This might not be a BIG improvement to the standards that are already there but I feel that this is MORE than enough for putting a signature, your site name, computer specs. ,etc. and it could solve everyone's problem :D

THAT was just SO uncalled for... -_-

OGN.

@SKY - What do you suggest for these settings?

1. Put a max of 3 or 4 images.

2. I don't know. Enough to allow signatures like my Steam one.

3. At least allow around 3-4 or so URLs...

4. Around 10 to 15 lines maybe?

Secondly, Why are you not reporting anything to me??

Because you seem to ignore most of the complaints, perhaps?....

Why do you want to take things in your OWN hands?

Most probably because we get "uncalled for" actions taken up on us for invalid or immature reasons... <_<

The website is making quite clear that I m an ADMINISTRATOR too.

Duh...we're not stupid. I think most of us have already noticed the "Admin - The Official Guru" in both yours and BH's names...

Do you want to Discuss any complaints raised by You in private(pm's or support tickets) - to be made PUBLIC so that we can sort this out?

Support Tickets of complaints HARDLY get answered, even if they do, nothing gets resolved or done about it...

first, in response to buffalohelp, i never slandered your name here unless you consider "self rightious slander". in which case, i will prove otherwise shortly....

admins take on a higher responsibility and therefore have the responsibility to hear more scruitiny from the members. just like a celebrity has to. just like a president has to. this may not be a democracy, but one shouldn't have to respect if one is continuously disrespected by an admin. almost considered harrassment in a sense(which i will also prove).

opaque, don't sweat it. i will keep most of it off your precious forums since you don't want the truth to be told and your members left in the dark. this was never about any of my posting privlidges. i will create a webpage DEDICATED to buffalo help which will explain many things to members old and new. i am not going to walk on egg shells wondering what i can post and what i can't post. i would rather just not post at all. so the scrutiny will continue on a seperate webpage which i will link to in my signature. buffalo help wants signatures related to the forum? well, he will get his wish now and you can thank buffalohelp for my newly aquired inspiration.

buffalohelp was not specific at all why i was banned from posting or what he considered to be slanderous....but i am too afraid to continue talking about this here so i will start on my web page bright and early tomorrow. my webpage will also be FULLY optimized for some really good keywords

as far as signatures, sky- it's a lost cause. it has been clearly shown people will be banned if they try to have a voice against an admin. they are protected even if they don't follow the same rules as members are expected to follow. opaque- i will prove soon that buffalohelp does NOT follow the same rules as other members of this forum while he has slandered my own name in public by openly saying i slander people... which i have NOT. i was blunt maybe, but i didn't slander anyone.

peace out!

I see that... :/

As for the rest, I don't know. Perhaps OpaQue, you should set some rules for BH since he just LOVES to abuse his powers around the forums...no wonder why most get suspended, like my self and anwii...

Here's my word... - Either SORT this crap out (the abusing etc) stop being so harsh to your loyal members (like anwii) and chill the f**k out for once...there's no use warning, suspending, banning posting rights or even actually BANNING us just because YOU feel like it. If your gonna start doing that, then this site is going to get SUCH a bad reputation. Instead of trying to HIDE from the TRUTH why not just COME OUT of your goddamn hiding place and ADMIT to stuff. Sorry, but whether you like it or not this forum is going to lose ALOT of loyal members, other members AND it's visitors because of harsh admins that DONT understand our issues with this board. Either stop taking things so seriously or SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR MEMBERS! Because that's how it's going to turn out if this bullsh*t keeps going on the way it is at the moment!

@ DM, 6?? My sig has 10...