xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chini13

Honour Killing In India what kind of honour is it for the family

The young people in some parts of the northern India have to follow some rules before falling in love or marrying as per their choice.There is a certain code of conduct to be followed by the youngsters especially the women.An the violation to such a code will get them killed.Such cases are getting increased day by day in India.Marrying as per choice is considered as the spoiling of the reputation of the family and the parents dare to kill their child.They don't even regret performing such an act.Does an individual do not have the freedom to live as per choice?Does the so called reputation of the family gets spoiled if a girl child gets married?IS Indian society is still living like a barbarous society? The development of the nation have not brought an end to such an act?The law and order never stringently acts upon the family.Such a social biasness should not be tolerated in the civil society. Acting leniently and providing the way to the crime by the law is a practice which is adding up to this activity .

GOD, this really a barbarian action that must not been forgivable. PARENTS give themselves the right to kill their daughters or sons just because they are using their right of choosing their life and with who they want to share it?

unfortunately, till now,there are many think like that in middle east even we are in the 21 th century. personally, i never witness such a thing for someone i know, but heard about some. and i do really think that all this unhealthy way of thinking and unacceptable behaviors come from the ignorance and the darkness that these people live in, and i will never give them any excuse even if they inherit these habits and way of thinking from their ancestors, but they are not machines that programmed to do certain orders, they have their own mind to think of and know the difference between right and wrong.?

so why they don't think or do anything to improve themselves or find their own way in life, i really don't know. is it easier to just follow others steps rather than walk our own way? or is it easier for not thinking at all? they are hopeless and useless and they know that and they do nothing but blame the traditions. forgotten that they are in the first place PARENTS and they should search for their children's happiness before following a stupid rules put by human like them not GOD. forgotten that GOD is more merciful than human and if we are truthful then we should follow GOD orders not human orders, and GOD never allow killing for any reason.

however, i really think that changing all this will start from the new generations. they should stand and defend their right of freedom and their right of choosing their life. maybe sometimes the results will be unbearable, and not everyone can handle it.but as they say: " every big achievements needs big sacrifices".

?

IS Indian society is still living like a barbarous society?

Yes. Be it any religion in india, there is one popular rule before they attempt to arrange marriage of girl. Rule is that girl must be virgin before marriage. No matter how educated and rational a boy is, not a single boy escaped so far in india to ovecome this rule. I don?t know why every virgin boy is desperate for virgin girl. Other than faithfulness i don?t see any benefit of this rule. One more rule is that Girl should be in lower profile than the boy. Also here people have some sort of family planning strategy that force them to choose girl who?s age is atleast 1-2 years lower than boy. This ensures that girl will give birth to boy. I know it sounds weird but villagers are forcing this rule on every new generation. One more rule among uneducated villages is that if girl failed to give birth to boy or give birth at all then family decides that boy should remarry to another woman by divrocing the previous one. There was one rule earlier among some villages in india that if any girl becomes widow then she either needs to sacrifice her life on funeral of that dead guy or she needs to live her life unmarried. Family of boy can demand dowry (money from the girls side). There are some villages where they do child marriages but because of law it is no longer practiced. There are many barbaric laws still practiced here in india but because of technological development and suppression of old religious tradition, there is some good progress and now women got more rights and can deny many old traditions. I wish some indians read this book ?the manipulated man by esthar vilar? to understand woman and rethink on suppressing them by following traditions.

It's truly a tragic situation but compared to the situation in the past hundred years, the picture is improving. The crimes still happen and women in some parts of India are still ill-treated, but all hope is not lost. The young generation is realising how barbaric such deeds are. So I guess this is the last generation which will suffer such parental pressures. In another 10-20 years, the present youth will become parents and they will have the capacity to think clearly, so hopefully these crimes will come down as well.

honour killing is plain murder.and being a murderer,that too of your kids is never a matter of pride.respect for the beliefs of one's village and the elderly have to be inculcated,not forced by setting up such a horrifying example.killing someone merely because u disapprove his/her partner is against the law.it is unacceptable in the modern society.

I didn't know Honour Killing is also rampant in some parts of India. I did read about Honour Killing in Iraq. The common victims are women, of course. For some reason, girls should be virgin or they get killed. I understand that media or television is an unreliable source so I'll ask some of you who have direct knowledge of it. Is wife-burning (I'm sorry, I'm not so sure of the exact term.) also rampant? I've read about it a few years back in National Geographic.