xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
digiworks8

About Dual Sim Mobile Phone

adv: because of 2 sims,we will use 1 mobile for personal and private use also.no need of 2 mobiles and for youth ,different offers by different networks.Dis adv:charging problem,because of 2 networking parallel,charging goes very fast..

I think the pros and cons of a dual sim phone are almost equal but I think the biggest disadvantage is that there aren't any good models out there. All the dual sim phones that I have seen can hardly match some of the regular phones available in the market. They do try to provide the commonly used features but most often they aren't very good. So unless you desperately want to get a dual sim phone, it's recommended that you stick to regular phones and choose a good model instead.

Edited by The Simpleton (see edit history)

I really do not understand what the dual sim phones are. I was actually wondering about this a couple days ago when I read about one being sold on Craigslist but I guess I am missing something.Based on my understanding (prior knowledge) sim cards are what store your service information (more or less your data plans, calling plans, etc.). So two sim cards would therefore mean you can have two different services, correct?But what would be the use in that? I saw someone mentioned private use as one... But does this mean if your job gave you a calling plan you could use both plans on the same phone and choose which number/plan you are using with each call you receive?I guess I just think it would be easier to have two different phones...

Dual Sim Phones aren't really that bad. I've used more than 2 phones that can accomodate 2 SIMs. Cherry Mobile S10T and a SamSung (I forgot the exact model number.)From my experience with using them, both SIMs are actually active at the same time. So you can receive calls or text messages on both phones. Unless, you're talking to someone on the first SIM when someone calls you on the 2nd SIM. You can also specify what Ringtone or Message alert tone to use for each of the SIM. Switching from one SIM to another is a breeze. Every time you create a text message, you are ask what SIM will be used SIM 1 or SIM 2. I get a laugh when I look at the signal bars (2 of them- a green and a blue) on the phone's interface. Dual SIMs is the thing of the past with the introduction of a 3-SIM phones. (My sister texted me earlier this morning that she has seen a new phone capable of handling 3 SIMs at the same time.

I'm in search for dual sims that let me use GPRS from one card while talking on phone with another card number. I wonder if this is really possible or not with modern dual sim phone. I never asked anyone this before just got this question cause i'm using GPRS lot these days.

I'm in search for dual sims that let me use GPRS from one card while talking on phone with another card number. I wonder if this is really possible or not with modern dual sim phone. I never asked anyone this before just got this question cause i'm using GPRS lot these days.

Your dream is perhaps far away from turning into reality my friend :( And I think you already know this yourself.

As I said in my earlier post, dual-sim phones don't pack in too many features and the one which you're asking for would be really tough to find. The largest maker of mobile phones - Nokia- is introducing its first dual-sim phones C1 and C2, and the features offered along with them are laughable. It's basically a dual-sim phone and nothing else. So all we can do for now is wait, and wait some more until features+dual-sim combine together in a good manner.

what was the advantages and disadvantage of this dual sim mobile phone?

Dual SIM Mobile Phones offer the capability of two live SIMs functional simultaneously with features like call hold & swap, providing real-time switching facility between both SIM at the touch of a button.

First of all i should say there is two type of dual sim mobile phones, the first type is only capable of handling one sim card at a time and you have to change between your sims manually and you can not use both at the same time but the second type is capable of handling two simcard at the same time so you can receive message from both and even do make a voice conference between you and other two peoples. so the first type i think is useless the only purpose of those type phones is that you don't need to open the battery cover each time you want to change your sim otherwise you can not have both sims online at the same time and this is really bad and makes your dual sim phone useless, but the second type is just really amazing as both your simcards are online and available in the network and you can use both, i have used these phones and they are really good for those who do not want to carry two phones with them because they have two sims.But dual sim phones have disadvantages too, one of their major disadvantage is that when both sim cards are online at the same time the battery ends in just very short time, this is really annoying as you see the time you can talk with your phone is just a little, and of course those who have two simcards are more busy peoples and use their phones more than those who have one simcard and this is just a failure for these phones. there are many problems too, one of them is that the phone comes with two antenna and when you hold it in your hand it is really hard to hold it in a way that both antenna being able to receive huge percents of signal and this will cause a problem, when you are talking with a person if another person calls you on other simcard in most of the times he is not able to reach you because of no signal, i have seen this in many phones. another problem is that you can not use both simcards internet for getting better result and better speed and you have to only use one connection at the same time. So i have two simcards as well as two cell phones because those phones just didn't suite me, so now i can use a phone to call my friend and send sms to another friend at the same time, and i can use one internet connection to do reserve a ticket and another connection for buying and downloading my favorite song. and of course when one of my phones ran out of charge i don't loose my both simcards and one is usable yet and again my phones are not eating a lot of battery because of handling two sims. @mahesh2k : i have tested this and it is possible, when you are downloading a file using a sim and you call a friend using another sim, the download do not stop and continues so you can do this but just be aware of battery usage as it will drain as fast as possible !