xisto Community
web_designer

What Do You Think Of Our New Chat Room?

hi trappers, so we got our chat room back again. and i think it is good and interesting comparing to the old shout box. but i really hope if it could be added in the top of every page so that i can follow what is going on in the forums. but i think it can't be done with the new theme of the forum.other than that, it is great, even it is freezing for me sometimes. THANK YOU OPAQUE, you did a great job. thank you for your hard working.so, what do you think trappers?

Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

Yeah new chat room is fun. But its still under testing, Once all the configurations are set right its gonna be more fun. But every one has to be aware of the mods over there, in particular Saint_Micheal is kinda strict in the chat rooms. He practices kung fu there by kicking people out. And the more interesting thing over there is, it unlike the traditional one where every one logs in and asks,asl ? asl ? BuZZ BuZZ !! . I just wonder whether private messaging is gonna be there or not. Have to ask OpaQue regarding the same. Over all, its gonna be fun i guess, lets wait and see :)

in particular Saint_Micheal is kinda strict in the chat rooms. He practices kung fu there by kicking people out.

hahaa, i agree. in fact it is kind of kick craziness over there, everyone kick everyone, they even kicked me Posted Image ,

CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT Posted ImagePosted Image

those guys have no idea on how to treat a lady, they kicked my four times, hmmmm, or maybe more. i can't remember clearly Posted Image

next time when i will enter the chat room, i will be holding a pan, to avoid kicks, haaaa.

BE WARE TRAPPERS, OR YOU WILL BE KICKED SO HARD Posted Image

all members will have to be initiated. it's an unwritten rule. and if they come back in with no sense of humor....well, they will be kicked again :)but yea, i love the new chat room. a chat box or chat room is what this place was missing when people are done posting and don't want to leave this place :P

I agree with Anwiii, I felt cut off from the community when the shoutbox was gone.. This may be a big ask, but it'd be nice to have the last three messages in the chatroom where the shoutbox used to be. That way, people can easily see who's posting and how the discussion is going without having to join.

I agree with Anwiii, I felt cut off from the community when the shoutbox was gone.. This may be a big ask, but it'd be nice to have the last three messages in the chatroom where the shoutbox used to be. That way, people can easily see who's posting and how the discussion is going without having to join.

I still feel cutoff, literally no one is in the chatroom because its just a 'chatroom'. The old 'Shoutbox' was a chat on the top of every page, and no matter what page you were in the forum, you can still participle in it, people just aren't doing that now because it became a room, I wish OpaQue can install the 'ChatRoom Lite Version' or something on top of every page like the old one... Anyone else feel this way?

I still feel cutoff, literally no one is in the chatroom because its just a 'chatroom'. The old 'Shoutbox' was a chat on the top of every page, and no matter what page you were in the forum, you can still participle in it, people just aren't doing that now because it became a room, I wish OpaQue can install the 'ChatRoom Lite Version' or something on top of every page like the old one... Anyone else feel this way?

i feel the same, i prefer it be in the top of everything where we can chat and follow what's going on in the forum. it is much fun this way i think. hope opaque can do it.

i feel the same, i prefer it be in the top of everything where we can chat and follow what's going on in the forum. it is much fun this way i think. hope opaque can do it.

Sure, we can have it like that :) But OpaQue doesn't have to really code anything at all, he can get it as a plugin / module (i don't know what to call it) at the Invision Board Website, and just has to enable it on the AdminCP, its as simple as that. I don't think it really costs something, because OpaQue has already bought the license for IPB V3 :P

I liked it a lot better when it was at the top of every page. That way you could still read the posts, make posts, and keep an eye on the shout box all at the same time. The shoutbox sometimes was really slow, so if all you can do is be in chat, it would be really boring really fast. I did really like the shout box, especially if I had a question about something.

I liked it a lot better when it was at the top of every page. That way you could still read the posts, make posts, and keep an eye on the shout box all at the same time. The shoutbox sometimes was really slow, so if all you can do is be in chat, it would be really boring really fast. I did really like the shout box, especially if I had a question about something.

ok so we are three now. hope there's more to give their opinion here, maybe we could convince opaque to do that for us. Posted Image

ok i think this is time to withdraw my words and say, I DO LOVE CHATROOM better than the old shoutbox. now, we could talk in so many things without others know about ;) . i mean we can talk behind people's back :lol: hahaa, just kidding. no, i mean now we can talk in more things than we used to talk in shoutbox, sharing ideas and opinions in a more private way especially with close friends, and forcing members to show more respect and understanding to other's opinions since we can talk in a more free way. we can even talk about silly things sometimes, well, everyone who comes to chat room a lot will know what i am talking about ;) . especially when starting me and chini talking about makeup :D . so the chat room was a good choice after all.

ok i think this is time to withdraw my words and say, I DO LOVE CHATROOM better than the old shoutbox. now, we could talk in so many things without others know about ;) . i mean we can talk behind people's back :lol: hahaa, just kidding.

no, i mean now we can talk in more things than we used to talk in shoutbox, sharing ideas and opinions in a more private way especially with close friends, and forcing members to show more respect and understanding to other's opinions since we can talk in a more free way. we can even talk about silly things sometimes, well, everyone who comes to chat room a lot will know what i am talking about ;) . especially when starting me and chini talking about makeup :D . so the chat room was a good choice after all.

You are right, the chatroom is almost prefect. But I wish these mods are added to it...

the annoying rules thingy doesn't come up everytime, only at the first time for a new member!

Shows when a new topic/post is made

shows when a user logged in

shows mycent update

ok. let me get broadband then we'll see how cool chatroom is. I have to wait for few days to get back home to use broadband. by the way deadmad you posted reply twice. it got merged lol.

The chatroom is great, but is always empty! People need to come on in and don't be shy! I know this post is old. But I also see there are people still around.