xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nirvaman

Women First - What A Story ! The origin of the famous expression woman first

Do you know The origin of the phrase "Ladies first" ?It's an expression that a lot of guys repeat especially when they want to express their respect for women, "and women like it of course" ;so if you don't know the story and want too , then read the rest of this entry:Long time ago in 18th century in Italy , is was a story about a rich boy and a girl from a poor family who loved each other , and wanted to get married ,but their families objected to their union ,so finally they decided to commit suicide by jumping from a mountain ...When they arrived at the top each one wanted to throw himself first but the boy insisted to go first , so the girl agrees.the boy jumped and committed suicide but the girl has not been able to jump when she saw the body of the dead boy, she went home and after some time she got married and had a lot of children.So since then , people can not trust women , and say "ladies first "

oh, my god, horrible story for a sweet phrase!! and i liked it so much, and now you ruined it.i didn't think ever that this is the source of such nice words, i always thought it is a gentleman words or something. and that girl, absolutely should jump first ;) thank you nirvaman for sharing, good job.

You are welcome web-designer , and don't you think women , should say "Men First " , regarding the story?No , seriously , being a gentelman is a must for all men , women are such a delicate creatures that we must take care of , and if someday for some reason you wanna commit suicide , then remember to let the woman GO FIRST ;)

LolNow That is one funny story from a very respected phrase, i think i should re-write this somewhere for my friends (wanna see their reaction) ;)How'd you find this? Thanks :P

that's funny. is it true? i've been saying women are evil all along and people don't believe me. maybe this story will open their eyes hahai don'[t really get the comparison though about ladies first. the lady didn't jump per her agreement so now we open doors for them? haha that doesn't make sense. ;)all was brought up with "ladies first". my mom insisted on it so i do it to this day when the opportunity arises but i'll even hold doors open for guys too. what sucks though is when your holding the door open and other people are walking in or out, and the people never stop coming. when's the right time to shut the door? i feel like an idiot when i'm just standing there for 15 seconds like a doorman being treated like a door mat :P

that's funny. is it true? i've been saying women are evil all along and people don't believe me. maybe this story will open their eyes haha
i don'[t really get the comparison though about ladies first. the lady didn't jump per her agreement so now we open doors for them? haha that doesn't make sense. ;)

all was brought up with "ladies first". my mom insisted on it so i do it to this day when the opportunity arises but i'll even hold doors open for guys too. what sucks though is when your holding the door open and other people are walking in or out, and the people never stop coming. when's the right time to shut the door? i feel like an idiot when i'm just standing there for 15 seconds like a doorman being treated like a door mat :P

well, anwiii. i don't know what about you and evil women!
but i think standing there opening the door for everyone is beyond gentleman. but it is really funny to see in such a situation :P
i am quite sure, half of the members here want to see you doing that. and i will still thinking that only gentlemen who use "ladies first" expression even the story behind it is awful.

all was brought up with "ladies first". my mom insisted on it so i do it to this day when the opportunity arises but i'll even hold doors open for guys too. what sucks though is when your holding the door open and other people are walking in or out, and the people never stop coming. when's the right time to shut the door? i feel like an idiot when i'm just standing there for 15 seconds like a doorman being treated like a door mat

Bitter truth,well said. Society is full of egoistic people so this just not applies to woman. So helping others or keeping a low profile to have a better interaction often results in this type of incidents. Maybe we need to know when to open door for others when not to take that responsibility.

No , seriously , being a gentelman is a must for all men , women are such a delicate creatures that we must take care of

All women are delicate ? I doubt that. Some are manipulative and too arrogant as well. They want things to go their way and want attention most of the times (well almost every girl wants attention,sorry to be blunt but that's all to it).

and if someday for some reason you wanna commit suicide , then remember to let the woman GO FIRST

LOL ;)

ok. i had to do a quick research on this because this whole theory on the agreement,cliff, suicide thing just seemed too unrealistic to me.

so with my quick research, i did see on this web page that it's the same story as in this thread. HOWEVER, on most websites, the most probably explaination can be found on sites like this here....

in any case, i believe this thread is trying to exploit an old wives tale....but it's a good story non the less and in fact supports my arguement that women are evil! ;)

well, anwiii. i don't know what about you and evil women!

just for you, i posted where this comment comes from and where it originated here....

anyway, what's funny is my wife used to come out smelling like a flower when she describes herself as a rose. just to hide her evilness. but she would also then say well she IS a rose. "i am a rose with thorns" haha sorry, but that is dangerous....

that's funny. is it true? i've been saying women are evil all along and people don't believe me. maybe this story will open their eyes haha

Yep dude , unfortunately ; it's true!Yep , women are evil, and they act as evil , but only when you are an angel , the best way is to become evil ;):P

all was brought up with "ladies first". my mom insisted on it so i do it to this day when the opportunity arises but i'll even hold doors open for guys too. what sucks though is when your holding the door open and other people are walking in or out, and the people never stop coming. when's the right time to shut the door? i feel like an idiot when i'm just standing there for 15 seconds like a doorman being treated like a door mat

I don't really wanna be at your place at that time , especially if a lot of IDIOTS were coming through that door !! but it will be always a good place , and a good manner to serve some good and pretty words to a pretty woman :(

How'd you find this?

Tell us what happened , when they knew the true story ?

i am quite sure, half of the members here want to see you doing that

HAlf of the members ?every one , i think i can even find visitors to my website who wanna see Anwiii in this situation :P

All women are delicate ? I doubt that. Some are manipulative and too arrogant as well. They want things to go their way and want attention most of the times (well almost every girl wants attention,sorry to be blunt but that's all to it).

That's true ,but when i've said women are delicate , i was speaking about the skin :( i'm sure that we can find a lot of manipulative women , but remember always that women have a half brain ! (i heart this somewhere) , so you will be manipulating her , if you use your brain more :D

This story though funny and silly (not in a derogatory manner when i say silly) sounds qute plausible.

From my own experience women can't trully be trusted. I've always believed a phrase I heard on Titanic the movie. Rose's character in narating and says something like a woman's heart is the deepest ocean of secrets. You may think you have women figured out but women don't have women figured out.

hahaha. THis is a real classic i can't wait to tell all my mates down the pub about this one. I'll definitely remeber the ladies first when I next plan a suicide pact with one lol.

@Anwii I hate the door thingy too. But normally when I get fed up. I start to slowly walk through the door way,by turning my back to the on coming people and usually the door will start to close as my hand moves away with my body and some gentleman will usually hold it open to allow me to go through then its his job as doorman now. Unless of course its closing time and they are kicking me out the building - oi son get away from the doorway we are closed. GO HOME will ya!!

Edited by mandla (see edit history)