xisto Community
anwiii

This New Name Trap17 and now knowlagesutra?

the name Xisto didn't affect the quality of the forum here. it is the same users and the same quality as before. in fact, everything is pretty much the same in the forum area except the name. so there is no shame in the forums here itself.

as far as the name, opaque DID post about the new name change. at first it was "newsutra" but then decided on "Xisto". he also put a voting poll up. i don't know why. most people were against the name and changed it anyway but like opaque said. it his website. other people have a chance to name their own. why can't he name his without user feedback?

i know you have been away for a while since you didn't even know the 2-3 threads of discussions here about the changes. if it is so important to you and you want your voice heard, then i suggest you log in more and at least pretend to care. you hardly log in anymore. that's fine too, but i can't respect a users opinion if they rarely log in compared to the people who do log in regularly. it's the active users who make this forum. not the guest. they are here to make the forum some money. and although the occassional post from a member who logs in once a month is always welcome too, but that's about it. the caring factor stops when the member has better things to do rather than support the forum.

Okay all. this is beyond stupid. what is this KNOWLAGESUTRA mess. Xisto is and was well known throwout the net for being one of if not the best forum on the net, now the powers that be have gone and changed the name. Shame Shame. And to Knowlagestruta? Come on You hear that name and what is the 1st thing that comes to mind. kama sutra.
and we all know what that is about. Why take a the chance of even coming close to anything like that when you had a great name that was well known all over the net. Bad enough you now have to download the newest Flash.

Maybe I missed it, but you should have at least told your members of a name change. Maybe let them have some input on a name change. I will lay you odds they would have preferred keeping it as Xisto.com as I would have.

I can only hope that the powers that be. "you know who you are" will read this and rethink all of this. before someone takes that domain. A domain that is as I said Well Known and trusted.

Okay all. this is beyond stupid. what is this KNOWLAGESUTRA mess. Xisto is and was well known throwout the net for being one of if not the best forum on the net, now the powers that be have gone and changed the name. Shame Shame. And to Knowlagestruta? Come on You hear that name and what is the 1st thing that comes to mind. kama sutra.and we all know what that is about. Why take a the chance of even coming close to anything like that when you had a great name that was well known all over the net. Bad enough you now have to download the newest Flash. Maybe I missed it, but you should have at least told your members of a name change. Maybe let them have some input on a name change. I will lay you odds they would have preferred keeping it as Xisto.com as I would have.I can only hope that the powers that be. "you know who you are" will read this and rethink all of this. before someone takes that domain. A domain that is as I said Well Known and trusted.

I'm not a huge fan of the new name either; it's obscure, and longer, and not as cool as Xisto. I'm not really that upset about it, but I don't think the change was a good one. I can understand the want to get the number out of the URL, but there are about a million better names for the site than "Xisto."

i think the name is pretty good and the most important is MAKE THE SITE LOOK MORE PROFESSIONAL. may be you are not noticing that. since, most of you are senior members, but even Xisto is much beautiful and shorter but it doesn't looks profession, unlike the forums here. the first impression i took on this form when i signed up,it is a normal forums offering a free hosting with a name trap, then they are trapping people with the free hosting plan, which most of the other sites do right now. but after a couple of days, i realized it is not, it is a reliable forums with strict rules and helpful and professional members. the first idea passed in my mind, why trap, they can choose something more professional. and they did now, even it is not very common but it is more impressive than trap and refers to what this forum really do, especially the logo of the head, i like it.

The topic started by OpaQue about the new site name can be found here. I don't think Xisto.com will be let go by OpaQue but will be kept as a redirect. Even after making a complete switch to the new name, i don't think the old URL should or would be dropped.

I recommend bookmarking the forum's index page if you don't want to run into the flash introduction of Xisto.

i dont know which is better the old nae or the new one. Both do well in their own right. Xisto was easy to remeber especially because when I come acros Xisto i had been searching all day for somthing similar and finally i come across this site and registered. I didnt even think it was genuine but i gave it a try. Back then we had a credits system were credits represented how many day you could spend with coming to post or something like that. Later on when I was trying to come back I remembered that it was trap something and it was easy to google find Trap forums with free webhosting and find my way back. The rest as they say is history. I believe the name Knoweledge sutra sounds more professional but i guess the intro is a bit to much for me. I liked the first few days I saw it but Im tired of it now lolthen again bear in mind the name google means very little that sound professional so i guess even a silly name like ZOZOPAZUZU.com would probabl sound proffessional over time.Welldone anyway Opaque. Whatever name you decide on is fine. We will always support you as long as we got your support too.PS the my cents system is the best I have seen in years to be honest. You wont believe how greatfull I am for it.

Ok.. Lets have a Challenge.

Find me a Good AVAILABLE domain for this website and if I like/select it, I will give the user 100 USD credit balance. You can search the name on Xisto - Domains.

You should TELL, WHY you selected the name, What is the vision behind the name.

And if you are a graphics designer as well, kindly make a suitable logo for your name.

woa! haha well, if i ever suggest anything, it will be free advice, but i am against another name change. i liked the name Xisto, but i also like the name Xisto. just because i wouldn't have done it the same way, i say keep the name and dedicate a theme around it. this is your baby here. you nurtured it from the beginning and helped give it life. the members and guests may make up the forum, but the name and what the forum stands for will always be more important to you.but i am curious what names people can come up with that aren't taken. mandla suggested zozopazuzu.com.....anyone else? ;)

Find me a Good AVAILABLE domain for this website and if I like/select it, I will give the user 100 USD credit balance. You can search the name on Xisto - Domains.

Trap18.com - like Xisto, but one better ;)

AtWisdom.com - shorter than Xisto, easier to type quickly, and suggests that when you arrive at the site, you are at wisdom / you have arrived at knowledge (the same idea as I believe was behind Xisto). My only worry with this one is that it may confuse people in speech coming out as "w w w dot at wisdom dot com" - that "at" could confuse people.

i think the name is pretty good and the most important is MAKE THE SITE LOOK MORE PROFESSIONAL.

Professional ? :P Anyway,moving on.

Opaque nice way to get 100 mycents...maybe i'll email one word file to ya then select the name from it ;)
Off to instantdomainsearch.com

Opaque nice way to get 100 mycents...

ummm, he didn't say 100 mycents. that would be equal to $1 credit. he said $100 credit. there's a big difference. if someone was on the cheapest plan, they can get a top level domain and webhosting for 3 full years.

i don't want people to get confused in the offer he is offering.

again though, i really hate threads like this that promote asking for domain suggestions in public. maybe it's best if people PM opaque their suggestions instead of publically posting them so if there is actually a good domain available, it doesn't get snatched up or maybe this offer should be in a thread by itself

C'mon we need to look over small typo mistake sometime right ? and yes i agree personal suggestions are much better. That is why going to mail him those suggestions. and that was very good point that if domain suggestions are posted in public might get registered by other users or even non-registered user. With go-daddy and namecheap coupons they can even buy those domains in bulk. So opaque keep eye on inbox ;)

hay trappers, i really would like to say something for a while but i hope no one get mad at me. the name of any website belong only and only to the owner of that website. may be a lot of you here against me, but i will try to convince you.even i am with you that the members are the main feed of the forum, but still we are posting, get free hosting, have fun chatting and talking about anything, getting knowledge from each others, but still the hard work is done by the owner of the website. maybe many of you don't think that but believe me it is. dealing with scripts and code, choosing the design and layout even picking colors are very stress. sometimes it takes days just to make header for many reason (getting the idea of how it should looks like, choosing the color, making the design, and after that when you test it on the website you may find it not fit) and repeat everything from scratch. here i am talking just about the header what about the entire layout. after all that you should deal with codes and scripts, a simple error maybe a missing dote, semicolon or even space will mess everything. and you should spend hours of debugging.even choosing the name itself is a panic, you should pick something you like and related to your site. any programmer or designer should understand what i am talking about here.believe me i spend four months to complete my website, three months choosing the name and the design and one month doing it. i changed the design three times until i decided what to choose. after all that, do you really think that members should choose the name of the website???

C'mon we need to look over small typo mistake sometime right ?

not when information is not correct and can promote confusion.

anyway, i quickly did some research and listed down 5 names if opaque is serious about another name change here (BLAH!). i'm going to try to think of some more as a little more time passes by and just pm him privately.

also, sometimes you have to be careful in choosing a domain and recommending one since some sites will list the domain as available and it really isn't. so it's good to double check sometimes.

Ok.. Lets have a Challenge.

And if you are a graphics designer as well, kindly make a suitable logo for your name.

Okay fair enough How about this? impactwisdom.com its open easy to remember and spell. fairly short so people will remember as well as gives a hint of what they site is about?