xisto Community
Soviet Rathe

Whats Going On With Trap17?!?!?!? its broken... :(

What exactly is going on with Xisto? these past few days the forums has been all but functional, below I will list the errors and non-working parts of Xisto!

Messages won't load - When you click any PM's you are shown a blank page!Fast reply is broken - Does nothing when clicked.
Posting form missing features - Replying to a topic form is missing the editing features, you are basically given a box and a submit button to post now.
Profiles are messed up - Links on profiles no longer work, this includes tabs, drop-downs and other links (I can no longer review posts I have made)
Shoutbox is REALLY broken this time - I can't even enter text! when I hit enter or press "shout" nothing happens and my text stays in the text box.

So do we need to rush Xisto to the Hospital?

Fast reply is working for me. Profiles are also working fine here. Links from other profiles so far are working for me and there is no problem with that. Problem is with loading of Xisto sometimes. flood control sometimes jack up the forums when there is lot of traffic. I think this slows down sometime but usually i find flood control message atleast 2-3 times in hour. Also PM system is broken and i can't even get into viewing it. I do get popup when someone sends me PM but i can't reply or go to PM section. So there is something horribly wrong with the PM system. Any trap 17 admin have clue about PM ? it's broken for last few days.

Fast reply is working for me, in fact, this posting used it.PM's are showing a blank page for me, too.Has anyone submitted a support ticket?

well there are more things wrong than just what was listed. i mention them in the shoutbox when i find them. why the heck would anyone write a support ticket. trap is falling apart and even the admins don't seem to care to comment on anything. so why write a support ticket?admins don't care to comment, then i certainly don't care, but i will shout the problems when i see them....and there has been MANY recently. i am seriously thinking about leaving until the problems get fixed or at the VERY LEAST an announcement of what the heck is going on. and with all the problems, we got spammed big time again today and it took hours to delete it. yea, Xisto here we come! can't even get trap fixed the right way....

Seriously i think there needs to be upgrade for current forum version as suggested many times by sky- and ash. So that way there is likely to be a better upgraded ipb shoutbox as well. So this will solve some problems. i don;'t know why it is not being upgraded but i would like to know if we can atleast look into problem of pm and some other flood control issue. we can't go to PM area and can't view it as well. so this way we can't communicate with each other on forums. Let's hope admins/mods don't get angry if people start to create personal threads if their PM is disabled. who knows that could be the only option as of now. is there any spam control enabled for PM ? or its just broken ?

I only noticed a problem with the pm system , hope it will be fixed soonBut i wish the CMS used here *ipb* to be changed , i love vbulletin ,its easy to use , easy to customize and with less bugs.

The admins may just be changing some things around, If it still continues after a day I report it in the client area on Xisto - Web Hosting Xisto. Just to make sure they are aware of the problems the forum has. Though I do think there should post more announcements on what they are doing or even a Twitter to keep us valuable members informed.

Seriously i think there needs to be upgrade for current forum version as suggested many times by sky- and ash. So that way there is likely to be a better upgraded ipb shoutbox as well. So this will solve some problems. i don;'t know why it is not being upgraded but i would like to know if we can atleast look into problem of pm and some other flood control issue. we can't go to PM area and can't view it as well. so this way we can't communicate with each other on forums.
Let's hope admins/mods don't get angry if people start to create personal threads if their PM is disabled. who knows that could be the only option as of now. is there any spam control enabled for PM ? or its just broken ?

If i'm not mistaken, Xisto is running the latest version of IPB's 2.3 series (2.3.6) an upgrade would mean upgrading to the newest series of IPB (3.x).
And that would cause SERIOUS problems because the code is totally different, and that would mean the credit system would no longer work as well as other things integrated into trap.
although the newer series of IPB looks more professional, it would not suit Xisto, it would completely change the look and layout of the site and would take time to re-code all the mods.

Using IPB myself, maybe the cache of the forums needs rebuilt. my suggestion to opaque would be running the cache tools in the ACP.

I only noticed a problem with the pm system , hope it will be fixed soonBut i wish the CMS used here *ipb* to be changed , i love vbulletin ,its easy to use , easy to customize and with less bugs.

:/ as I said above there's too many things integrated into trap to completely change forums, and what's wrong with IPB? it's my fav forum soft :angel:

PM System, Shoutbox and Fast reply works perfectly fine for me. I have no idea why it issn't for others?EDIT: My bad....no it doesn't. It's broken also. :angel:

for me i still see the folowing errors:pm system, broken links in latest topics, shoutbox. in addition to the other problems in the server. i hope it will be fixed quickly. but till now there's nothing advanced.

For those who think admins don't care, especially anwiii, for the record I was traveling for the past 3 weeks or so. I was not able to be active in duty when it comes to hosting supports because I no longer control hosting servers. Let's get that straight.And whatever the server is doing or not doing, all questions should be posted here, submitted as support ticket or read the news/knowledge base in Xisto - Support.Admin, at least for me, couldn't reply not because I didn't care but because I didn't have internet access except while I was waiting at the airport. Even then I only had few minutes here and there to catchup with my work. So you will forgive me when I say, "I didn't know" right?Furthermore, I don't have hostings with certain servers such as Gamma that flags me to know what's wrong and what's going on. All my hosting accounts are with Theta and Epsilon. Perhaps I should get a hosting with Gamma just to make sure hostings are in working order.Listen, I know you might think this as an excuse or something that I am not taking a responsive approach but I am speaking from the client side as well. It's frustrating but constant complaining does not help the situation. And all of us, except for OpaQue, are volunteers--no extra payment of myCENT for being mods or admins. Some of us are here daily every hours of the day, and some of us are here infrequently. We all try to do our best and while we are logged in. The forum is tied to your myCENT that pays for your hosting account(s). And if the forum does not function where myCENT is not earned you might have a problem paying for hosting account. What does not pay for is the regular maintenance of servers themselves, techs who were hired to perform duties and other unexpected fees that might incur. And there are times myCENT hosting accounts are the last to be worked on or last to be upgraded. Although techs might be slow to act on, don't accuse them of not caring because your support ticket is not answered in 3 minutes, 3 hours or 3 days. I don't know the reason behind the delay but there's better way to know the situation other than "they don't care about us or the forum!" Not very nice thing to accuse of us, them.Why isn't OpaQue on top of these things? Only OpaQue can answer that.

If I cared more about popularity than accountability then I am not fit to be entrusted with this forum by those who trusted me.

you say that on your profile. as far as me, no. i don't think people care. at least compared to a year or two ago or even when this forum started. i've always supported this forum in the past and i am blunt and i don't give off a good impression sometimes. mods in the past were quick to act. they were also strict in judgement. you know this because you wrote about it in your profile. so why don't i see these same people being strict on their own selves if they are going to take a responsibility for the forums?

the pm system has been down for a week. this is probably. i wont talk about the other problems because they are minor compared to the pm system. i have used it to help others and i can't even read my mail. 1 day? two days? fine. 3 days? send a quick message in announcements or something to acknowledge it. tell us what is going on. you don't know? then opaque should be the one. there is absolutely NO excuse so i am glad you said you aren't making excuses for anyone. this forum is running poorly right now.

patience? i am patient. but how long does one need to be patient for and for what reason? i am the one talking and opening my big mouth to draw some attention to the issues even if it does make me look like the bad guy. this forum has been in business for over 5 years and no....there is no excuse. from a forum that's been up for a month maybe....but not one that's been up for 5 years and successful.

like i said before. i don't know if it's because opaque is busy working on the other project right now, but at least SOMEONE can take some time out and acknowledge what is going on and if we should expect things to be fixed or not fixed or just wait til Xisto is up and running, etc...that is the very LEAST i am asking for rather than wonder everytime i log on to trap.

so why don't i see these same people being strict on their own selves if they are going to take a responsibility for the forums?

If you are suggesting some mods/admin are out of line you can PM the other admin for motion to submit a complaint. If PM system is down (in this case) use the email or support system. We are all subject to OpaQue's final decision and he will act accordingly as he sees it fit.

the pm system has been down for a week...send a quick message in announcements or something to acknowledge it. tell us what is going on. you don't know? then opaque should be the one

And this is the first opportunity I had to acknowledge the PM issue as I returned to Trap first time from my 3 weeks away. Thank you for the welcome back message.

how long does one need to be patient for and for what reason

If you feel so strongly about getting the answer to your question, you can contact OpaQue directly since neither he or techs posted any server issue updates. The only latest message on the board is to join in Facebook for Xisto networks. Perhaps you can reach him faster in that manner since he is neglecting this forum.

i don't know if it's because opaque is busy working on the other project right now, but at least SOMEONE can take some time out and acknowledge what is going on and if we should expect things to be fixed or not fixed or just wait til Xisto is up and running, etc...that is the very LEAST i am asking for rather than wonder everytime i log on to trap.

If I had the answer to your statement, would I spend this time to answer a question with another question? Did you prefer to have an announcement that forum is experiencing module issues and Gamma server is disabled and set to read only mode? And preferably signed by Xisto Tech or from OpaQue?
The no excuse portion was regarding that I am also in the dark as I am also the client. I do not have the answer to what is going on with the server(s) and what remedies are being performed at this moment. Why didn't we notify the rest of members of what's going on? The answer is simple--who knows. I am in the same boat as my sites are also experiencing glitches here and there.

We've all experienced forum anomalies when forum went through several upgrades. And there are major upgrades coming and more to come. We don't know what's going on with the forum and why it is acting the way it is. No word from OpaQue and nothing on the announcement board. But we've endured similar issues in the past. So what changed for this time? No one acknowledged it on the forum? It was a bad timing. I was away and OpaQue was not on top of things. He should have made a post saying you'll experience some bugs as he was doing something, or hosting accounts were doing something.

Patience is when you give patience to the intolerable situation to the breaking point, and then giving some more. Supporting the forum is checking in every day to see what you can contribute to the forum, or spending extra minutes to the forum after 15 hour day because you are responsible to the commitment. Commitment not only to the people who are depended on your presence, but commitment to yourself.

And we would do this without prejudice. The forum is misbehaving. And it's inconveniencing everyone. Moderators cannot check the spam reports and they are manually searching each post to see what was reported. Members are not able to suggest vital helpful information because the PM system is down. But we can pull through this mess. It will soon pass and the forum will work like it was. It's uncomfortable being in the dark. Until OpaQue can shed some light to the situation we can only guess. But, what we can do is not panic and not pass any short conclusion.

i really don't know what you are trying to infer or believe right now, buffalo help. are you saying it's better to be left in the dark than being informed? are you saying that when people start mentioning their own complaints i can't pipe in and agree 100%? your "welcome message" wasn't a welcome message. it wasn't even directed at you specifically. i say the forum is falling apart, it's not just the pm's, and it's not just the other issues like the shoutbox. but a combination of things that intimate that the forum is falling apart. does patience include not acknowledging it? because i don't know why others should even have to have patience when they come here for a service and after a while, a community. it's really hard when you care about a place and can't do crap about the problems that are going on or the complaints i see ever day and the new users who always come here confused. the way you describe patience though is not really a go getter attitude. patience is always easier when people can work together....not to leave people in the dark. that's why i mentioned that the least i would expect is for an announcment and updates to the problems so people like me can be more understanding to the problems.....but being left in the dark really sucks, buffalohelp. and this is why i mentioned that maybe nobody else cares. if it's an issue to address opaque, that's fine, but we can't even pm him. actually we can, he just wont be able to read his pm's.....at lest not the normal way. but i figure if can't acknowledge anything, then maybe he just doesn't want to be bothered. i cannot believe for one second he doesn't know what's going on here. i just don't understand anything anymore...and as far as the mods and admins out of line? no. i never said that, but i think that they have their own roles and i did mention that trap used to run better when the mods and admins took a more active role in their responsibilities so why can't the user expect the same strictness on the mods as the mods had put on the members? that's was trying to say. not that anyone is out of line.

so my stand here is, if there are issues, then those issues need to be fixed. if they can't be fixed or wont be fixed, then they need to at least be addressed so people don't feel like they are being ignored. sorry. but that isn't too much to ask for and nobody needs to be patient about the issues being addressed by people who are higher up than the members....like the mods or admins who might just have a clue what is going on but not saying anything. and when i have to be the bad guy explaining all this crap it makes the efforts less meaningfull so you know what? for get it. i wont post about this crap anymore. next time someone asks a question about why this or that, i will just tell them nobody is around to explain it to anyone. welcome to trap. a place where things can slowly fall apart and you are expected not to say anything or complain because that's just the way it is.

If you are suggesting some mods/admin are out of line you can PM the other admin for motion to submit a complaint. If PM system is down (in this case) use the email or support system. We are all subject to OpaQue's final decision and he will act accordingly as he sees it fit.
And this is the first opportunity I had to acknowledge the PM issue as I returned to Trap first time from my 3 weeks away. Thank you for the welcome back message.

If you feel so strongly about getting the answer to your question, you can contact OpaQue directly since neither he or techs posted any server issue updates. The only latest message on the board is to join in Facebook for Xisto networks. Perhaps you can reach him faster in that manner since he is neglecting this forum.

If I had the answer to your statement, would I spend this time to answer a question with another question? Did you prefer to have an announcement that forum is experiencing module issues and Gamma server is disabled and set to read only mode? And preferably signed by Xisto Tech or from OpaQue?

The no excuse portion was regarding that I am also in the dark as I am also the client. I do not have the answer to what is going on with the server(s) and what remedies are being performed at this moment. Why didn't we notify the rest of members of what's going on? The answer is simple--who knows. I am in the same boat as my sites are also experiencing glitches here and there.

We've all experienced forum anomalies when forum went through several upgrades. And there are major upgrades coming and more to come. We don't know what's going on with the forum and why it is acting the way it is. No word from OpaQue and nothing on the announcement board. But we've endured similar issues in the past. So what changed for this time? No one acknowledged it on the forum? It was a bad timing. I was away and OpaQue was not on top of things. He should have made a post saying you'll experience some bugs as he was doing something, or hosting accounts were doing something.

Patience is when you give patience to the intolerable situation to the breaking point, and then giving some more. Supporting the forum is checking in every day to see what you can contribute to the forum, or spending extra minutes to the forum after 15 hour day because you are responsible to the commitment. Commitment not only to the people who are depended on your presence, but commitment to yourself.

And we would do this without prejudice. The forum is misbehaving. And it's inconveniencing everyone. Moderators cannot check the spam reports and they are manually searching each post to see what was reported. Members are not able to suggest vital helpful information because the PM system is down. But we can pull through this mess. It will soon pass and the forum will work like it was. It's uncomfortable being in the dark. Until OpaQue can shed some light to the situation we can only guess. But, what we can do is not panic and not pass any short conclusion.