xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
martvefun

Hi Everyone

Hello !As most of the people posting here I'm new to Xisto (really ? yes !)My name is martin and I come from Belgium (best beer and chocolate in the world !), I'm student in computer sciences (still a lot to learn)My internet connection suck so much, I cannot host my website myself (yet) so that's why I'm here :angel:My knowledge about html-css-php is basic but I saw a tutorial section (I'll read that)

welcome in Xisto. I think you will get helpful information from the community. And since you are a student of computer sciences. So you can also share your knowledge and experience with us. Go to enjoy it. :angel:

Hi martvefun and welcome to the best forum community of all the internet when you will get a lot of free things like hosting of course and domains and professional support to assist you in your web project. You are from Belgium mmm... Ohh you have no to put your computer like a server and that is not recommend so please enjoy this site and only with 20 quality post you will can get a logic plan hosting with 10GB of monthly transfer that is more than enough to all the starting projects in the internet. You will can use any script that you want because this servers named Xisto - Support every script and in Xisto you will have a lot of free services to develop in the rigth way your project.But not only that, here you will can get a lot of fun to because here you will can share your knowledge with a lot of people that is interested in read your post. This forum is so different to all those boring forums where post is an obligation and not a pleasure like here.So welcome and enjoy your time here and believe maybe you never will go from here...Regards.

hosting myself a website is more for the technical challenge, the idea of hosting everything yourself but I know I cannot do something as good as a professional host provider...One problem also is that I wanted to make a website with the framework django which I really like but cannot find an free host for it (is there the posibility to install other framework here ?)anyway I think I'll like Xisto, I've read some really good review about this community and that's why I'm hereI'm not sure to really understand this system of credit20 good post every month ?

Edited by martvefun (see edit history)

hosting myself a website is more for the technical challenge, the idea of hosting everything yourself but I know I cannot do something as good as a professional host provider...One problem also is that I wanted to make a website with the framework django which I really like but cannot find an free host for it (is there the posibility to install other framework here ?)
anyway I think I'll like Xisto, I've read some really good review about this community and that's why I'm here

I'm not sure to really understand this system of credit
20 good post every month ?

Dang it... my run of being the first person to welcome a new member to the community has officially ended. Eh, it wasn't much of reign anyway :P

Anyway, hey there martvefun... welcome to Xisto. The premise of Xisto is that people like you and I can post on these forums and get free web hosting while doing so. The way all of this works is Xisto uses a credit system called 'MyCent.' With MyCent, every time you post you earn credit based on how much quality that post is. The more quality posts you make, the more MyCent you earn. Once you earn enough MyCent, you can then exchange your MyCent for free web hosting, domain names, ect. One thing to note about MyCent and Xisto is it's the quality of the posts that matter not the quanity.
Quality > Quanity

Somebody could easily make 100 posts and earn a set of Mycent, yet somebody else could only post 10 posts but earn MORE Mycent because his/her posts were longer, more thorough and contributed more. That's the way the MyCent system is built, so keep that in mind while you are browsing around the forums.

If you are still unsure about the whole Mycent system even with my length explanation, you can view this link where Opqaue(The site admin) goes into even more detail

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/62216-everything-about-mycents-your-virtual-money-mycents-credit-system-30-point-system/

One thing you also should do is read the forum rules. The rules and the readme are all located here:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

That's all... have fun and if you need anything you can always PM me if you would like :angel:

ok thank youI think I get it now

So if I do a great tutorial, I'll earn more than with this useless post :angel:

Yupp, that's right. Just make sure the tutorial is 100% yours and is not copied from another site, or source or anything like that. Copying posts is against the rules and will get you warned and you do not want that to happen :P

Welcome martvefun. Hope you enjoy your experience at Xisto. I'm hoping I do as well since I'm fairly new here also. :angel: From your avatar, I'm going to guess you are a Linux user. Which distro are you using?Just so you know, you don't need to write a tutorial to get myCENTS quickly. I know a bit about HTML, CSS and Javascript. Only enough to be dangerous though. Certainly not enough to write a good tutorial (yet). There are LOTS of forums here on LOTS of different topics. Just find one that you are interested in and have an opinion on. If you make a post giving your opinion along with the reasons you hold that opinion, you can gain points rather quickly.It took me a few days of searching the forums until I found a topic that I thought I had something intelligent to say something about but it was quite easy after that. I logged in one morning to see if I had enough myCENTS to pay for a month of hosting and I had more than enough for 2 months, lol. I now need to work on some web pages :P You don't really need to rush this .... and good luck with setting up your own server.

Hi martvefun , and welcomeSince you are a French speaker maybe we can insist to have a french section on Xisto forums for us , to feel free to explain our selves ?

From your avatar, I'm going to guess you are a Linux user. Which distro are you using?

Just because you have a penguin in your avatar doesn't mean that you are a Linux user! If you have orange in your avatar does that make you a Apple hater?

Anyways, welcome to Xisto :)