xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Samleeuwenburg

Can't Figure Out Cpanels File Manager

Hey guys!

I just opened up the file manager in cPanel and wanted to test it by writing a simple HTML file that looks like this:

<html> <body> hello world!! </body> </html>

( I did all this with the file manager , in the folder public_html)
then when I went to my page: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ it didn't show it, just the apache cpanel page telling me that everything is working properly and I didn't add any content yet.

What could be going wrong here?

P.s. File manager is telling me that it is a html file so that's not the problem, before I had that I lt didn't save it as index.html rather. Index.html.txt .

Sorry for asking soo many questions on this forum! And thnx for helping out once again.

i have never had a problem uploading through the file manager. but i prefer an ftp client. so it works now. GREAT! good job! do you know what the problem was?

Trap17 hosting accounts have directory index order. They are .htm, .html .php in the order of first priority.Remove any index file and then test out your file again. Make sure your file extension is named corrected as well.

Delete the file, then create a new HTML file, name it test.html and see if that works, or index.html if you just wnt to check by going to your domain!also, did you upload/write the file on the right directory?open legacy file maneger and make sure you are on the public_html folder (look on top of the site) if not find it and create your file there again!

Hi!If you are unable to see the file that you have just uploaded, try to type in the file name along with the rest of the URL in the address bar of your web browser instead of relying on the web server to fetch the default document. If it works, the web server might not be recognizing your file's file name as one of the default document names that are configured.You can also try pressing the control key along with F5 in your web browser to force a refresh that causes the web browser to make another request to the web server. If this approach works, the old content sent by the server was being cached by your web browser and therefore did not reach you.There is also the possibility that a proxy server that you are using, such as your Internet Service Provider's proxy server, may have cached the web page. If this is the case, try to create the file with a different name and access the page again by typing in the complete URL (including the name of the file).If Xisto - Web Hosting/Xisto is doing any kind of caching at their end, it could either by from their web server itself or from the gateway that acts as a kind of a reverse-proxy. It could also be a gateway at the Internet Service Provider that provides Internet connectivity to Xisto - Web Hosting/Xisto. You might be able to get the web server to read the file again by making a change to it, forcing the web server to read the file again from the disk. If that does not work, your last resort would to be raise a support ticket with Xisto - Web Hosting/Xisto and wait for one of the support staff to get back to you with a resolution.PS: Oh, and just in case you have one of those moments, do check the address bar to make sure that you are accessing the correct location through your web browser and that you have uploaded the file to the correct location through the file manager interface or through your FTP client.