xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Captcha Used By Google

I am very sure that many of us would have come across this CAPTCHA which Google uses. The time when you signup for a google account you are forced to use this CAPTCHA. This CAPTCHA is really good as it keeps away spammers and Bots. On the other hand the CAPTCHA which google uses is kinda tough i would say.At times Google confuses me , i think for myself am i a Bot or a human. The words displayed in Google Captcha are so confusing at times such that only dinosaurs can read them. Why is that they have kept it in this way ?? CAPTCHA in a simple form wont it be enough. For example if you visit XISTO website, there in Domain checker we have a CAPTCHA to keep away Bots. That CAPTCHA is kinda so easy and it serves the purpose. When some thing like this ( the one XISTO uses ) is there why does google go for some confusing texts and confuse the users ??

I also hate those CAPTCHA which even a human can't read nor understand what is written in them, even though it's due to that CAPTCHA can be read by bots by writing some programs, in other way CAPTCHA images can be hacked that a bot could recognize them, so more "powerful" generated images have appeared which even we humans don't understand :FAs I read, CAPTCHA images didn't prove to be good, so it's better to use alternatives which would be hard for bots and easy for humans. :)I like the alternatives like, complete the sentence or enter the true value from a sentence which is generated :(I never liked the Audio CAPTCHA, One of my bank accounts has it whenever I login, it's annoying, sometimes I don't understand what it says or sometimes I don't have the ability to use sound :) Also, it's against the rights of disabled people who cannot hear? :DTo conclude, I think everyone should stop using CAPTCHA and find better alternatives.

you are rite nirmal google captcha are really mind blowing they in true sense blow up your mind sometimes i also think i am not a human :) but this is necessary also to keep such a big email service away from the bots and spammers and get us the good mail direct to the mail box. but i think giving two simple questions as used in many forums are easy and nice to keep the bots away but the forums are really not as big as google inc so i think having such a confusing captcha is not their problem, there are tons of hackers and bots tring to get in the google mailing system. and keeping them away and giving us the best security possible is to use a nice captcha and keep the bots away from us.

It's a pain for me too, but I have it on my blog because I kept getting spam on a daily basis written in foreign languages. It was very annoying, so I turned back on word verification.I didn't realize it took people minutes to type a word ; ) and removed my "anti-captcha" security feature . . . I am now taking 30 seconds to come back and report that after a year-and-a-half of blogging without receiving spam comments, I find myself deleting several that have showed up in the past few days, and it's definitely taking me more than 30 seconds to do so.I will be reactivating my anti-captcha, with apologies to those who hate them, because it turns out that my time is as important as my commenters. I'm glad I turned it off, though, because I always wondered if it worked and now I know that anti-captcha does weed out the junk. They do take a lot of time. I understand the point of them, though.

I am agree with you guys. I also don't like Google's captcha that way. That is very annoying to me and have to look some minutes or try to 2/3 times again and again. and the main purpose of captcha is remove spam bots but why Such Google's make difficult captcha even difficult to read by humans. Is that good security if we can't read properly on captcha image?? I don't think so. I also see some captcha like 1+1= ? that is pretty easy for me but I don't have any idea how much day secured.

I just had to deal with it myself today after obtaining my website, which includes Google's email service. Anyways...sometimes it would take me a good (if you call it good) two minutes to get it right...considering I had to create three accounts and log into them several times. Fortunately, you don't ALWAYS have to type the captchas, but make an error in your password spelling and you've got to do it again. Anyways, I agree that it can most certainly be a pain in the neck--straining my head to see what the next letter/number is. It wouldn't be AS bad if they very simply spread out the characters a bit more.I do find them interesting though...However, I've always figured if a computer can make them, it can also break them. True...it's always harder to decrypt then to encrypt, but it's not impossible. I've run in to several recently (I think on Xido's "Manage" account area to be honest) that are VERY simple and easy to use ( a couple strips and the same font over and over). Anyhow...I will call it interesting, no matter how annoying they may become. And flip side of the coin is that for the web hosts, they save a of time from protecting themselves against bots in other ways, that they are able to spend more time developing their website...even Google.Do I side with Google? Probably not much more than you, but I respect and appreciate the reason why it's there.

Here is something for you to check if you want to see why such big services enable captcha. Some of the hackers are using captcha crackers either automatic or with help of people to break into service. Many black hat services are using captcha crackers to create spam bots, spam email accounts in order to get some affiliate emails or nigerian scams etc.If you check sites from russia like :- pixprofit.com- imageearn.comsome of the above site maybe down. but those sites used to give people some money for breaking captcha. that is for 1000 captcha you'll get 1$ and for 3$ captcha cracked you get 3$ in paypal etc. I came across this offer on Mylot.com. Later found out that hackers are using people to crack captcha this way. So captcha could be imperfect but there needs to some security for sites against those bots and humans who want to abuse service. So just because of those people we all have to go all through such pains. I know captcha are worst. I tried more than 10,000 captchas in week when i wanted to use service like easyhits4u.com so i know what damage it can do to your brain.