xisto Community
Baniboy

Review The New Template I Made for my site

Okay ignore that last post, gosh that was ugly, the blue I mean. Anyway, I''m still working on the latest template, but I made a new one as well:post-71342-1269683151_thumb.pngI know the book thing isn't the ideal thing as a logo, I was thinking of a 3D questionmark colored like the freebies link in the menu bar.The tutorials menu link is going to open a drop-down menu when hovered on as well as the freebies link if I end up adding sub-categories.So, how is it?

Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)

Nice template but you might want to change the logo, get a new one. Add some social buttons and the comment box ofcourse. Or just add a banner. And you might want to make the new template be SEO Friendly. Also, which program did you make the template with?

Hey Baniboy. I love your new template. Way cooler than the old blue one.
I would love to see the completed version of the template. 

Thanks a lot. If I get more positive feedback, I'll code this down and use on the site. Even if I don't I might share this as a freebie.

Nice template but you might want to change the logo, get a new one. Add some social buttons and the comment box ofcourse. Or just add a banner. And you might want to make the new template be SEO Friendly. Also, which program did you make the template with?

Thanks, deadmad7I am changing the logo. I'm currently trying to get familiar with Blender, so I can make a 3D questionmark and maybe some effects. I'll make a proper RSS logo as well.
Never really liked social bookmarking, I rarely add sites on Facebook or Twitter as links and I'm having a hard time believing why anyone would want to add a tutorial of mine in their links. After all, this is not a business site.
I'm not sure what you exactly mean by SEO friendly but yes, I'm going to use <h> and <b> elements for keywords and I'm inserting my sidebar after the actual content box in code, and then float them in position.

I don't have the comment box etc in place because I'm still designing and haven't coded or converted the design to a WordPress theme yet.
I make my designs with GIMP and code them down using Crimson Editor running under WINE on Ubuntu. <---- Cheapo :P
Okay no, it's because I don't need PhotoShop or Dreamweaver, I wouldn't use most of PS features or use WYSIWYG to create my pages even if I owned them. Nor will I download pirated copies... ;)

Reason for EDIT: I haz grammar skilz
Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)

post-71342-1269683151_thumb.png
So, how is it?

I'm liking the structure of the thing, at least compared to the other one. The style reminds me slightly of the Mac OS—not a bad thing.

I know the book thing isn't the ideal thing as a logo, I was thinking of a 3D questionmark colored like the freebies link in the menu bar.

The current booklet can be used as a logo. I'm sure you can see it: the top edges and the center of the booklet forms a T, especially if emphasized. Have the right page slightly missing, to be taken up by the rest of the site's name, and the left page similar but slightly more complete. Of course, this means removing any "content" from within the logo (i.e. the GIMP mascot and lines that represent text, et cetera). The fact that the booklet is slightly slanted would allow for many interesting fonts.

i really love the new layout. right now, i can't really say i have an opinion on it.....for once haha. it looks good. there is something missing though and i don't know what it is. i like the grey/blue. i am thinking it has something to do with adding more color.....but i don't know where.but hey, good job, bud! i really like it