xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mra550

Is Jesus Christ A Budhist? a question about christ

Since I am bored and I don't know what to post now I am going to share a story about me so that you guyscan make things clear for meRecently Ive got a friend from china come here in Philippines and he is a member of the religion budhist,he do shares something about budhism and the sultra (I am a Christian) well I do listen to him since heis so friendly to me and not hitting christians (not like anti-christ religion) as the conversation continues hedidn't metion Christ or our God so I didn't get offended. He shares more and more lessons and I found that some lessonsof Budha are most likely the same with the teaching of christ? I have so many doubts now can someone correct me?did Jesus Christ Became a Buddhist in his time? or lean a few lesson from it? I also research the google and somearticles say that there are some missing books in the bible.

Since I am bored and I don't know what to post now I am going to share a story about me so that you guyscan make things clear for me

Recently Ive got a friend from china come here in Philippines and he is a member of the religion budhist,
he do shares something about budhism and the sultra (I am a Christian) well I do listen to him since he
is so friendly to me and not hitting christians (not like anti-christ religion) as the conversation continues he
didn't metion Christ or our God so I didn't get offended. He shares more and more lessons and I found that some lessons
of Budha are most likely the same with the teaching of christ? I have so many doubts now can someone correct me?
did Jesus Christ Became a Buddhist in his time? or lean a few lesson from it? I also research the google and some
articles say that there are some missing books in the bible.

Jesus Christ, from what I have learned/read is a Jew. I am not sure about him being a Buddhist, though.

This is the first I have heard about him being a buddhist. I just googled it, and it seems it is a very popular topic.

The accounts commonly known about both Jesus and Buddha are numerous, as indicated below.
* Born as an incarnate god.
* Born from a virgin mother.
* Birth claimed as a divine event and prophesied as the same.
* Birth attended by singing angels.
* Birth attended by wise men bearing gifts.
* Prodigious childhood.
* As a child astounded teachers with knowledge.
* Fasted in the wilderness for forty days.
* Tempted while alone by the devil.
* Resisted the devil successfully.
* After the devil left, supernatural events occurred.
* Were vegetarians (fish excepted).
* Began ministry at thirty years of age.
* Attract large following mostly from lower classes.
* Attracted disciples who traveled with him.
* Attracted one disciple who was treacherous.
* Changed disciples' names.
* Encouraged celibacy for their disciples.
* Consecrated in a holy river.
* Itinerant ministry instead of at a fixed place.
* Performed miracles such as curing blindness.
* Renounced worldly riches and required the same of their disciples.
* Ministered to outcasts.
* Advocated universal love and peace.
* Taught mostly through use of parables.
* Triumphal entries (in Jerusalem and Rajagripa).
* Gave major sermon from a mound.
* Disregarded by the dominant religious elite (Pharisees and Brahmans).
* Just before death dispatched disciples to preach in other areas.
* Death accompanied by supernatural event.

seems there is a lot of similarities to both buddha and jesus.

Jesus Christ, from what I have learned/read is a Jew. I am not sure about him being a Buddhist, though.
This is the first I have heard about him being a buddhist. I just googled it, and it seems it is a very popular topic.

seems there is a lot of similarities to both buddha and jesus.

when reading many articles about their similarities and teachings I also have many questions in my mind and thats the
question well maybe Buddha is really a great teacher into his deciples and really obtained the enlightenment but somehow
I am still not convince about Jesus being a Buddhist well maybe if there are proofs that can convinced me why not.

when reading many articles about their similarities and teachings I also have many questions in my mind and thats thequestion well maybe Buddha is really a great teacher into his deciples and really obtained the enlightenment but somehow
I am still not convince about Jesus being a Buddhist well maybe if there are proofs that can convinced me why not.

I am really questioning it now, ad wondering if it is true. I do not really believe either way though, that he was. I know it said somewhere in the Bible that Jesus was Jewish. So, I do not think he could have been a Buddhist, too.

I think Buddha was not a good person. I remember reading that somewhere too, but can not be bothered to find it right now.

I would not believe it either way, though.

I am really questioning it now, ad wondering if it is true. I do not really believe either way though, that he was. I know it said somewhere in the Bible that Jesus was Jewish. So, I do not think he could have been a Buddhist, too.
I think Buddha was not a good person. I remember reading that somewhere too, but can not be bothered to find it right now.

I would not believe it either way, though.

well youve got the feeling ive got when I first search about it :) Im finding more things to solve this issue about Christ and Buddha because sometimes priest cannot give the correct information we want to know or sometimes they hide a secret too many secrets and wondering about it, why not reveal it? I am sure the bible is not yet completed as of know in the news there are still
new scripts and scrolls they found

There is no historical evidence to suggest that Christ Jesus is a Buddhist. The historical evidence that does exist suggests otherwise. Similar forms of teachings, sayings, et cetera, does not entail that one got it from the other or that one became a disciple of the other. There are only so many ways to say something, it is not uncommon to use the same words—if indeed they are the same words. I am uncertain of what these teachings you speak of are, but i find it difficult to find any of the Buddha's sayings in English (at least one that is translated in English that is grammatically correct).

There is no historical evidence to suggest that Christ Jesus is a Buddhist. The historical evidence that does exist suggests otherwise. Similar forms of teachings, sayings, et cetera, does not entail that one got it from the other or that one became a disciple of the other. There are only so many ways to say something, it is not uncommon to use the same wordsif indeed they are the same words. I am uncertain of what these teachings you speak of are, but i find it difficult to find any of the Buddha's sayings in English (at least one that is translated in English that is grammatically correct).

sir truefusion here is an example of their similar teachings

Buddha:Hatred do not ever cease in this world by hating, but by love; this is an eternal truth... Overcome anger by love, Overcome evil by good. overcome the miser by giving, overcome the liar by truth.
Jesus: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. From anyone who takes away your coat do not withhold even your shirt. Give to everyone who begs from you; and if anyone takes away your goods, do not ask for them again.

although the use different way to say it and words to express it and let others understand it, look carefully and you will
see and understand they have the same meaning :) I know one similarity of teaching doesn't mean that Christ do
learn from buddhist teachings, and I am still not convince there are a lot of teachings like that in google you can also search
in the buddhist sultra and teachings to know if its true

sir truefusion here is an example of their similar teachings

although the use different way to say it and words to express it and let others understand it, look carefully and you will
see and understand they have the same meaning :) I know one similarity of teaching doesn't mean that Christ do
learn from buddhist teachings, and I am still not convince there are a lot of teachings like that in google you can also search
in the buddhist sultra and teachings to know if its true

Jesus definitely was not a Buddhist. They both have different forms of religions, and it stated in the Bible he was Jewish.
Anything found on the internet is not enough proof for me, people can write whatever they want on here.
I would want proof from god himself, otherwise I would never believe that.

There are a lot of similarities between the Bible and other stories. In the Atra-Hasis epic there is a God who causes a massive flood, another God (the kind one) tells the hero to build a big boat out of his house to the God's specifications, load up his animals and family to escape and save humanity. The flood stops after seven days, and after an argument, the Gods decide that flooding wasn't the nicest way to take care of humans and never did it again. Sound familiar?

Oh christianity has many similarities to many other religions. Ever heard of mithra? Well it was an ancient persian god that had been born from a virgin. He was also the son of god. Later, church tried to defeat Mithra's religion by making up Jesus' birthday to be the same day they celebrated Mithra.Islamic teachings are also similar to christian ones. Although Muslims believe that Jesus was a prophet like muhammed, adam, noah etc. They don't try to deny all other religions, they're saying that other judean religious books have been modified by human, so they aren't valid anymore.As for buddha, nope. Buddha never talked about any god.

Ever heard of mithra?

I've heard of it, but couldn't find any objective sources that showed Mithra being born through a virgin, let alone any woman. While not objective, i nevertheless did find sources that say that Mithra was not given birth. And what little scripture i could find already assumed Mithra's existence, not bearing mention of any beginning for Mithra. What is your source? Hopefully your source wasn't Dan Barker (or any one of his sources).

so ridiculously confusing you know guys? there are a lot of similarities in every some other Gods of other religions and God of us christians well I don't know why there are similar as long as the other side teach the correct and the right attitude and behavior well its fine, but if the other side teaches war, fightings, killings.. well thats absolutely unhuman and devilish thing,I remember way back in the past when there are no other Gods but the Gods of tribes they promote killings and wars against other tribe,

Heavy Buddhist influence on ChristianityIs Jesus Christ A Budhist?

It may surprise readers to know that ever since Buddhism was introduced to the West, books have been composed suggesting the parallels between the 2 faiths were from the same source. In his book, Buddha and Christ Nativity stories from the Indian tradition, the author reminds us of a vigorous debate relating to the Buddhist sources of Christianity mainly before WW1 and WW2.  Well over 100 books have been writen on the subject, including a book showing parallels between the short epistle of James and the masive Buddha bio circulating around the known world 500bc 2 500 ad.  Even to this day, be there an historical Siddhartha Gotama, or not, this figure still boasts the largest biography around one person.

It has also long been accepted by the Catholic church that the old Christian legend of Barlaam and Josaphat is only a pirated version of the Buddha legend. Also noted is that the Buddhists who constructed this particular version of the Buddha legend felt no need to identify their hero with a Christian, the same is obviously true of the gospel authors who painted their Buddha figure as a Jew (Jesus).

The allegory of Jesus is very revealing, he speaks of an unknown father, he tells us that his name/o is blessed but he does not tell us his name, though blessed (bhagva) is also a name of the Buddha.

Jesus says that Moses has not given the people "true bread" (John 6:32) rather his father gives true bread.  And as Jesus stands in for the Buddha it should be known that his father was first named Sudhodona which is usually translated as "pure-rice" but also meant true bread in context of the Buddhist texts and the gospel..  

-reply by Dan Hopkins

Jesus was a carpenter. Jesus was refered to as the King of the Jews. He was Jewish. Many people say that religions are the same. I agree that there are some similarities but people like Allah and Budah were just that. People. They were not gods. There is something that seperates christianity from every other religion though. Many other religions require people to die for their god. They also don't have an actual relationship with their god. Their "god" stays distant from them . We (Christians) have just the opposite. we have a loving and caring God. We have a relationship with God. We are not required to die for God. Matter of fact he died for us. I think christianity would seem more attractive to people just for that reason. They have a God who loves them so much that he would die for each and every one of them.