xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mra550

Stop Using Internet Explorer Now! google disclose lastweek

Microsoft has always been careless about their products, just like the "New" MSN Messenger, it doesn't work at all for over %80 of people who are "Forced" to update to it. Microsoft knows this and yet they do nothing.

Internet Explorer is no exception, the newest version 8.0 crashes/freezes for the most users and there has been no patch to fix this problem, which is why it's suggested by many sources that people use IE7 instead.

I have always loved Mozilla Firefox, especially since I'm a developer and the way it works, just works :) and to my knowledge, it's the only browser that displays code CORRECTLY

Yeah, I prefer to use Mozilla Firefox over all other browsers. Although it does crash for me sometimes, it is one of the best browsers there is around. Internet Explorer is just a piece of crap, and it is extremely slow. I still have it installed on my computer, but I never bother to use it. I keep getting pestered by microsoft auto-update to keep updating to Internet Explorer 8, and after everything I have read about it, I do not even want it just sitting there on the desktop, even if it is no used. I can not stand using that browser anymore. I used it when I was young, back in the early 2000s, because it was what most everyone had. It was fine back then, when there was less competition, but I much rather prefer to use Mozilla Firefox these days. Even the high school I attend upgraded to Firefox. I never see anyone using IE at school, either. Even people who are not *technical geeks* or do not know everything about computers realize how awful of a web browser it really is.

Internet explorer has always been virus prone. That's why I never use it, and haven't for years.Although I sometimes use Opera and Safari, which I might use more, Mozilla has always been greatas far as never being hit by viruses when using it. Why I don't know. Perhaps it has something to dowith being prompted for downloads.The more you use Microsoft the more susceptible to Viruses you appear to be. For example, any microsoft sql software on your computer is a favorite target for these viruses.I've been talking about switching to Linux for a long time and haven't yet, but it's inevitable.

Most frequent web users do not use Internet Explorer. It's usually the people who frequent it the least and/or the people who at work or at a library where their only browser option is Internet Explorer. So, they cannot really do much in terms of finding a new browser for themselves :)

I've been talking about switching to Linux for a long time and haven't yet, but it's inevitable.

I tried switching to ubuntu once, then I burned the disc.. and crapped on the ashes.....
the longer you have used windows the harder it is to get used to linux. but don't get me wrong, it's a great OS but it has terminals like command prompt. but I couldn't even figure out how to install a program that was made for it let alone installing WINE so I can use windows programs :)

I can't really support Google or their Chrome browser. I mean I use their search engine (only because of Gmail and the iGoogle interface) and am even considering buying a phone with their Android software.The problem is the CEO guy (forgot his name) claims his company's not a monopoly and everything his company is about is againstMicrosoft. Microsoft is bad according to him. To me, this is just ridiculous. Google is totally a monopoly. I was really pissed off when they bought YouTube and now look at it. Everything that made YouTube good was taken out after Google got their hands on it. You have to do things like link your Google Account to your YouTube account and that is pure garbage.Anyways, back I topic, I use Internet Explorer when my Firefox isn't working. That's about it. I also agree that no one should be using it unless they have to.

Yeah, I heard about those chinese exploiters on my RSS feed. Anyways, I almost never use Internet Explorer because it is the worst browser ever. What is horrible is that a majority of the people who surf the web use Internet Explorer. They should switch to Firefox, Opera, Chrome, etc. All of those are better than MSIE.

IE, is a really bad program.From experience, I have not liked it, and every PC user I tend to talk to, I try to convert them to Mozilla ASAP.Also, I don't like google chrome, I heard some of google's programs are spyware, and google chrome has some sort of bug that it'll download files or something. I haven't really gotten into it, but I just stick to good ol' mozilla :)

Support IE ? NO WAY !!! There was a joke about this... Why do people used Internet Explorer ?0.5% - because they like it1.5% - because they aren't aware that other browsers exist98% - to download Mozilla FirefoxIE is just useless in every way... i see no reason to use it. Mozilla gives you a way faster browser, tons of plug ins for development and it's just fun to use.

Now we're talking. Yes, stop using it and save the designers the headache of finding solutions to its funny behaviors.In one of my websites I placed a javascript code that detects browser and stops displaying the page if the browser is IE with a message to the user that I'm sorry but I don't support IE. Might not be the best approach to web design but I kind of gave up.

Edited by mamer (see edit history)

Wow, this is a surprising thread. I have never used anything but Internet Explorer. I didn't realize it was any sort of a problem. I've never even seen any other type of browser. I've been pretty lucky about not getting viruses, at least not as bad as some people I know, and it seem to work fast for me.