xisto Community
web_designer

What Is The Best Affiliate Program Or The Best Way To Advertise?

hi everyone, i uploaded my website in trap 17 a while ago and now i want you to share me your opinions of the best way to advertise in my website? which is the best affiliate program?i want a program that doesn't make my website hardly load, i don't want google adsence, i thought of amazon ads, so what do you think??

why don't you start by creating a sig.

hi everyone, i uploaded my website in trap 17 a while ago and now i want you to share me your opinions of the best way to advertise in my website? which is the best affiliate program?i want a program that doesn't make my website hardly load, i don't want google adsence, i thought of amazon ads, so what do you think??

good suggestion...that would help ya loads especially if you're active on the forums like anwii.1000 posts would guarantee at least a few hits, some who may actually become dedicated members to your site.Good luck

I'll stick here some suggestions related to affiliate programs(Not advertising networks):-1) Hosting affiliate programs:- You can have a page or seperate blog on hosting affiliate suggestions and link people to some hosting plans of companies. Choose fatcow,justhost, bluehost etc. You'll find that they are paying much higher.2) Design based product affiliate programs:-You'll find this relevant with your site if you're into this designing. You can add some affiliate stickers of 125x125 on your blog. Get paid for monthly pageviews or per sale of the products. You choose such programs that fits your blog. I can't suggest one or two but if you want list of hosting affiliate programs then i'll try to suggest it to you. For design and other affiliate programs commision junction offers quite good programs. Also there is clickbank and some other affiliate programs site where you can choose from products to promote.Adsense,adbrite and kontera are ad networks not afffiliate programs, so my this reply is focused on affiliate programs. If you want me to post about ad networks let me know, i'll point you to some good sites.

thank you all for your suggestions, please mahesh2k give me more details about ad network, but i hope you can show me the difference between the ads and network ads i really don't have an idea about that. i am still new in ad world , i was just stick in design world. and thank you very much about the ads that connecting to design , great idea. and very suitable to me. another favor please, what do you thing about amazon ads. i added ads for books. but i am not quite sure if that is a good choice. and also i saw a link in xisto for affiliate and seems that i activated it. but the funny thing is that i don't have an idea about what is happening.

As network and affiliate network both function differently. Ad networks have three of choices like CPC/CPM/CPA.

CPC- Cost per click, when your site gets visitor who clicks on ad,you'll get some cents or dollar. Google adsense and yahoo publisher network is CPC networks.

CPM- Cost per mile, this is like putting ads for particular impression (say 1000 and onwards). CPM rates are like 1$ per 1000 etc. You can see sites like valueclick, castle media as good CPM programs and they have various types of advertisers to post ads on their network.

Affiliate network and CPA- this is cost per action and you get paid when someone clicks and purchases from that link. This model is used by both ad network and affiliate network. Affiliate networks don't have cpa and cpc models.

Now if you want good ad networks the : Google Adsense, Yahoo publisher network (US/UK), Kontera, Infolinks, Obeyus, Adbrite are some of the good and reputable ad network. There are some other ad networks as well like buysellads.com but those are on demand ad networks and accept only limited publishers.

About Amazon ads: You have to be working with relevant content to make some good sales. They do have some good results. But i suggest making content highly relevant. Don't keep on changing the ads per page. If you have blog on books then make all amazon ads strictly on books(not a single one on other types like magazines). Going off the track can be one way to hurt sales. One more thing is other than amazon ads, you can try ebay and barnes and noble. Try everything that works on your site. You can put ads on sidebar if you think content are is too populated.

For Xisto affiliate link: You need to catch either opaque, nik_xisto or Buffalohelp. I'm sure you'll get that working in day or two.

There are a number of ways you can advertise your site throughout the Internet:(1) You can put the URL to your site in the signature of the posts you make on the various forums you visit.(2) Maybe, you could also advertise your site through the Facebook page, or even create a Facebook group for members / users of your site.(3) Other social networks could also be used to advertise your site, including Twitter, where you can follow others and hope that they also follow you, leading to more interest in your site.(4) You can invest in professional advertising in the different advertising agents and networks around, but this is not recommended since your site is not at a level that warrants such investment in professional advertising.(5) Finally, you could always advertise your site through email by sending the link to your site to family and friends, and asking them to forward it to their contacts. However, this is not a good idea as large chain emials are created and some may even be considered as spam junk emails.

There are a number of ways you can advertise your site throughout the Internet:
(1) You can put the URL to your site in the signature of the posts you make on the various forums you visit.

(2) Maybe, you could also advertise your site through the Facebook page, or even create a Facebook group for members / users of your site.

(3) Other social networks could also be used to advertise your site, including Twitter, where you can follow others and hope that they also follow you, leading to more interest in your site.

(4) You can invest in professional advertising in the different advertising agents and networks around, but this is not recommended since your site is not at a level that warrants such investment in professional advertising.

(5) Finally, you could always advertise your site through email by sending the link to your site to family and friends, and asking them to forward it to their contacts. However, this is not a good idea as large chain emials are created and some may even be considered as spam junk emails.

thanks for the suggestions. i found it very useful and i agree with you about the signture but i am still thinking of one suitable to me. i already sign up in social communities and face book. it is really a great way to publish my website. but i still thinking of advertising as you said before i didn't find it a good idea. any way thank you for your reply

As network and affiliate network both function differently. Ad networks have three of choices like CPC/CPM/CPA.

CPC- Cost per click, when your site gets visitor who clicks on ad,you'll get some cents or dollar. Google adsense and yahoo publisher network is CPC networks.

CPM- Cost per mile, this is like putting ads for particular impression (say 1000 and onwards). CPM rates are like 1$ per 1000 etc. You can see sites like valueclick, castle media as good CPM programs and they have various types of advertisers to post ads on their network.

Affiliate network and CPA- this is cost per action and you get paid when someone clicks and purchases from that link. This model is used by both ad network and affiliate network. Affiliate networks don't have cpa and cpc models.

Now if you want good ad networks the : Google Adsense, Yahoo publisher network (US/UK), Kontera, Infolinks, Obeyus, Adbrite are some of the good and reputable ad network. There are some other ad networks as well like buysellads.com but those are on demand ad networks and accept only limited publishers.

About Amazon ads: You have to be working with relevant content to make some good sales. They do have some good results. But i suggest making content highly relevant. Don't keep on changing the ads per page. If you have blog on books then make all amazon ads strictly on books(not a single one on other types like magazines). Going off the track can be one way to hurt sales. One more thing is other than amazon ads, you can try ebay and barnes and noble. Try everything that works on your site. You can put ads on sidebar if you think content are is too populated.

For Xisto affiliate link: You need to catch either opaque, nik_xisto or Buffalohelp. I'm sure you'll get that working in day or two.

thank you mahesh2k for your reply. i found it very useful. and it helps me to clear my mind and choose what is suitable to me. till now i just used amazon ads because it really connected to my post contents but i think the other choices is good also especially the designing ads. but i am still working on it. i thin; adsence is good also but my problem is the address. because i am now traveling and i don't know where i will be after six months so i can't give them a certain address. so what do you think can change the address after sign up or not? and does anyone had the same problem or it is just me?

This is giving me some ideas as well. Have you posted a topic about your own site here on trap? Like a What do you think of my site, or Review my Site. If people like what they see maybe they will stick around. I myself am going to be waiting until I have a really good idea before I start making my own website. Good luck with getting some traffic! :)

the Good and easyway for you to advertise your website is list it to 10000 directories and join to 10000 forums and makea sig with A href html tag into it and the best thing is make use of search engine xD I mean optimize it well and apply someor maybe as many as you can seo technique :( search engine power rules :) also you can use some social networking sites andsocial bookmarking :) also join in a chatroom for webmasters make friends with them and then let them go into yourwebsite when you are that friendly :D 100% guaranteed they will come back again and again into your website btw also writegood articles

This is giving me some ideas as well. Have you posted a topic about your own site here on trap? Like a What do you think of my site, or Review my Site. If people like what they see maybe they will stick around. I myself am going to be waiting until I have a really good idea before I start making my own website. Good luck with getting some traffic! :)

good idea thank you for your suggestion zagubadu, in fact i thought of that earler. but, i think it is against the rules here in this forums. so, please if i misunderstanding that and it is ok to ask the members for their viewpoint in my website just tell me. this is very important to me because i need to see my site from a professional eye. and members here are very suitable. so please reply if i could do that and under which section i can write the same topic.

Oh i missed tracking this thread. About your adsense paycheck address, you can contact the adsense support and ask them to change it for you. You can even change it from the settings. I prefer to ask them first then i can change the address manually. So i guess better to ask them about your residence address change then change it from the account. By the way, i suggest you to get a domain name as i have seen your site from your signature. It may sound odd for you but subdomain sites are less professional in opinion.

Oh i missed tracking this thread. About your adsense paycheck address, you can contact the adsense support and ask them to change it for you. You can even change it from the settings. I prefer to ask them first then i can change the address manually. So i guess better to ask them about your residence address change then change it from the account.
By the way, i suggest you to get a domain name as i have seen your site from your signature. It may sound odd for you but subdomain sites are less professional in opinion.

thank you for the information. now i can add adsense easily. i liked them a lot because these ads don't make my website hardly loads, but i have that problem. now i will think of add them.
about the domain name i had already a free one in co.cc i am thinking of add my website to it but sometimes i think it doesn't worth and i should stick with trap subdomain till i buy a one for me.
i really can't guess which is better?
stay in my subdomain here or transfer to co.cc
i am thinking to buy a domain but after i make sure that my website is known better
so, what do you think??
please give me suggestions everybody here. anything can help

If you want suggestion from me on this then i'll tell you to stick with .trap17.com domain but never ever try for .co.cc domain. Those domains kill traffic and efforts. better save some mycents and get yourself some money and buy domain. Why i'm saying this is because i've seen many sites going down because of this .co.cc domain. .Co.cc domain can reject you to give service anytime and you can't stop them cause they are free. Same is the case with .tk domain. Also note that these two free domain services are really bad when it comes to SEO. Better to stick with Xisto.com domain if you don't have money for .com/.net domain. If you want you can buy .info/and similar cheap domains which are good for SEO and you can use for your site at very low mycent cost. At the end, i'm saying that don't go for .co.cc and cz.cc or .tk domains.