xisto Community
livepcportal

A Banner & Logo That I Have Designed Take a look.....

Hello trappers! A belated merry christmas and happy new year to you all!! :D This is my first post of this year.. and after my boring exams :) . I missed Xisto a lot during this period of time. Meanwhile, I have designed a new banner and logo for my site DigYourPC.com and I thought that before using it on my site, sharing with you guys. I have designed it entirely by myself :( . So, what do you think of this banner and logo.. Share your views and all type of comments are welcome..

post-86771-1262521498_thumb.png

I think it is quite good! I am looking at it, and it just looks simple, which is good, my only complaint are the graphics to the left side, I am not quite sure what it says or what it is doing there, and I think it could either be removed or improved.Great job though, best of luck with your future designs and your website!

Hello trappers!
A belated merry christmas and happy new year to you all!! :D
This is my first post of this year.. and after my boring exams :) . I missed Xisto a lot during this period of time.
Meanwhile, I have designed a new banner and logo for my site DigYourPC.com and I thought that before using it on my site, sharing with you guys. I have designed it entirely by myself :( .

So, what do you think of this banner and logo..

Share your views and all type of comments are welcome..

Hi, i looked at your logo, and I will say that i liked it quite a bit. I agree with saying it looks simple and not over the top. As for the logo on the side, the three blocks on top of the circle. It also kinda looks like a badge or shield, something that shows you are proud of DiG pc. That is the impression it gives... I also suspect that when you make business cards your logo will stand out a bit more thanks to the shield on the left, So do not remove the shield. It rocks!

However, there is one thing about your entire logo i don't like. It is the shade of green you are using, It seems to make your logo look dull, perhaps a brighter more limy green would look better. Im no expert a graphic design so take my advice with a pinch of salt.

I think it is quite good! I am looking at it, and it just looks simple, which is good, my only complaint are the graphics to the left side, I am not quite sure what it says or what it is doing there, and I think it could either be removed or improved.
Great job though, best of luck with your future designs and your website!

The graphics you are seeing on the left side is my attempt to create logo for my site. Notice it carefully and you will be able to read the name dig pc in it.
I agree that I am not good at graphics but this is only that I can made.
So, have you got any idea or something that can help me in making it look a lot more better?
Suggestions are still welcome! :)

i love your banner. i wish i was as creative for my own sites. what i don't like is unnecessary words in graphics. if it was me, i would stick with the logo and write out the words in your html editor of choice. but that's just me who always tries to look at the advantages of seo and getting my site and the keywords i write recognized by the search engines.

btw- i went to your site and it is breaking the adsense terms of service. if i were you, i would limit your ad slots to 3. but if you want to risk it, who am i to tell you otherwise.

Hello trappers!
A belated merry christmas and happy new year to you all!! :D
This is my first post of this year.. and after my boring exams :) . I missed Xisto a lot during this period of time.
Meanwhile, I have designed a new banner and logo for my site DigYourPC.com and I thought that before using it on my site, sharing with you guys. I have designed it entirely by myself :( .

So, what do you think of this banner and logo..

Share your views and all type of comments are welcome..

good call. also you have three home page links pointing to different pages. you have an html HOME page, a php HOME page(the home links on the top and bottom of the page). also, when you just enter your domain, it shows up slightly different than your index.php page for some reason. the obvious difference is the extra google adsense block on the bottom of your home page that isn't there on any of your other pages. i already suggested eliminating that per adsense rules since you have your 3 in your last column working for you and since you are only allowed 3. i know this had nothing to do with your banner or logo but thought you would like to know...

Great logo. But, just want to let you know that "Its all about PC" is mis-spelled. It should be "It's all about PC". But, other than that, she looks good.

I've got a few words about the fonts too. The P and C letters seem a bit low quality, and they could be reduced and go in the same line as the rest of the text. Also, the 'its all about PC' text can be transfered a bit more down and changed into 'its all about PCs' or 'its all about your pc'. But I just checked your website and must say, goood work with it. Although this logo will seem better on it (my opinion).

The logo is nice, but it's all built up with fonts. Maybe doing something original like a logo object would help. Well looking at the website, it overall fits the structure and layout of the page. So keep the good work. Maybe you should reconsider it over time. I always do improvements to my site over time, because of new trends and lots of stuff coming new everyday.

@anwii

I don't want to break any adsense rule, it is just my silly mistake. I don't want my adsense account get banned when I have already got over $1. I know it is not a big amount but still after all I have earned it in a single click!! Actually, I earlier thought that we are allowed to have maximum of 3 ad units and maximum of 3 link units on a same webpage. So, I put that link unit at the bottom of the page. But, maybe I haven't understand the rule correctly!

So, please tell me again, if I am wrong and breaking the law, I will remove the link unit at the bottom of the page. Here is the adsense rule from the official adsense site:

AdSense for content: Up to three ad units and three link units may be placed on each page.

Also, I will check the broken links on my site and will try to fix the links with in two days. Thanks anwii for bringing the broken links into my notice and visiting my site. I am current working on new design and this time I will be using joomla. I have plans of launching 7 sites within two years and have already selected the domain names for them.....

Now, coming to the banner I have made few changes in the banner and logo.

Here is the new one

post-86771-1263303521_thumb.png

Hope it looks more better than earlier. Any suggestion or comment?

The logo seems to be nice....A bit more practice can really transform you into a great designer. I would say you should start reading PS tutorials and try practicing as much as you can.These are not only helpful in increasing your skills but will give you help in increasing your imagination power.....Hope you'll find my opinion helpful.Thank you