xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SaraInWasteland

What Do You Do For A Living?

I'm always interested in hearing what people do for a living. Some people have very interesting jobs or careers, plus I love hearing about it because it helps me understand what sort of opportunities are out there for me and how vast the possibilities are. Currently I'm a waitress, but I certainly don't plan on doing this all my life. What do you do for a living?

why? is there something better than that? waitressing is actually a kind of cool job for some because you get to meet so many different people and every day is different because of it. unless you live in a really small town and the same people come in at the same exact times every day...then it's kinda redundant but still a sense of a family atmosphere. it's not really what one does for a living, it's how they do it.

just curious, is your sig making fun of the homeless? :)

Currently I'm a waitress, but I certainly don't plan on doing this all my life.

Well me, for living, i am a professional fun haver, and a hussle, the end LOLok no, i do not work, i go to school, so i guess i do not do anything for a living..i wish i was paid to be online though.. iwould probably have enough money to retire by now

just curious, is your sig making fun of the homeless? :)

I don't think the signature is about the homeless. I think it's conveying that people who
aren't quite normal and predictable are often the most interesting.

Hi!@SaraInWastelandI develop software for a living. Although it started off to be quite fun, it is not. Well, actually it depends on the kind of environment within which you work that really matters - it decides whether your day is joy-filled or if it sucks the life out of you or drives you insane.@anwiiI believe the sig is about thinking out of the box and being different, creating a new style or technique.

Technically I suppose I would be considered a farmer. We have a herd of meat and dairy goats. Chickens and rabbits too, but those are mostly for our own personal use, though if my chickens keep on the way they have been laying eggs, I may find myself sitting on a street corner peddling eggs. My main job is raising pet pups. It is a huge undertaking, and a LOT of hard work, both physical and mental. You need a vast amount of knowledge and experience to properly care for dogs. You have to know about nutrition, heatlh, genetics, grooming, construction, maintence, rules and regulations, including airline and government regulations, and although direct contact with humans is somewhat limited, you still need to sell pups, so you have to be a people person too and talk to and answer millions of questions about dogs to prospective customers. I have also had to learn about computers, much to my dismay, as that is the way to maket in this day and age. If you do it right, it is not an easy job. But there are a lot of good things about it. When you hear back from people you have sold pups to in the past and they tell you what a wonderful dog they have, it sure can make you proud.

I?m a software developer and also work as bike maker partime.Right now I?m not able to work due to a big fall last July when I broke both wrists (yea very bad for golfing ). I hope to recover after another operation next mounth.

Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)