xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

New Template Design For Gfxtrap.com

The design is looking good. There are a few spacing and padding issues in Konqueror that I'm taking a look at - hopefully they're fairly simple fixes.I agree that the buttons on the left hand side probably need a little more to make them stand out a bit more. If we could find 3 colours that work well with the background and the orange then we could use one each of those colours for the buttons, although that could look a bit too busy and cluttered.

How about.. for the left tabs, put like an inverting blue gradient? and in the attatched gfxtrap zip, I haven't gotten a chance to look at the code so I am not sure, but are you using images for the bars that I made in photoshop, or just css.

There are a few spacing and padding issues in Konqueror that I'm taking a look at - hopefully they're fairly simple fixes.

I see what you mean. I wonder if it is due to features not implemented (Konqueror still hasn't passed the Acid 3 test). Would you happen to know if Konqueror has their own comment hacks or similar like IE? Increasing the margin should fix it, but Firefox, Chrome and Opera (still haven't checked IE) display them fine, and i don't want these browsers to show that much of a margin.

How about.. for the left tabs, put like an inverting blue gradient?

Hmm, i haven't thought about inverting the color, but i'll try it out.

... but are you using images for the bars that I made in photoshop, or just css.

I used CSS (border-bottom), since it is quicker and requires less work, though i could have probably used horizontal rules and applied a background to them (since they provide their own shade), but i also added a dark, fading, gradient background to the same elements.

I see what you mean. I wonder if it is due to features not implemented (Konqueror still hasn't passed the Acid 3 test). Would you happen to know if Konqueror has their own comment hacks or similar like IE? Increasing the margin should fix it, but Firefox, Chrome and Opera (still haven't checked IE) display them fine, and i don't want these browsers to show that much of a margin.

Only IE seems to have conditional comments, from what I am aware of and have researched. I've found two methods for conditional CSS in Konqueror, linked below, but neither of them are ideal and seem a bit 'hacky', even compared to conditional CSS comments.

http://rafael.adm.br/css_browser_selector/
http://www.conditional-css.com/

My school week ends today so I can do some more work and talk a bit more.what i was thinking for the graphical parts I added like at the top of each box that orange bar, is that in the css y ou have like a repeating center part and a left and right image for the left and right side.

Holy Jebus you guys have been busy! I go away for a week and fire all my secretaries come back to Xisto and you guys are almost done? I tell ya you guys don't need me :D

Sorry folks. Xisto graphics RSS FEED is

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This feed currently includes forums from SOTW showoff, SOTW gift, SOTW, Request free sig or banner, Tutorials, Template/Theme, 3D/Large Pieces, and Questions/Requests.

IPBoard's RSS feed is selectable and can be modified at your discretion. Let me know if anything else should be added or subtracted.

I just checked to see if I still had access to GFXTrap cpanel and I still do. So whenever you guys are ready I can start uploading and/or establishing database. I will also grant FTP login(s) so that you can collaborate even when I am not here.

PS, if possible design sitemap page so that we do not lose incoming traffic to 403 or 404. This page http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ has our banner or link exchange information. If you can design several today's popular banners so we can share links.

Thanks guys! You have been great at keeping things going. :)

Xisto graphics RSS FEED is
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This feed currently includes forums from SOTW showoff, SOTW gift, SOTW, Request free sig or banner, Tutorials, Template/Theme, 3D/Large Pieces, and Questions/Requests.

IPBoard's RSS feed is selectable and can be modified at your discretion. Let me know if anything else should be added or subtracted.

The RSS feed is too general to implement concerning the current rough draft. For the current rough draft, we just need the following forums: GFXTrap.com Updates, Sigs::Showoff, and Sigs::SOTW.

This is sad... it feels like I haven't done anything at all. :D Apart from giving my criticism. Anyway... keep up to good work, and if anyone needs graphics from me, let me know!!! :)Cheers

we just need the following forums: GFXTrap.com Updates, Sigs::Showoff, and Sigs::SOTW.

These three are now the only feed for RSS. To save forum server's resources RSS will be updated every 360 minutes. The next update will be in 5 hours or so. I also have set so that the 20 latest topics are being fed.

These three are now the only feed for RSS. To save forum server's resources RSS will be updated every 360 minutes. The next update will be in 5 hours or so. I also have set so that the 20 latest topics are being fed.

How do i access each of them separately? Filtering the topic titles will leave empty sections.
No more than 5 entires for each should be enough, though.

I'm sorry.I didn't know you wanted to separate to each forum section.I will create additional RSS feed, taking each forum per RSS feed. I will get back to you. I want to make sure this too is alright with OpaQue. I don't want to overload forum's server.

Woah! Progress has come to a halt! Lets try to kick things up again!Lets write a list of what we need to do and what has been done. I think the previous template that we were working on, and had partially coded would be great, we just need to finish it.Anybody willing to post a sit-rep? If nobody does, I'll find time out of my day to try to post one, though I am quite busy.Common guys lets get this done!

The latest version of the code was posted here.

I will also endeavour to keep the latest version live on the 'net for everyone to see at this address: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I'm still looking at the issues in Konqueror - they seem to be due to some margin/padding issues that I haven't quite worked out without screwing up other browsers. I think we're waiting on BH to come up with the RSS feeds we need to generate the content, after which we can work on some PHP code to parse them into a useful form to display on the site.

Ok, the second link you supplied is the link to the GFXTrap example website... What I am wondering is.. Could you actually use the images from the template? Like have a center repeat, a left edge and a right edge? I think that might help the alignment possibly.What do you think?

Which images are you referring to? As far as I'm aware it looks as it should, and all the required images (just three) are uploaded and working. It seems unnecessary to add other images for the rounded corners etc. when they are done using CSS. It's possible it's a problem with Konqueror's HTML rendering, but it's generally pretty good at following the standards.

For interest, I've set the example site running through BrowserShots just to see if there are any other issues we need to address: http://browsershots.org/http:/www.rvalkask/gfxtrap-demo/