xisto Community
filmdesire

That Word, Newbie.

Greetings everyone, and a good morning to UK Members , I myself had no sleep puzzling over the host at x10hosting.com. They were offering great services with slow severs and three-a-day downtime, mysql failures AND with ftp issues. I am still with them, but will be switching as soon as I make enough mycents!

I'm a film student and enthusiast in the UK, starting to write reviews - so I needed a site to create online journals, and practise my web-design skills...

So far, I haven't even got something that says MYcents on my profile, so Im a bit concerned, I signed up at the billing site too. Just waiting...

Do check out what I'm working on, mind the div in the top left corner (it's experimental) :P

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

(It may be down depending on my damn host Ź_Ź)

Edited by filmdesire (see edit history)

how ya doin'! welcome to trap! i hope you used the same email address at the billing site as you did trap. wait until you have 5 posts under your belt and then you will be on the way in seeing your mycents. good to see some new blood in here. it's a pretty great place and let me tell ya....you wont have the problems you had at x10hosting here. i am pretty picky myself. sounded like a god awefiull experience over there when ya need something and they can't perform.

if ya have any questions, pm me or post 'm. trap doesn' just offer good hosting credits, but also offers a great community....hope to see ya around!

Greetings everyone, and a good morning to UK Members , I myself had no sleep puzzling over the host at x10hosting.com. They were offering great services with slow severs and three-a-day downtime, mysql failures AND with ftp issues. I am still with them, but will be switching as soon as I make enough mycents!
I'm a film student and enthusiast in the UK, starting to write reviews - so I needed a site to create online journals, and practise my web-design skills...

So far, I haven't even got something that says MYcents on my profile, so Im a bit concerned, I signed up at the billing site too. Just waiting...

Do check out what I'm working on, mind the div in the top left corner (it's experimental) :P

how ya doin'! welcome to trap! i hope you used the same email address at the billing site as you did trap. wait until you have 5 posts under your belt and then you will be on the way in seeing your mycents. good to see some new blood in here. it's a pretty great place and let me tell ya....you wont have the problems you had at x10hosting here. i am pretty picky myself. sounded like a god awefiull experience over there when ya need something and they can't perform.
if ya have any questions, pm me or post 'm. trap doesn' just offer good hosting credits, but also offers a great community....hope to see ya around!

Thanks Anwii!! I sure will! Can't wait to get started,

Will be sure to pm you first on any issues I come across :P

Have a nice day,
Jay

EDIT: Oh and btw, I did use the same email address, that is all I have to do right?
Edited by filmdesire (see edit history)

Ah, see those numbers in red now? You have your myCENTs! Now you can start your journey to get your free web hosting without ads and failure :DWe'll be waiting for your site showcase on the forum then :P Oh, don't forget to read the forum rules now. You'll need that :P

They've now appeared on your account. As other members have mentioned they only show up after you've made 5 posts in sections that award myCENTs, which you've now done. Keep making posts and when you have 100 myCENTs they'll get converted to $1 and added to your billing account so you can buy hosting and domains! :P

Do check out what I'm working on, mind the div in the top left corner (it's experimental) :D

I got one page to load achingly slowly, decided to not bother waiting for another page to load :P

EDIT: Oh and btw, I did use the same email address, that is all I have to do right?

Yeah. The system works by matching email addresses on the forums and with billing accounts. So, if you've used the same email address for your forum account and billing account then they'll be linked. However there is a bug if you ever want to change your email address - changing it in both won't work, you'll need to send a message to support and ask them to change it.

System is just started crediting you with Mycents.You can see in the profile box at the left next to your post. Once you reach 100mycents you'll get credited in Xisto - Support.com/billing account. Also you'll get one email about the credit you have got. Have fun posting here on Xisto.

Ah, see those numbers in red now? You have your myCENTs! Now you can start your journey to get your free web hosting without ads and failure :DWe'll be waiting for your site showcase on the forum then :D

Oh, don't forget to read the forum rules now. You'll need that :P

YAY I see it! Wow that's pretty cool, I've only made 5 posts...

I was wondering, I like to write reviews on films and articles on filmmaking. Is there anyway I can actually copy and paste MY OWN reviews on a movie topic? Will that be cheating, because it is my work, therefore it isn't copyright?

Just a thought, because I'd like to share my views with other film-enthusiasts!

Thanks for all your replies!!! This is a huge forum, and i've already found plenty of interesting topics I'd like to get involved with!

:P

Welcome to Trap 17!!!! I am new to but I know somethings. Try not to curse because that will get you a warning. Also try to post things over 25 words. Just two things to get you started! Very nice website you have by the way! Some things were broken though. Also it is a little claustrophobic in your website. Try spreading out the layout or making sections! I still think it is very nice though! Welcome again to Trap 17! Bon Appetit!

copying something you have already written is ok, as long as YOU wrote it. but don't try copying anything that is already on the internet were internet users already have access to it because the mods and certain other users will know and report the post. what will then happen is your post will be edited by a moderator....either through qoute tags or possibly deleted, and you will lose a lot of mycents that you originally gained from that post. you will also recieve a warning. if you continue as some users to copy content that is already on the internet or published elsewhere, you might get your account suspended. i don't want to see that happening. so read the rules and just use common sense. i feel people don't even need to read the rules if they have a little common sense. so no, you can't copy and paste even if it's your own work....but....you can rewrite pretty much anything and post it.

i personally only post original content just to be on the safe side. i am not mycent hungry and my mycents seem to add up quite well gradually. you're mycents have already kicked in. a few more posts, and you will have enough for some hosting here.

YAY I see it! Wow that's pretty cool, I've only made 5 posts...
I was wondering, I like to write reviews on films and articles on filmmaking. Is there anyway I can actually copy and paste MY OWN reviews on a movie topic? Will that be cheating, because it is my work, therefore it isn't copyright?

Just a thought, because I'd like to share my views with other film-enthusiasts!

Thanks for all your replies!!! This is a huge forum, and i've already found plenty of interesting topics I'd like to get involved with!

:P

Hey,

I'm pretty new here too(well, it shows up that I joined in May, but I've been doing a lot around here anyway). I looked at your site. Pretty good. It would be nice if you spaced out your site, as #armynavy123 mentioned. I posted a test comment on page "test 7" (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/). You CSS is a bit messy off to the side, as "PAGES" is slightly cut off. There's also a lot of white space behind the main navigation tools, so you might want to fix something there, too. You might want to edit the "about" page, because it lists:

This is an example of a WordPress page, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from. You can create as many pages like this one or sub-pages as you like and manage all of your content inside of WordPress.

You probably want to take that off. Nothing looks more unprofessional than setup information on the page. Just give a little summary of your site on the about page. Actually, list that on your homepage. I didn't really know what the site was about until I read through some of it. Remove your test pages, too. They look pretty dumb. On your film review pages, try to list more information per page. I shouldn't have to click each "Page 1", "Page 2", "Page 3", ect buttons. Give your homepage logo a little more flare. That'll definately make your site a little more professional. If you don't have much experience with photoshop, can't pay too much money for logos, or just don't have time, go to logoease.com. They provide a pretty decent logo service, that provides you with a gratifying logo.

Just a few tips. Keep up the good work. I may have generated quite a list, but it's called "constructive critisism". :P

Have fun earning myCENTS! They really have a neat program going on here.

Sincerely,

Thejode

P.S I now realize I have become off-topic by reviewing your website. Ah, a little extra credit never hurts.

Hey,

I'm pretty new here too(well, it shows up that I joined in May, but I've been doing a lot around here anyway). I looked at your site. Pretty good. It would be nice if you spaced out your site, as #armynavy123 mentioned. I posted a test comment on page "test 7" (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/). You CSS is a bit messy off to the side, as "PAGES" is slightly cut off. There's also a lot of white space behind the main navigation tools, so you might want to fix something there, too. You might want to edit the "about" page, because it lists:

This is an example of a WordPress page, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from. You can create as many pages like this one or sub-pages as you like and manage all of your content inside of WordPress.

You probably want to take that off. Nothing looks more unprofessional than setup information on the page. Just give a little summary of your site on the about page. Actually, list that on your homepage. I didn't really know what the site was about until I read through some of it. Remove your test pages, too. They look pretty dumb. On your film review pages, try to list more information per page. I shouldn't have to click each "Page 1", "Page 2", "Page 3", ect buttons. Give your homepage logo a little more flare. That'll definately make your site a little more professional. If you don't have much experience with photoshop, can't pay too much money for logos, or just don't have time, go to logoease.com. They provide a pretty decent logo service, that provides you with a gratifying logo.

Just a few tips. Keep up the good work. I may have generated quite a list, but it's called "constructive critisism". :P

Have fun earning myCENTS! They really have a neat program going on here.

Sincerely,

Thejode

P.S I now realize I have become off-topic by reviewing your website. Ah, a little extra credit never hurts.

Thanks for taking the time to take a look at what i've got :D.

I really enjoy taking on board criticism, i'm still working on the site, mayeb I should work with it on my server meanwhile - But hey it's an old host so Im just working on it at the moment.

Im going to take on board pretty much all of that,

But i dont understand what you mean by the fact that the 'PAGES is slightly cut off' ? I will be putting up a logo soon, so watch out :P

Appreciate your list! Thanks once again for taking the time!

Regards,

Jay

not only off topic, armynavy wasn't introducing himself. it was FILMDESIRE

a little extra credit never hurts, but please post in the appropriate topics. that's what they are there for.

P.S I now realize I have become off-topic by reviewing your website. Ah, a little extra credit never hurts.[/size]