xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
retry56

Wooden Car Cost $40,000

Forget for a moment the car metal and carbon fiber or a blend of both. This Japanese cars are made by Sada Kenbi out of wood, which is named Maniwa. This wooden car sold for $ 44,000 USD.

This particular wooden cars made by the craftsmen of wood and can be driven legally on public roads in Japan and can reach speeds of up to 80km/jam. :D nice :P

Steering systems are made as a motorcycle handlebar, the side door can be opened up even fitted with stereo Hasa. Just like Lamborghini .lol. :D Front seat only one for the driver and two wooden chairs in the back for two passengers.

Posted Image

The doors look like the Lamborghini's :D

Posted Image

the Inside,, hmm looks like ......

Posted Image

awesome :D

Posted Image

still using real whell,, not wooden wheel :D

What's your comment ,, :P

Wow looks like they have done a grand job on that, I am not surprised it cost $40,000. But I really would go for something a little faster and modern should I say. I very unique post there I must say.

Wow thats some Kind of Craftsmenship thereThat car Looks totally awesomeWHen you say It can be driven legally in japan, does that mean it cant be driven anywhere else legally?Does a car really need to get clarification to be driven?Again, i LOVE the 3rd picture that back looks nice, lets hope the driver doesnt get any splinters while driving, and the passengers while sitting. Nice opening of the doorsAlso the seat looks like its a bit too far away from teh handle, im sure its adjustable thoguhbut looks like even while closed, it should be a short jump to get in44 000 just for wood and 80 KM/h is a bit absurd, but i bet driving this around town will get you more attention than a lamborghini solely because its unique

like you dont know japan,, they create something that is impossible,, lol..but i dont know about the suspension,, probably they get messed when jumped into some holes :P

Yeah you can trust the asians to come up with something uniqueAs usualy lolNot everything is wooden thoguh1. Tires ( imagine wooden tires lol )2. Steering3. Mirrors4. Glass in front of SteeringGears etc...I just noticed, look at the first picture, the front tyres cant be seen, now THAT looks awesome, its looks very low to the ground which looks like a good hydraulic system, it looks very niceDo you have any other article of this, id like to read more about teh creators how they created it etc...Thanks

Hi!The wooden car is amazing.@Ridwan SameerThe price on the car is not for its speed but for the craftsmanship. There are some vehicles out there that are not street legal but they are still sold for exorbitant prices because somebody somewhere wants to own a unique work of engineering and art. Compare them to vintage cars, for example. Those cars neither get good mileage, nor are they easy to maintain due to the unavailability of spare parts but you still have collectors buying the cars at huge prices.@retry56Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by the text in your signature image - "Are Ubuntu"?

Wow, nice thing to get attention(unless you have nothing to do in life) to people and girls. But why is the price so high?? Is it because wood is expensive or because it is hand made and human cost is high?.I'd prefer one like this for spare time, to ride quietly and get some attention. :P

Wow, nice thing to get attention(unless you have nothing to do in life) to people and girls. But why is the price so high?? Is it because wood is expensive or because it is hand made and human cost is high?.
I'd prefer one like this for spare time, to ride quietly and get some attention. :P

I guess the price is high because it's not mass produced. If it were on an assembly line, then
they would be much cheaper. I'd be more impressed if the engine were made out of wood really.lol.
Edited by networker (see edit history)

Yeah you can trust the asians to come up with something unique
As usualy lol

Not everything is wooden thoguh

1. Tires ( imagine wooden tires lol )
2. Steering
3. Mirrors
4. Glass in front of Steering

Gears etc...

I just noticed, look at the first picture, the front tyres cant be seen, now THAT looks awesome, its looks very low to the ground which looks like a good hydraulic system, it looks very nice

Do you have any other article of this, id like to read more about teh creators how they created it etc...

Thanks

http://www.sadakenbi.com/maniwa.html <<
that's the creator website,, probably you wanna see more picture about this car :P
but,, its in japan,, you can try google traslate :P

haha that's pretty neat. good call in finding that info. i wouldn't be seen driving 80 pmh in that thing though. you never know what termites can do to that thing :P. i wonder if jay leno is going to buy one to add to his collection.

I guess the price is high because it's not mass produced. If it were on an assembly line, then they would be much cheaper. I'd be more impressed if the engine were made out of wood really.lol.

Hi!Doesn't the car remind you of horse-driven carriages? Those were cheap, eco-friendly means of transportation. With the kind of roads built today, horse-driven carriages (or carriages driven by any of the other animals that pull carts) would actually be a lot more comfortable today.BTW, if you were to go to Bengal (in the East of India), you would still see three-wheeled cycles that had a rider sitting on the front and two (or perhaps even three) passengers on the back. A flat-bed version of the cycle exists that can transport about six passengers, which makes it seven people on a single three-wheeled human-powered vehicle!@networkerIt isn't possible to make an engine out of wood, though it is possible to make fuel out of wood ;-)

I always wondered how people are patient enough for art like this. I kinda lost my patience for such artistic stuff. I do sketch some times. But designing such wooden card or fish in the bottle is something that always made me wonder.

Especially ship in the bottle is what made me more surprised. How they do that ?

Posted Image

Forget for a moment the car metal and carbon fiber or a blend of both. This Japanese cars are made by Sada Kenbi out of wood, which is named Maniwa. This wooden car sold for $ 44,000 USD.

This particular wooden cars made by the craftsmen of wood and can be driven legally on public roads in Japan and can reach speeds of up to 80km/jam. :D nice :P

Steering systems are made as a motorcycle handlebar, the side door can be opened up even fitted with stereo Hasa. Just like Lamborghini .lol. :D Front seat only one for the driver and two wooden chairs in the back for two passengers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

still using real whell,, not wooden wheel :P

What's your comment ,, :D

That thing looks like a flintstones car from the outside. Myself, I would'nt purchase a wooden car. I prefer solid metal, as probably the majority of us on the board do. 88Km/h is impressive for wood, but I bet it gets an C- in safety. Just look at it! Wooden cars are probably not the safest rides to smash up in a demolition derby. If I saw this thing in a parking lot, I would definately take a picture of it. Hopefully the wood's pressure treated, or it'll collapse while you're riding on the highway :D . Anyway, we're still pretty far from wooden lamborgini's, but the person who designed this car has an awful lot of patience to build something as crafted as this. I applaud whoever made it. Maybe soon enough, we'll see wooden subways. Ah, that'll be the day.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

still using real whell,, not wooden wheel :P

What's your comment ,, :D

I can see myself in it already :D