xisto Community
contactskn

Being A House Wife Is More Difficult Than Going For Job.

House Making  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dear friends what is your experience and view on this topic. I think being a house wife is more complex and tedious work than just attending a job in any company or so and letting some other to look after your family child and house. The term which is used now a days, that is “House Making” is very correct when used for house wives. The complexity in any work indulges where ever the concept of morality and emotionality comes in along the work done by you. And being a house maker indulges the concept of morality and emotionality as the house wife is more attached with the work done at house as the work done by her is attached with the well being and future of her husband, children and other members of the family. Here I am not saying that the working women are doing less important work or so, not at all, but here I would like to state the importance of the work of house wives which is often neglected. Now a days many women who are very educated are opting house making and not going for any job or so. And this decision by them is not a forceful one but their own decision for the betterment and good care of their family.

Edited by contactskn (see edit history)

For some women their only ambition is to be a house maker and that is totally fair enough. Likewise some woman are steered towards career goals and thats OK too. I think this a long held debate where people often believe house makers are often unappreciated which i tend to agree with. I have seen some T.V programs that demonstrate what house makers skills are worth when tending to a home with say 2-3 children and a husband during a week . It concluded that although the weekly wage would be slightly lower than the typical average wage, it wasn't far off. I could imagine it becomes a real drag for some, generally there is not much opportunity for recognized achievements and in many instances no appreciation for their efforts.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

at this rate, i have to say "No, its same as doing a job." :othat is, if we're talking about a woman who dedicated her self for "house wiving" and not taking any "other job". it's not that i don't appreciate them, but i've seen enough "bad house wives" who can only broke their home and children. it's true that house making like you say is very important for the family members' future, but hey, if you see those bad ones, will you say "OUT!", no? :Dthe same with other job, they're important too for the future (the future of the businesses and the jobs, that is), but if someone found to be useless, the big boss will say "YOU'RE FIRED!", yes? :)any job that done with full ambition and intention will result to awesome, otherwise they will broke whatever in their hand. so i would like to say to the woman, if you can't be a good house wife, just be a career woman. i appreciate both of it, just make sure it suits you well :D

I wouldn't say it was more difficult, but it certainly is underrated and definatly under paid! As a housewife, (and please, lets not start this politicly correct garbage and changing the title to house maker) you don't have a boss standing over your shoulder all day telling you what to do and not do at any given moment. Unless you happen to be married to some dip stick that comes home and runs his finger over the top of the door to make sure you dusted there. I do worry about future generations who are not raised up in a stable, loving home. Children learn what they are exposed to and for good or bad, they acccept it as the "norm." It would be so much better for society in general if parenting was to be left to the parents and not interfered with by the government. A stay at home mom has the oppertunity to give that stability to her family.

Hi!I think being a house wife is a lot of hard work, but it is not as much hard work as a career woman who has to maintain a work-life balance. In many societies, women who take up a full-time job do not get relieved of their household responsibilities. They are expected to cook breakfast, pack the kids' lunches, get the kids dressed and sent to school, set off for work, return from work and cook dinner, help the kids with their homework, and take care of the laundry and house keeping. There are women who hire a maid and leave all of the household responsibilities and babysitting to the maid, but not all women delegate all of their household responsibilities to the maid.On the other hand, there are home makers who hire a maid to take care of some of their household responsibilities so the extra pair of hands that they get from from domestic helpers definitely makes their jobs a whole lot easier.However, I do agree with some of the posts above that mention that being a home maker is wayyy under-rated and is an un-paid job in terms of monetary emoluments. It is, however, a rewarding job to take care of the kids, the husband, and the pets. If any of them would add a couple of "Thank you"s in the day, that would be the icing on top.

When considering a typical office job, a person only performs his job. There are group leaders, managers to handle the process of the job. Whereas a housewife has to perform and manage a job. So, its definitely more work for being a housewife than a typical office job.

it depends on the house wife. are there kids? no kids? kids would definately make it harder to be a housewife compared to a full time job in my opinion BUT! usually, a housewife will enjoy being a housewife more because there is more of a personal purpose for it. at the same time, some people get married for companionship more than any dedicated love so for those, maybe a fulltime job would be easier. but it really depends on the circumstances because after coming home, you will still have the household duties you share with your husband and/or kids. being a housewife also isn't about working 9-5. sometimes it's a 24-7 job. i do believe in women's lib to some extent and i think it just all boils down to the person whether being a housewife is easier even when the fact still remains even today that the woman has it harder in the workplace than a man....just like any other minority....although it's getting easier over time...