xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
loc

Guild Wars Do any of you play Guild Wars?

well i've never heard of this game before which console is it on? its sounds like an <a  style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=online%20game; onmouseover="window.status='online game'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">online game</a> to me but i could be wrong.

49126[/snapback]

It's on the computer I have personally never played it I have seen screen shots and i've seen other people play it. One of my friends in my fourth block class was telling me about it and he was it is one of the best games he has played and it's really sweet. So I think im gonna check it out because I do like games like this.

Ok first post here so treat me kindly :rolleyes:I havn't actually played Guild Wars yet but I have been considering buying a copy. I currently play Everquest 1 and have no intentions of giving that up (Am in a Tacvi raiding guild if you know the game) but have been thinking of starting a different game, preferably not subscriber (ie paying for it) based to play when I can't be bothered with EQ.I have heard that once you get to the higher levels of the game there starts to be a lack of things you can do outside of PvP. While I understand that it is a PvP game in esence I do enjoy doing quests and groups with other players...which leads me to the second question... How is the whole levelling grouping thing setup as I have heard that grouping is essentially impossible as once you leave the PvP areas you are effectivly in an instanced part of the game and don't have any interaction with other PC's...Could someone confirm or deny the rumours for me please? :lol:

One of my friends plays Guild Wars. The beta was released a while back, and it seemed to be a good game when I played it. The graphics are well done, but I've never tried the final release. You can find out more on their website here: https://www.guildwars.com/en/

Heh, this is a Personal Computer game. I own it. You can buy it for $50.00. I had the beta but my computer was so slow at the time I wasn't able to do anything. The graphics in this game are beautiful. When you start out there are waterfalls and a river and the place looks wonderful. This game is only online, but online is free so no worries...unless you have dial up and only one phone line >_<.The RPG partYou start out and must choose your characters profession. They professions are somewhat similar to Diablo's. A few examples are Necromancer, Warrior, Ranger and Elementist(I think). When you start off you will go around and do quests for people, get new skills and fight monsters/creatures. After a few quests you will be asked to choose your second profession. So now you could be like a Necro/Warrior. You will be able to get skills from both professions. Once you have had enough of all that or you have finished all the quests you go talk to Sir Tydus and you go with him somewhere I don't exactly know yet, but I have been told it only gets better after that.The PvP partyou can also create a PvP character which you would use to fight other players. Hence the name Player verse Player. I don't know too much about this because I haven't created a PvP character yet.I recommend you all buy this game. :D

Ive seen this game advertised everywhere, but never had a look at it. Is it based on another game? Is it a sequel to something?To be honest, Im getting a little tired of those typical Dungeons and Dragons type RPG. Why dont they come up with something a bit interesting.Bring back the days of Fallout and Arcanum!..... i say

guildwars is quite cool`someone is already distributing it here locally and i plan to get one too~characters look cool and i like the RPG side of the game~

hmm guildwars..Although it may not be good MMORPG, it still is a great game nonetheless. One must remember that the developers of Guild Wars never intended it to be your standard MMORPG. In fact they don?t even call it a MMORPG the developers are pushing it as a Competitive Online RPG. It is a game where players engage in cooperative group combat in missions or in guild battles. Another good thing for this game was its visuals. The graphics were amazing. Having played in the World of Warcraft stress test, I find Guild War?s graphics to be better. The models seem to have a higher polygon count and even playing with the graphics quality set on low it was still beautiful. As for the content, the missions were pretty good making you want to play more and finish the storyline. People who?ve finished the missions had a lot to do since the guild versus guild was very fun and relies much on strategy~

Here's what I know of Guild Wars:+ Great graphics+ PVP within guild is fun+ aren't too many level imbalances+ No subscription - which is very good- PVP all the time? Meh :/- You can only get to level 20- Not very much to do when you get tired of PVPHowever, I only know this from about thiry minutes of gameplay. I'm too devoted to World of Warcraft to really turn away to another game. I mean, for one, I don't pay a penny because I share an account with my brothers (which is hella annoying) and I'm doing some high end content that you just can't find in Guild Wars. Plus, Blizzard being a bigger company, has more experience with games in general and they can shell this stuff out with expertise. Although their customer service needs a bunch of work.Also, my friend used to play Guild Wars but he turned to WoW part way through the game. I only know a few people who want to concentrate on solely PVPing in games and those are the people that get bored fastest :/

i guess thats good for you since youw ont have to pay the fees for WOW.id like to try wow, but unless someone makes up a server around here i dont think ill abe able to pay for the fees w/c are quite high T_Ti gues GW will be updating themselves with more quests, siince there are some guys who do the quest and roleplaying part more than the pvp side

Every 9 or so months Guild Wars plans to release an expansion that increases max level and skills, adding new PvP options and classes. Helps when your dad works at arenanet, hehe -_- The only problem with Guild Wars PvP, is the person per game limit, i mean 8 people per team isnt enough, should be like 15 or 20 (could you imagine that?)Anyway, im level 20 and have finished the game PM me in-game as Healer Say What, or Hard Yakka and ill give some gold or even an invite to my guild.

cool~ hope to see you around in GW then ^o^i see, i wonder how much the expansions would cost?im not that much into the pvp since my connection is a little laggy and i get kicked outmost of the time or just die @_@;15-20 @_@, i guess thats okay but finding an nice strategy in battle is alittle hard to do since thee are a lot of people to handle @_@

cool~ hope to see you around in GW then ^o^

i see, i wonder how much the expansions would cost?

im not that much into the pvp since my connection is a little laggy and i get kicked outmost of the time or just die @_@;

15-20 @_@, i guess thats okay but finding an nice strategy in battle is alittle hard to do since thee are a lot of people to handle @_@

172873[/snapback]

Thats the good thing about having my dad work at arenanet, he can tell us when to sell dye, how to win battles and other stuff. He knows the cost of the expansion and what the new characters are gonna be, but i cant tell, some privacy clause crap, i dunno...

I've always wanted to get that game, I heard about it ages ago, I really like the features and the girl on the front cover is pretty good looking. :D *feels quite shallow* But I'm not sure if I should really get it now, I don't have the money and I've read lots of negative comments about it. :)

Hey Guys,Just wanted to know if any of you play Guildwars. Im adicted to this game now and just wanted to see if theres any one on this forum who plays it too! (I also could use some people for my guild ;) )