xisto Community
mahesh2k

Kontera Earning & Payouts

Yes you can run Kontera along with google adsense. Kontera is in-text version of ads while google adsense has contextual ads.I have seen better revenue from Infolinks in comparison to kontera. and besides that you'll also have count for how much you've earned unlike kontera. Infolinks and tribal fusion have similar ad layout.Infolinks ads are also less annoying and looks good. You can run google adsense and infolinks on same site. There is no restriction from google about this.

That may be true... but don't you have to use Kontera on Xisto to earn the revenue that Xisto offers? Because, well, I mean, Xisto has obviously did something with Kontera, whether it was a signed contract or something, so... I want to try that once you guys said that you've received payment, but if that is the case, I was assuming that you would have to use Kontera on your site as well... :)

That may be true... but don't you have to use Kontera on Xisto to earn the revenue that Xisto offers? Because, well, I mean, Xisto has obviously did something with Kontera, whether it was a signed contract or something, so... I want to try that once you guys said that you've received payment, but if that is the case, I was assuming that you would have to use Kontera on your site as well... :)

Well, if you want to earn revenue from kontera just by using it at Xisto, that will never happen. Since most of us sharing that revenue it will take ages to reach the minimum payout of kontera... You'll have a chance to receive the payout only if you use your kontera account on your website along with Xisto. Of course, your website should have some what good amount of traffic.

Well you need to have a website going before you can even add your account here on Xisto, of course to make half-way decent pocket change, make lots of posts and topics. Not saying to go on a spamming spree but post constant and your link should appear more.

That may be true... but don't you have to use Kontera on Xisto to earn the revenue that Xisto offers? Because, well, I mean, Xisto has obviously did something with Kontera, whether it was a signed contract or something, so... I want to try that once you guys said that you've received payment, but if that is the case, I was assuming that you would have to use Kontera on your site as well...

In earlier post Xpress already explained you about this. So answer is yes, you have to register and use kontera on this site to earn. Besides that it is hard to earn from kontera ads displayed here alone. You have to host kontera ads on your own site. and you need to have some traffic in which most of the people are noobs. only they'll click kontera. You can earn 5$/6 months if you post less here or on Xisto and earn from kontera but this will take 3-5 years to reach that amount. But if you have site with traffic and want to irritate users then you can use kontera on your webpage as well and earn some more ecpm so that your ads will cost more and you'll get better click through rate.

Good News guys.. None of our kontera earnings were lost. They are calculating all our earnings that were not appearing at publisher account. I submitted a support ticket 3 days back asking them about my total earnings information. I just received a mail with my total revenue through 2009. The mail doesn't have full report about all our earnings. It is showing only our total earnings till date in a single line of text. Anyway this is a good news that all our earnings are secure... :)

None of our kontera earnings were lost.

Well, that's good news. Glad to hear the earnings are safe. Now I better get cracking and pound out a few more Tutorials so I can snag a couple more dollars and have them send me a cheque. :)

Good News guys.. None of our kontera earnings were lost. They are calculating all our earnings that were not appearing at publisher account. I submitted a support ticket 3 days back asking them about my total earnings information. I just received a mail with my total revenue through 2009. The mail doesn't have full report about all our earnings. It is showing only our total earnings till date in a single line of text. Anyway this is a good news that all our earnings are secure... :)

Thanks for posting that support ticket. Now i can safely say that kontera ID pasting here will pay me something. :o Though i have removed kontera from my other sites. It is solely on Xisto and Xisto postings. So let's see where it goes. I think i got atleast 50$. Let me ask them via support ticket. Do we get entire earning till payout ?

Do we get entire earning till payout ?

Well, I hope so, though it will take years... :) Anyway ask about this also in your support ticket to kontera... and let us all know what they replied.

Well, I hope so, though it will take years... Anyway ask about this also in your support ticket to kontera... and let us all know what they replied.

:o Are you kidding me ? :). I don't want to lose out whatever i have earned so far. Already they have masked the earning. I don't know the reason why huge company like this failed to create a counter for publisher earnings.

:D Are you kidding me ? :o. I don't want to lose out whatever i have earned so far. Already they have masked the earning. I don't know the reason why huge company like this failed to create a counter for publisher earnings.

:) I am also wondering why kontera is not showing our earnings beyond past 6 months. They are telling in their Knowledge Base that most publishers are not interested in viewing their earnings beyond 6 months, so they are not providing the information. But I didn't see any logic in that. What about publishers like us? And whats the problem they have to show our entire earnings if they are storing that information?

They are telling in their Knowledge Base that most publishers are not interested in viewing their earnings beyond 6 months, so they are not providing the information. But I didn't see any logic in that. What about publishers like us? And whats the problem they have to show our entire earnings if they are storing that information?

I think they are not disclosing it cause they want to duck publisher and want to modify reports as per their will. If adsense, doubleclick, yahoo and many other ad networks show counter for even minute earning as 0.001. so why they think that publisher are not interested ? i think they are hiding info as they don't want us to know the earning so that we'll not opt for payout immediately after viewing 100$ in account. i mean kontera seems to have disturbing financial condition. to hide it and to prevent publishers from instant payout they did this perhaps. i don't see any logical defense from their side for this.

I think they are not disclosing it cause they want to duck publisher and want to modify reports as per their will. If adsense, doubleclick, yahoo and many other ad networks show counter for even minute earning as 0.001. so why they think that publisher are not interested ? i think they are hiding info as they don't want us to know the earning so that we'll not opt for payout immediately after viewing 100$ in account. i mean kontera seems to have disturbing financial condition. to hide it and to prevent publishers from instant payout they did this perhaps. i don't see any logical defense from their side for this.

I hope, kontera is a reputed company and won't cheat us. But you are right, if they hide the data from users most people don't know that they reached the minimum payout and won't ask for that. And some others may feel that their earnings were lost and simply leave kontera thinking that kontera is useless. In both cases kontera will lose ultimately... Customers are key for success of any company, and once they lost trust in kontera, no one can save kontera... :)

I hope, kontera is a reputed company and won't cheat us. But you are right, if they hide the data from users most people don't know that they reached the minimum payout and won't ask for that. And some others may feel that their earnings were lost and simply leave kontera thinking that kontera is useless. In both cases kontera will lose ultimately... Customers are key for success of any company, and once they lost trust in kontera, no one can save kontera...

I already moved to another company which is much profitable for my site atleast. It is infolinks. try using it if you have some content on your site. for me it gives 20 cents in 2-4 days. as i have moderate traffic. so i think it is good option over kontera. i am not sure that if it is available like kontera to replace here on this forum as revenue sharing mod. So i think we need to see if they allow something like this. there is also tribal fusion which offers similar service but it requires lot of traffic to get it accepted. kontera and infolinks accepts any publisher so that is the current option we have.

Kontera is a genuine company and have been paying us timely. I had received offer from Infolinks but I rejected it because its new compared to Kontera. Also, its great to hear that all the earnings are calculated. Otherwise, we would had no other choice that changing our advertising sponsors, may be to infolinks.

I already moved to another company which is much profitable for my site atleast. It is infolinks. try using it if you have some content on your site.n

Just checked that infolinks... looks same as kontera. But no way to try or integrate it on my website, There is no drupal module available to integrate it into my drupal website. May be I'll give it a try later. By the way, are there any major difference between kontera and infolinks? or they both work same?

Kontera is a genuine company and have been paying us timely.

That's a good news for mahesh, he has been worrying too much about kontera, I think this will give him some relief :)