xisto Community
mahesh2k

Kontera Earning & Payouts

That's a good news for mahesh, he has been worrying too much about kontera, I think this will give him some relief

:o

looks same as kontera. But no way to try or integrate it on my website, There is no drupal module available to integrate it into my drupal website. May be I'll give it a try later.

Just curious, can't you add ads on templates without modules ? i mean there are many drupal blogs for which it is hard to have yahoo ads module or say doubleclick or cpxinteractive module. so without those modules ads can't be inserted ? i doubt that.anway, i have less experience with drupal sites so you know it better.

By the way, are there any major difference between kontera and infolinks? or they both work same?

almost same. but infolinks ads loads fast and looks good. Note: Infolinks ads look just like tribal fusion text-hover ads. I think infolinks copied their design :). But if you note loading time of infolinks/tribal fusion ads then it is much better than kontera. Clicking and CPC model is also same for both.

Just curious, can't you add ads on templates without modules ? i mean there are many drupal blogs for which it is hard to have yahoo ads module or say doubleclick or cpxinteractive module. so without those modules ads can't be inserted ? i doubt that.anway, i have less experience with drupal sites so you know it better.

Putting banner ads in drupal is easy, but in-text ads are difficult because we have to put the script on every page, which is very very difficult to do it manually. If we have a module for that purpose, it will simply do that work. I think, I have to write my own module, if I want to insert that script. But now a days I am focusing on learning to bend drupal, experimenting with different contributed modules, writing content and SEOing my site. So no time to think about these ads now. :D May I'll do it later. Just inserted kontera ads for testing purpose.

almost same. but infolinks ads loads fast and looks good. Note: Infolinks ads look just like tribal fusion text-hover ads. I think infolinks copied their design :). But if you note loading time of infolinks/tribal fusion ads then it is much better than kontera.

Ads load faster in infoliks? Does that mean infolinks will completely download all the ads they linked to, while loading its script along with our homepage? If so, our website become slower. By the way what type of ads are those? I just hovered on a link at infolinks website to test, and it loaded a flash ad. Are infolinks ads are flash based?

Clicking and CPC model is also same for both.

What about past 6 months data? is it also same? :o

Ads load faster in infoliks? Does that mean infolinks will completely download all the ads they linked to, while loading its script along with our homepage? If so, our website become slower. By the way what type of ads are those? I just hovered on a link at infolinks website to test, and it loaded a flash ad. Are infolinks ads are flash based?

No,it also loads similar to kontera. The difference is it loads faster than kontera (this doesn't mean it loads with the site, ads are on demand in both cases be it kontera or infolinks or tribal fusion). So it will not make site slower in any case with any ad-network. But kontera is annoying as it picks mouseover instantly and starts to show ads (too sensitive kontera links and they pay very low as well). Also not all infolinks ads are flash ads. Higher paying ads are flash ads. For normal text link ads which are lower in amount are simply shows some picture or some link with text.

What about past 6 months data? is it also same? :)

That's the advantage with infolinks and tribal fusion. They show your earning daily and all time in report. You can even set it for whole year or since last payout. So no issues with 6 months data.

No,it also loads similar to kontera. The difference is it loads faster than kontera (this doesn't mean it loads with the site, ads are on demand in both cases be it kontera or infolinks or tribal fusion). So it will not make site slower in any case with any ad-network.

So, they may be load from a faster server then.

Also not all infolinks ads are flash ads. Higher paying ads are flash ads. For normal text link ads which are lower in amount are simply shows some picture or some link with text.

I think flash ads for text link are much more annoying than the text version. Because the moving objects will distract the user from our site, and we don't want that. And there also chance that most users turned off flash plugin, or doesn't install it at all.. some what problematic case. Is there any settting available to trunoff those flash ads? Actually these in-text ads are annoying, and flash in in-text is ultimate annoyance...
Edited by xpress (see edit history)

I think flash ads for text link are much more annoying than the text version. Because the moving objects will distract the user from our site, and we don't want that. And there also chance that most users turned off flash plugin, or doesn't install it at all.. some what problematic case. Is there any settting available to trunoff those flash ads? Actually these in-text ads are annoying, and flash in in-text is ultimate annoyance...

If flash is not on user computer then chances are there that those ads will not be displayed. Besides when it comes to money nothing is annoying except No-reports or No-cash earned counter.:) Even google adsense has flash based ads isn't it ? How many people noticed that ?If flash ads pays higher what's wrong with it. Savvy users already have adblock plus so there is no way that any ad will annoy them. So only newbies are at this end who will see those ads (be it any ad network).I don't think there is any setting for it to turn off flash ads. If your site has high paying keyword then flash based ads which are at high bid will be picked by system. For low paying keyword, you'll get some image+text or text link+content inside that box.

Hey, I just read some articles on some forums about kontera and other competitors. And almost all of them are hating kontera. They provided their statistics of their website with their earnings, and horrible results there... I think I also started hating kontera after reading those articles. One person told that his total impressions were around 50000 with 300+ clicks.. Can you guess how much he earned? $4 .... If that's true then, It will take long time to reach minimum payout. And I am not impressed with my earnings either... my last 6 months earnings(at Xisto) are just $0.62 (2600+ impressions with 49 clicks). Now its time to search for an alternative...

I also hate kontera, they just take all of your money if you don't reach 100$, this is a bit stupid and I think it's almost like a SCAM, they get all the money that you put their ads on your site if you don't get 100$ in 6 months. All thje money you earned before those 6 months starts to disappear. :)

they get all the money that you put their ads on your site if you don't get 100$ in 6 months. All thje money you earned before those 6 months starts to disappear. :)

Hey, no no.. All your earning are safe, if you want to know your complete earnings just submit a support ticket asking them your total earnings information.. just read our previous posts about this issue...

Hey, I just read some articles on some forums about kontera and other competitors. And almost all of them are hating kontera. They provided their statistics of their website with their earnings, and horrible results there... I think I also started hating kontera after reading those articles. One person told that his total impressions were around 50000 with 300+ clicks.. Can you guess how much he earned? $4 .... If that's true then, It will take long time to reach minimum payout.

What you think made me to create this thread ? :) . I have gone through those blogs and opinion before creating this thread. Only thing that satisfied me here is opaque's answer that Kontera working for Xisto and asta. So that's why i don't mind it here. :-)

Otherwise this thread is call for those who are only on kontera enabled on their sites. *run for ya lives*. It's hard to make money from it. And that's why i suggested infolinks and tribal fusion for those publishers. And regardless of how some flash ad looks with tribal fusion or infolinks, payment is very good. So better try it instead of wasting time on kontera. Kontera is NOT at all suitable for those with low traffic sites.

Besides their reason of not keeping Money Counter on publisher account is not satisfactory answer at all.

What you think made me to create this thread ? :o . I have gone through those blogs and opinion before creating this thread. Only thing that satisfied me here is opaque's answer that Kontera working for Xisto and asta. So that's why i don't mind it here. :-)

Otherwise this thread is call for those who are only on kontera enabled on their sites. *run for ya lives*. It's hard to make money from it. And that's why i suggested infolinks and tribal fusion for those publishers. And regardless of how some flash ad looks with tribal fusion or infolinks, payment is very good. So better try it instead of wasting time on kontera. Kontera is NOT at all suitable for those with low traffic sites.

Besides their reason of not keeping Money Counter on publisher account is not satisfactory answer at all.

Hmm.. I thought kontera was somewhat useless, but not this much. If Xisto moves to some other advertiser, it will earn much more money... Anyway thats OpaQue's choice. :)

Anyway, I contacted infolinks about drupal integration and their support is very fast and friendly. But unfortunately they don't have any drupal module for kontera. And adviced me to put code into pages manually. What really amazes me with their support is, they replied to me in just 2 hours for my two support tickets. Kontera support people are taking 3 days to reply for our ticket. I will try to put the script manually...

Hmm.. I thought kontera was somewhat useless, but not this much. If Xisto moves to some other advertiser, it will earn much more money... Anyway thats OpaQue's choice. smile.gif

Two things to look at this. First infolinks or tribal fusion may or may not allow revenue sharing module program. And i doubt these advertisers will allow any new site without checking. So moving from paying ad network to something new has risk as Xisto already have paying advertisers on their hand. Second there is multiple advertiser module in our revenue sharing model(i guess yahoo ads module is there correct me if i'm wrong), so other than infolinks/tribal fusion we can other networks for revenue sharing on Xisto. Not sure about this but in my opinion let kontera stay here on Xisto as it's paying to xisto. But members should note that what kontera is and what to do with it. If they get it working for themselves then that's fine. But No need to change ad network here on Xisto.

Anyway, I contacted infolinks about drupal integration and their support is very fast and friendly. But unfortunately they don't have any drupal module for kontera. And adviced me to put code into pages manually. What really amazes me with their support is, they replied to me in just 2 hours for my two support tickets. Kontera support people are taking 3 days to reply for our ticket. I will try to put the script manually...

I'm not surprised with kontera support. I sent email on monday and yet to get email reply from them. It's more than 3 days i guess. Anyway, i doubt they will even reply with my earning as it's very low. and who knows how much they cut down behind the scene.

I'm not surprised with kontera support. I sent email on monday and yet to get email reply from them. It's more than 3 days i guess. Anyway, i doubt they will even reply with my earning as it's very low. and who knows how much they cut down behind the scene.

I had contacted them a few times before, and they usually replied to all my queries in 4 working days... so chances are they will surely reply you. I think it doesn't matter how much you earned because, my earnings will be definitely much lower than yours...

And a good news (of course, only for me :) ). I somehow managed to put infolinks code into my drupal website, and its working...far better than kontera.. hurray.. :o
Now I have other worries, how to disable it on my home page etc... Have to find the solutions..
Edited by xpress (see edit history)

I'm not sure they mentioned it in their terms of service that they're not going to show money earned so far in stats. they've very retarded reason on their side about not showing stats after 6 month. they're not even like adsense to get busy with stats and mask it. they're just average online ad company. but they masked earning counter with really weird reason that makes me say that there is some problem with kontera.

It does roll month to month so you could set your payoutto another amount of it you want, of course it does take time to that $100 even if your website is very popular. I agree the 6 month cut off is annoying but odds are its a server/databse thing and so your best bet is to download the excel file to keep track of your earnings.