xisto Community
The Simpleton

How Many Of You Still Have Your Old Sub-domain?

This question is for those belonging to the old "HOSTED" group; the people who were with T17 right from the beginning till the end of the old credit system. After that, of course, free domains were introduced and myCENTs took over. But do you still use your old sub-domain from those good-ol' days? The only one I know about is saint-michael.trap17.com which is regularly updated :) A lot of "HOSTED" members are still active even today, so I would like to request them to answer this question :o

Nope.... I lost that account. After Xisto moved to MyCent system OpaQue advised us to order a new hosting account with myCents and told us that old Hosting accounts will be suspended some day. I just ordered a new hosting account with a new .com domain. So my old sub domain account was deleted... :)

I've always had the same sub-domain and still have it now. The URL i've made the search engines (i.e. Google—the others are a bit slow) pick up is just a parked domain. You can access my website using both the sub-domain and the parked domain. If you call that still using my sub-domain, then i am still using my sub-domain. If you say that using my sub-domain is how i access my site, i use either domain to access it, though i tend to only visit my site to see if the update i applied is working as it is on my local server.

I bought a domain before we switched over to myCENTs, and had been using that domain for a while alongside my sub-domain. All my results in search engines were with the TLD, and I wasn't receiving any incoming links to the subdomain. When we switched to myCENTs and I re-ordered my hosting, I decided not to bother with the sub-domain and just go with my TLD.

I used to have a subdomain but don't anymore. I was here when version 1 of the Credits System was active. Good memories to be honest. :)

After Xisto moved to MyCent system OpaQue advised us to order a new hosting account with myCents and told us that old Hosting accounts will be suspended some day.

well that explains the fact that most of the sub-domains that were approved in the hosting forum are not working right now. If possible I would like to have a sub-domain on T17 someday - just to show how much I like it!