xisto Community
Taz

Do You Think Both Parents Should Cook Or Only One

Do you think both parents should cook or only one  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree with you, Taz. It is just sexist to think that, stereotypically, that only the mother or the father should cool for the whole house. In the depression, around 1914, because the females earn less than the males in a normal average family house, the females took the jobs of the males. And yet while the males don't have anything to do, the females still have to cook for the family, scrub the floors and take care of the children after a day of hard labourous work while the males did nothing but sit around all day...I just don't think that it is fair. In these modern times, we should be trying to mend this sexist gap and make women equal to men. After all, females did not "choose" to be females, did they? If the females work, and the males have nothing to do, then they should be the ones doing domestic housework and taking care of the children, cook for the family, scrub the floors, and etc and etc. Wash the clothes.Then this world would be more equal, and there won't be as much of a burden for the females to have everything on their shoulders... :)

There's no "depends" option. If the father is a bad cook but the mother does well, then shouldn't only the mother cook, at least until dad learns how to cook?—and vice versa? What if one of them is preparing a meal for the other? What if they are divorced and don't live together? There are plenty of scenarios where only one should be cooking. Cooking together seems like something left for some "together time."

I think both should.

And why do you think both should? You need to be more descriptive in your posts.

interesting =P of course i think both should cook, but it has a lot to do with tradition, for example in some country's like japan (cant say for sure) the wifes always get this work, and it is probably like that in many other country's, totally wrong , they should help each other with this work.

Then this world would be more equal, and there won't be as much of a burden for the females to have everything on their shoulders... :)

I think both parents should cook. Its like 2009 and woman don't have to cook all the time. that's assuming both of them know how to cook decent meals. If not then i can cook for myself. I think it all measures up I mean the if the guy is providing for his family then he has a lot on his shoulders too. He's trying to meet the needs of the family. Also for the woman she's trying to raise her kids as best as she can. One can't really work without the other. Anyways why not have two parents able to cook.

Both should cook, but who cook the most time is depend on who made the best and the fastest cooking. Look, you won't eat something that too awful and tasted like your socks, will you? And you won't have the time to be able to eat something that have to be cooked in 1 year :)

Both of course!In this household, we go to the extreme of taking turns. The dreaded question here is, "Is it my night to cook?" Sometimes if we eat dinner out, we tend to loose track. If it was up to me, I'd let my better half do all the cooking, but I suspect he might not go for that. Both of us are decent cooks, so that's not a problem. Now, if I could just get him to do his half of the cleaning up afterwards.........In a family situation with children in the home, it should be a lesson for the parents to give their children about sharing responsibilities. Lot's of life's lessons can be learned in the kitchen. Just learning how to cook is only the tip of the iceburg. Lessons about sharing responsibilites, teamwork, management, asigning chores, proper nutrition, heck, even lessons in demorcracy, vote for spinach or lima beans, all can be learned as the entire family gets together to produce the family dinner.

The question here is "are you cooking? or cleaning up?"Sharing duties works well most of the time. There are occasions (both ways) that hamper the process, but I certainly don't mind shouldering my share. And I cook pretty well, too :)

What if i'm not good at cooking ? I mean i'll learn to cook from my spouse but still what if i'm not good at it. We do hire a cook here but that's not for whole life. I mean sometimes cook takes break as well. So there are chances of days when you've prepare food for yourself. In such case i guess both should learn to cook. I'm doing my best to learn some of the cooking dishes. So yes, both should cook. Also it should not be compulsion on both sides. So depends on situation.