xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

What Would You Do If You Were A Trap17 Admin?

@inverse_bloom: Well sadly no one has enough time to arrange that piece of cake :( I mean that the admins are busy with ensuring the background processes run smoothly, so they're not finding enough time to work out the look of the forum. But I'm sure they're noting down all of these suggestions and hopefully someday they will surprise us with a sparkling new theme :)

Yeah, I agree... and certain members seem to be happy with the appearance of the Xisto forums and would like to leave them the way they are. This is because they believe that Xisto is already good enough, and that they are mostly people from the old template period where everything is white and blank and not as good looking as it is now. Even so, I believe that it would not do much harm to change the template a bit, because it is getting rather dull for me and I don't really like it. :D

But I mean, look at the bugs in Xisto. We had two myCENTS break downs in a one month period.... They have a lot to do to keep everything steady and keep us from posting threads on myCENTS updates... I wish that they can just get rid of the myCENTS problem once and for all and work on other things like posting more at the forums... :D But of course, I don't think that that will ever happen. Still, it is a speculation that might happen. If only myCENTS problems were not that common and only happened once or twice when the forum updates to a newer software like Invision Power Board updates... :D

first thing i would do would be to delete your account :( hehehe j/k. it would be nice to have the opportunity to delete the inactive users though. i hate looking at false #'s.

there is a lot of responsibility for a moderator and i certainly wouldn't want it. i think i would be more lenient to the newbies and i would try to talk to the admins about getting more moderators that have the available time. trap has grown to where there needs to be more full time mods in my opinion.

I was going to ask what you would do if you were a T17 mod, but let's just imagine you got the ultimate power and were made an admin :D What sort of changes would you bring about in the forum? Support your theories with some reasons too, otherwise they would just seem like empty ideas with no practical use...
(note to the real admins: sorry! :D:) )

first thing i would do would be to delete your account :( hehehe j/k. it would be nice to have the opportunity to delete the inactive users though. i hate looking at false #'s.
there is a lot of responsibility for a moderator and i certainly wouldn't want it. i think i would be more lenient to the newbies and i would try to talk to the admins about getting more moderators that have the available time. trap has grown to where there needs to be more full time mods in my opinion.

Full time moderators? I thought that that would mean they will have to be given an income for that. I mean, yes, while certain people go on Xisto for extensive long period of times in a day, I don't think that they will be able to mod for a proper working period of at least eight or seven hours non-stop. But it would be pretty good if the moderators get extra myCENTS for the job they do though. :)

But I agree with anwii. There should be more moderators in Xisto to keep thins down and steady. :D

@inverse_bloom: Well sadly no one has enough time to arrange that piece of cake :( I mean that the admins are busy with ensuring the background processes run smoothly, so they're not finding enough time to work out the look of the forum. But I'm sure they're noting down all of these suggestions and hopefully someday they will surprise us with a sparkling new theme :)

I would be more then happy to make a theme. I would make a test board and put the skin on there for everyone to see first :D

Yeah we should have 2-3 more mods i agree, but i guess if the current mods and admin were supportive of that, we would have that already.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

I'm sure the mods/admins have already talked or are still talking about this matter in their secret staff forum:P It's debatable whether or not we need more moderators, but as of now I think we can manage with the present team - that's because the activity isn't that buzzing to get out of control for this team.