xisto Community
linkey

How Fast Is Your Internet Connection?

wow, i thought i had a fast internet connection. i have dsl, normaly 60-70kbs for download and much faster upload. but some people are in mbs so i feel dwarfed!

me in Algeria using ADSL 128 Kbps (16 Ko/sec) but i'll change to ADSL 512 Kbps (64 Ko/sec) ...

I'm currently living on a prawn farm in Australia and we don't have broadband coverage here yet, I've got a 128k ISDN- not too bad, better than dialup and it gives me a good reason to not spend all day in front of a PC! Will hopefully get broadband sooner or later though.

Mine connection is 256k and i live in india,dont know when i will get mbps connection,i heard that in us 2-10mbps speed is common,waiting for it. Edited by sourabhj (see edit history)

In theory I have an 8Mbit/s connection, but the actual speed I get is around 5Mbit/s (I'm in the U.k)It's the 4GB monthly cap that annoys me, but then again I don't use that connection when I want to download stuff....don't we love it when you have extra access to a 100Mbit/s internet connection :)

Well its been awhile since I last posted here (I think), but since I have a new service provider thanks to comcast take over of adelphia I got a much faster connection this time YEAH!!! Boy is it fast I got to spike my download speed at 5616 kbps, upload is a bit on the slow side which is hovering between 300-600 kbps. I could spend some extra money and bump it up to 8 MBps for even more speed wooo.

Now I envy you guys with top speeds. I only have a 512kbps connection. Well atleast I have unlimited use with no extra charge other than the monthly rental (which i find very economical).

You just have to google check internet speed but here is a link that will tell you everything you need to know; like where your speed is compared to others and what not.

http://www.speedtest.net/
http://myspeed.visualware.com/
CNET BW Test

these are just a few of the sites you can find, there is also a firefox plug in that can test for you as well, but can't think of the name for it though. However, to get an accurate picture you need to have stuff like messenger clients close and nothing being downloaded or uploaded, because it will show you a false reading and it that won't help.

I live in the US and its 4003kbs but my isp connection in my area sucks.. so lol is this considered spam.. because its one line..i dont want it to be, but i am going to get optical fibers for my internet, (aol a think) and it is suppposed to be FAST

768kb :P I used to have 56k for a real long time. So the jump from that to this is great for me. It's plenty fast I guess. But I do wish I had like 10mb. That would be super awesome. I just wish I had faster upload speeds really. Download speeds are okay for me. I just hate waiting hours to upload pictures to my photo gallery on my website :P

man my broadban connection suddenly ceased so I now have to use the isp's emergency dialup plan, but its ok, 56k I don't find it that slow, though before I was getting speeds of up to 4mbps