xisto Community
linkey

How Fast Is Your Internet Connection?

I had a downstream speed of 2048mbps and 128mbps upstream, but my isp decided to double the velocities to 4096mbps and 256mbps. All this for 35? (around 45 dollars).One strange thing I noticed is that it says on my isp's site that with 4096mbps downstream speed, I can reach 512MB/s download speed (downstream / 8 = download), but sometimes I download things at almost 3000MB/s. Somewhat strange but for me it's ok:)

I live in Pakistan.. i have cable connection over VPN .. it is about 64kbps connection and download speed is about 8kbps and over 22kbps upload. Well this is not enough at all. Although my cable operator have more than 4000+ users maybe thats why they imforce limitation of 64kbps...

I live in England and have 2mbs and a mere 256kbs upload hopefully soon I will get ADSL2+ and have 24mbs download and 1.3mbs upload. At the moment I can download at about 250 kilobytes a second. Still better than dialup I suppose.

Whee... I finally got my DSL... It's not too great, I'd say it's kinda slow for a DSL connection. It's supposedly 256k/256k Download/Upload (No restrictions). It's good enough for me! :( I download often, so I needed something faster than dial-up. You can just imagine my glee when I got that switch. :)

I live in the United States.My download speed from my ISP (Charter Communications) is approximately 3mbps although I rarely get these speeds. I normally top out my downloads at around 1mbps.My upload speed is around 300kbps which is fine for me since I upload files to my friends rarely and most of the time they are small.

My download speed is usually around 100-300 kbps, without using an accelerater or anything... It's a broadband connected, however it's through a router, wireless-b. So sometime when I get money I'll upgrade to a wireless-g and then my connection will be plenty fast for everything i do with it :)

I am not sure how fast my internet connection is actually. I can give you the specs though. I use a Belkin Wireless router with HD/SCD (amp) drives to recieve the data. That's about all that I know. I use Comcast High Speed Internet and love it. It's very fast, and I enjoy it. How can you find the proper specs for the connection, I didn't read this whole topic because 17 pages is a lot for me to read.