xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rob86

Did You Know...? Shocking advertising secrets

I was reading a few webpages a while ago that revealed how it is common for people doing advertisements for companies and products to photoshop in or photoshop out people of different races, mostly african american. I saw examples of a black persons head being cropped out and a white person's head stuck on. I've also seen black people strangely added into a group of white people to make a product look more "multiracial". I even read in the news a while ago that people who do my province's tourist advertisements often paste in people of different races to make the location appeal to foreign people more. It's shocking really, that this is done. Is it really not possible to get people to get different races together for an advertisement picture? Why would people be cropped out and replaced with the face of a white person? In all seriousness, could skin colour clash with the advertisement's colours? You should pay more attention to the advertisements you see, and look for any race-related photoshopping errors. You might be surprised and find one. I don't know if there's racist intent here or what, but it's weird.

Google "Microsoft photoshop out black guy" or something similar and see the terrible image microsoft made. They had a dark skinned guy (i wouldnt actually describe him as black, perhaps mixed race) sitting on a board of all white people so they got some random white guy's head and photochopped it onto the black guys neck, but they forgot to do the same with his hand which was at about head level, so there was a white guy with a black hand... fail!Theres a while site dedicated to these things, in some hands are missing or they remove a person and left their feet/shoes behind by mistake and such like, its pretty amusing really!

It?s a bit tragic but it is amusing. I kind of like those pictures of before and after shots of skin care products or dieting results. Due to doing a bit of practicing in compositing, I find It easy to pin point the ones that are fake. The ones that are blatantly false are just funny.

the thing that annoys me more are those that believe the product can help them, like you say with the slimming and makeup products, every single advert (or 99.9% perhaps) have used special effects to change the way the model looks, and you people still by these products? Jesus...."Here is our wonder makeup, it makes you look really great**! buy it!!! only $99 per 10ml**model enhanced in post production using a computer and special effects because well, to be honest its not that good, in fact, its so rubbish that our model looked awful wearing it so we had to use a computer. But hey, you'll still buy it so who cares!"Women are particularly vulnerable to this type of advertising (and im not a sexist person by the way, but women are led by adverts, look at how much they/you spend on makeup which is only body-safe paint but you'll pay $50/?30 for a tiny bottle, perhaps 50ml because they/you believe it will make you look good based on the faces of "attractive" models (who really arent attractive, but women think that men think they are) in the vain hope you will look like her. It doesnt work.....)

Interesting, thanks for posting that for people like myself too lazy to google it. You can tell it was edited because of the blurred part to the left of his head. I wonder how many ads are edited like this but go unnoticed.What language/country is that edited ad for, anyway?

Interesting, thanks for posting that for people like myself too lazy to google it. You can tell it was edited because of the blurred part to the left of his head. I wonder how many ads are edited like this but go unnoticed.
What language/country is that edited ad for, anyway?

I think it's for the U.S, I'm not completely sure though. And yeah, I think it's a terrible job by Microsoft. It's wrong also, but I mean if they are going to do something as horrible as that, you might as well do it right.

the thing that annoys me more are those that believe the product can help them, like you say with the slimming and makeup products, every single advert (or 99.9% perhaps) have used special effects to change the way the model looks, and you people still by these products? Jesus....
"Here is our wonder makeup, it makes you look really great**! buy it!!! only $99 per 10ml

**model enhanced in post production using a computer and special effects because well, to be honest its not that good, in fact, its so rubbish that our model looked awful wearing it so we had to use a computer. But hey, you'll still buy it so who cares!"

Women are particularly vulnerable to this type of advertising (and im not a sexist person by the way, but women are led by adverts, look at how much they/you spend on makeup which is only body-safe paint but you'll pay $50/Ł30 for a tiny bottle, perhaps 50ml because they/you believe it will make you look good based on the faces of "attractive" models (who really arent attractive, but women think that men think they are) in the vain hope you will look like her. It doesnt work.....)

I agree with you there 100%

Amway.telebramds do this type of ads for years. It annoys me when they lie openly on tv. There are games on tv where they ask simple question and want you to call for to win prize. Host just waste ur time on call and you get charged heavily. Advertising and marketting is good to keep economy flowing. But any attemp to cheat good market or system brings disgr?e to ads world. even we are marketting ourselves on forum,we'll look same like those people in ads if we post uncesserily.

I never saw ad without text...I think if there is ad without saying nothing on the end,or showing text that will be nominated for the best ad in the world from me,i can't way about others.On the end they show something: "The best way to...." or something like that.Sometimes the can make us to buy something,but the second time,i don't believe :P Photoshop,Flash or Illustrator,anyway they can't say we are the best but they can say something like that just to get money from us.Some people doesn't have money for bread but this people lie that much so they are saying bread is 0.0$ :P !!!!