xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
donneo

Toshiba Qosmio X 500

Since arriving Toshiba Qosmio X500, the first laptop computer company based in Calpella mobile platform of Intel. Diagonal screen is 18.4 inches with a resolution of 1.920 x 1.080 pixels. For the processor can choose the Intel Core i7 models, and can be embedded 8 GB DDR3 RAM, two 500 GB hard drive, GeForce GTS 250M graphics and Blu-ray drive. Laptop is equipped with a backlight keyboard, numeric keypad, multi-touch touchpad, Harman Kardon speakers and readers of the five types of memory cards. The launch of the model is scheduled for next month, when the sale will be found, and Windows 7 operating system.

I like the Toshiba Qosimo's based on their specs but I don't know of anyone who has actually used one. I attempted to see a few in various Best Buys but they never seemed to have them in, either.Has anyone actually used one and has experience in the following areas:Keyboard - clunky or "normal?"Screen - pure visibility or is it one that has horrible pixelation and stuff?Speed - can it handle newer games?Customer Support - I've never purchased from Toshiba before so I have no experience at all with their support

Toshiba Qosmio X500Toshiba Qosmio X 500

Hi I have owned the Qosmio G30  the X300 and the X500.

The G30 was awsome with everything TV FM tuner and good visuals. Replaced it after 4 years with the X300. This had a problem that keep happening. The spec's were good best sound ever and good screen. Toshiba replaced this with the X500 as they didn't get on top of the problem on the X300.

The sound is not as good on the X500 but large 18.4 screen is good and windows 7 is better than vista. The X300 and the X500 are missing some of the features of the G30 FM and TV. You don't get a remote with the X500 either. It is fast and I think the support I have recieved from Toshiba has been first class. I live in New Zealand and have had the TE2100 also. Even after the warranty had expired they came to the party with a new mother board fre of charge. What more can I say, I have been happy [touch wood!!]with the new machine. The key board is not sloppy or clunky but does show finger prints due to shinny finish.

Graeme

-reply by graeme

Toshiba Qosimo x505-Q870Toshiba Qosmio X 500

I have just bought one a few days ago.  It is a nice laptop, BUT... It does not support any sound recording features other than the microphone, no input jack and no mixer for recording what you hear thru the speakers.  Also big problem getting it to see other systems on my network, still trying to achieve this.. No help from their support team.   Everyone points at someone else... Oh, try microsoft, oh, try the software vendor...Etc... Phooey!!

-reply by Anthony Loscri

Toshiba Qosimo x505-Q870Toshiba Qosmio X 500<p>I have just bought one a few days ago.  It is a nice laptop, BUT... It does not support any sound recording features other than the microphone, no input jack and no mixer for recording what you hear thru the speakers.  Also big problem getting it to see other systems on my network, still trying to achieve this.. No help from their support team.   Everyone points at someone else... Oh, try microsoft, oh, try the software vendor...Etc... Phooey!!</p>-reply by Anthony Loscri<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden" /><div id="refHTML"></div>

I also got Qosmio X500 a few days ago from a friend who bought it from Australia. Its starting time is tooo long. Sound quality is too much poor and Display crashes some times and NO EASY ONLINE SUPPORT available from TOSHIBA. The HP is the best in support, you can chat with HP representative at any time with a few clicks away only. I couldn't find any way to contact Toshiba. If I tried from Toshiba-Australia (because model is of Australia), the Contact-Toshiba form is too strict to fill out for any person from other country and no global site where one can describe the problem. The HP support is very best very fast. I will never buy Toshiba Laptop again.

Is there any one tell me can the starting time be less, If I upgrade RAM from 4GB 1033 to 4GB 1333? and can I replace the processor from Core I7-720 1.6Ghz to I7-950 3.06Ghz which I have in my desktop, I will exchange it.

The Toshiba Qosmio is Toshiba's line of high end gaming laptops, similar to those of Dell's Alienware range. The Toshiba Qosmio X500 is the first of the Qosmio series to get an Intel Core i5/i7 processor.As is the case with most other high end gaming laptops, they are over priced and you could easily get the same specs in a desktop, or can get yourself a reasonably priced desktop for just about the same. Having said that, a Qosmio is the owner's pride and the neighbour's envy, so that just might make it worth getting one :-P

The newer model of qosmio series is just amazing. Qosmio x505 is equipped with NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M 1Gb gddr5 and there is another version of x505 which comes with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M 1.5Gb GDDR5 and Intel Core i7 740QM , performance of this laptop is just astonishing but you should be aware of 18.4inch display which means it isn't very easy to carry. so it's just like a slim desktop that you can carry it in necessary situations. anyway size of display for gaming is very important and it should be big but i think 15.6inch is just enough for me to play games. so i suggest ASUS G53Jw-3DE Core? i7 , 15.6" HD LED, NVIDIA? GeForce? GTX 460M 1.5GB which is light weighted and easy to carry with high performance for modern games.

Qosmio is the most amazing gaming laptop. You really wouldn't expect something like that from Toshiba, seeing as most of their models are cheaply made(i.e plastic casing, some with integrated graphics).