xisto Community
H.O.D

My Invoice Came Before The Due Date?!

The due date for the payment of my hosting plan is 10th October '09. I thought that since I have that much time I'll go easy on the posting and thus I posted casually, earning just $1 so far. But to my shock I found that I had received an invoice for the hosting plan today (one week in advance) and now that invoice is saying "Unpaid" because I don't have enough myCENTs to pay for it. I wasn't expecting anything like this and am in a fix as to what to do. Does this mean that my hosting package will be suspended until I pay the invoice? So far nothing as such has happened and my site is still up (whew!) but I'm a bit worried as to what will happen next. Could some experienced user tell me what I have to do now? How much time do I have till I pay the invoice without my account getting suspended? Please help me....thanks a lot for it.

The invoice arrives early, but you are hosted up until the 10th October 2009. Your invoice should have a due date on it (most likely 10th October 2009), which is the date you have to pay by. If not, then I think we can assume it is 10/10/2009. If you haven't paid by that date, then of course your hosting is liable to be suspended until you have paid it.

Oh that's a huge relief then - I can surely accumulate enough myCENTs by that time - it's my luck that thanks to my friend I got a site as soon as I joined and all I have to do is maintain it - but this myCENT system can become scary at times like these when you suddenly realize that there isn't much time and that there aren't many topics to post either!!!! Anyway, thanks for the help rvalkass :P Much appreciated

If you need more MyCENTs you can post at Xisto.com as well. A bit smaller than Xisto, buit you can earn there as well.

But we are more fun!!!Xisto is more 'technical' in its Topics (generally) and the usual posters there are much more knowledgeable about the workings of the InterWebs and stuff. It is a good forum for programming and coding information. More so than here, but we have a few 'wizards' amongst the Xisto users, too.

But we are more fun!!!

Agree. Xisto is almost dead. Until and unless you resurrect old topics (be it month or year old). There seems to be no discussion on forums. I find one day without a single post. When topic gets created it receives good and quick response. But most of the time, there are hardly any new topics and old topics are rarely bumped. And bumped only when people want to earn mycent. Not much activity there these days. Also there is issue of spammers. One spammer is coming with various names and creating spam threads,(you can say this is the activity over there). Though spam topic gets deleted, but they remain on asta for hours. I think it's bad thing for search engine traffic.

I'm glad that we've few newbies and knowledgeable people here who create threads and answers as well. Also big thanks to mods who keep Xisto SPAM free. (Don't ask me why about SPAM cause i'm tired of reading Micheal Jackson spam posts on Xisto :P)

but this myCENT system can become scary at times like these when you suddenly realize that there isn't much time and that there aren't many topics to post either!!!!

In such cases, you can create threads. Don't care if you get response to it or not. More you'll interact more response you'll get from members. And in time when there are no threads to respond. It is better to create your own thread.

I just went back to Xisto and earned $2. Took a little time, but I had nothing else to do. It is like another whole community over there. It seems like they are more into SEO and marketing of websites, while I think that this forum is more about news and website design.

Same here :P. But I still can pay til 9 October so this is good. And yes Xisto is actually dead which is sad. The first time I found Trap it was on Xisto.

I agree. Xisto is almost dead with hardly no new posts at all. Personally, I think OpaQue should Merge or atleast install IP.Converge and converge both boards so we can login with the same account(s) as on here. :P

Hmm there seems to be a mixed opinion on Xisto over here, but anyway I'd not like to join a purely technical forum - it would get boring sometimes and anyway Xisto is technical enough for me :) The members here seem very friendly and helpful and the only ruse is that the forums are not so active as I hoped they might be...oh well, everyone's busy with their lives :PThanks for all the encouraging words and advice - I'll take care to see that I get enough myCENTs by 9th. Thanks once again :P

The due date for the payment of my hosting plan is 10th October '09. I thought that since I have that much time I'll go easy on the posting and thus I posted casually, earning just $1 so far. But to my shock I found that I had received an invoice for the hosting plan today (one week in advance) and now that invoice is saying "Unpaid" because I don't have enough myCENTs to pay for it. I wasn't expecting anything like this and am in a fix as to what to do. Does this mean that my hosting package will be suspended until I pay the invoice? So far nothing as such has happened and my site is still up (whew!) but I'm a bit worried as to what will happen next. Could some experienced user tell me what I have to do now? How much time do I have till I pay the invoice without my account getting suspended? Please help me....thanks a lot for it.

You were not only who get this shock. I got this shock too. But, my story is little bit different from yours. I was about to cancel my logic plan, so, I was thinking that I will do it 2-3 days earlier, before the payment for the next month to be made. But, I was having enough of dollars on my xisto account and when I open my xisto account to cancel my hosting account I see that the payment for the next month was already made, 5 days earlier from the actual date of purchasing the logic plan. As a result, I am still having that hosting account still active and hopefully I will deactivate it this month!