xisto Community
Xenon

How do you test your php code

yes! testing your scripts locally is good practice. because of an error, the server maybe be damaged. upload it to the host then edit it, is not as simple as do that locally. there are so many article to describe how to set up the php server, so its very easy.

Normally I upload my files to some online server. Bad freehosting.
Before uploading

[/br]<?[br]error_reporting(E_ALL); [/br]?>[br]

Put this in the top of my scripts :(

I agree with Magic-Node. Get yourself over to EasyPHP and download a slick system with which you can test all of your code!

You will find that eventually there will be things that you cannot test on your desktop. The one I keep running into is the use of mail(), which uses sendmail on a *nix host, and nothing but errors on my own machine.

People, use Denver, it is the most usefull tool for checking your php and perl scripts on local machine. It includes Apache+mod_rewrite+SSI+Perl+PHP(GD included)+MySQL(transaction support included)+Sendmail and all in 1 small file - only 2MB. You can simply install it on your local machine and it is all. You can made any count of domains, subdomains etc.

Download denver you can here.

i use xammp. get it at apachefriends.org

making a localhost for Apache and php server is actually a good thing. it could save you time by finding out errors before you could actually upload it online., and of Course if you have many PHP file to upload and check online you would save your Bandwith!

I have a html tester code thing but it um I dont know if it works with php I wouldnt think so

i alsow agree with the ones that say to test first localy and then remotly.try to know the right configuration of your remote server and configure your local server the same way, i know it can be harder, but can alsow be better for you, because you'll have more time to test your scripts localy.