xisto Community
Xenon

How do you test your php code

just install apache on your pc, and put the files you want to test in the directory in apache that is set aside for the files you want on the net. then make sure you have php installed on your pc and you should be all set.

Another easy way to get a server running on your pc (without downloads) is buy a good linux distribution.I used Suse 9.0, and to install apache, php + mysql all you need to do is select the package's in the setup tool.The recent upgrade to php 5 was smooth, the only input frum me was to change Addhandler and Addtype settings in the apache configuration file.

does it matter how the codes looks if your testing your php code on your own computer. I mean like would it look different when you have apache installed versus another one server software.

I run a public test on my computer. It can be accessed by the public. But, I'm not gonna tell anyone out loud here :)Anyways, no one needs to see it unless its important to be seen :Dxboxrulz

Testing your scripts locally is deemed good practice, but the logistics involved in running your own server beats down the practicality value at the moment. Also, sometimes your local server may run scripts differently than your actual host.

I write My code In phpeditor Or NotepadAnd For Testing Code Debuging On phpeditor and uploading on my hosting :D I Can not Setup apache On My systemIts Doesnt work true

I don't run my own server so I test all server-side scripts through the web host. Testing your scripts locally is deemed good practice, but the logistics involved in running your own server beats down the practicality value at the moment. Also, sometimes your local server may run scripts differently than your actual host.

I use appserv because it's very easy to install and use.more feathers - php language support + mysql + phpMyAdmin :D ........ no more tear :D ......

I installed the last version of PHPTriad, wich was released like a year ago. So, I download Win32 versions of Apache, PHP and MySQL, and manualy upgrade them :DWorks perfectly, though I don't seem to be able to install PHP5 and MySQL on my Apache :D