xisto Community
phpphp

Bing Search Engine threat to google?

According to Microsoft Bing users are being increased and getting more and more market share. User are clicking more ads in bing search engine than google and more over finding bing more user friendly according to different reports. according to mircrosoft own words

Microsoft's new search engine, Bing, has managed to take the third spot in the top search providers for August 2009. Bing was launched back in May 2009 and has managed to snatch 10.7% market share with 1.1 billion searches in August 2009.

Now user wants to try new thing than just Alimighty google:-)

what you say about this?

Notice from galexcd:
Make sure you put anything you copy between
and [/ quote] bbcode not just "quotation marks"

Interesting, Bing took almost all the share of Comcast searches. One think I didn't understand, how do we all come to know the statistics, does the companies release the data? How could one tell if users clicked more ads in Bing than in Google? Bing is sure getting more popularity, its nice to have two nice search engines competing for the top position.

According to Microsoft Bing users are being increased and getting more and more market share. User are clicking more ads in bing search engine than google and more over finding bing more user friendly according to different reports. according to mircrosoft own words"Microsoft's new search engine, Bing, has managed to take the third spot in the top search providers for August 2009. Bing was launched back in May 2009 and has managed to snatch 10.7% market share with 1.1 billion searches in August 2009."
Now user wants to try new thing than just Alimighty google:-)
what you say about this?

Wow that was quick, Im going to be ahnoyed if it gets 2nd, Thinking Google is first.
Now, To get that far up the list was amazing I never thought it would.

One think I didn't understand, how do we all come to know the statistics, does the companies release the data?

Yes they do, If they didnt they probally wouldnt be this popular! :lol:

I have been always a real fan of Google since 2000. It is really great but now Microsoft is going fast. That's nice. Bing is really user friendly and I like it's home page due to the use of Microsoft Silverlight Technology and AJAX. If they keep on the good job within the next months there will be one of those "Google Vs. Microsoft" sharp competitions.

Edited by eastofsorrow (see edit history)

Wow bing is developing very quicly and thought that google have a more users you searching than bing but now Bing is very popular and i think that microsoft will defeat google with bing.

but i don't think bing can really kill google because google has been the traditional search engine for everyone..as their announcement on twitter i am also a user of bing but also use google at the same time i am not forgetting googlethe great search engine

Bing has nothing on Google. Simply saying. The commercials are cheesy, and it is nothing more than MSN with a new name. It has still yet to put my site on the top for the site's name, and a lesser known (and lesser SEOed) site has the #1 spot for my keyword. This completely proves that MSN/Bing's algorithm is terrible, and needs a new rewrite. The fact that it still uses META keywords also proves it needs a rewrite.Nothing will kill Google. It will never happen.

Bing will take over google is just hype created by microsoft. Search results are poor and in no way comparable with google. I don't know what algorithm they use. But most of the searched for which only google responds, bing fails to give results. Now i don't want to mention those keywords in this forum. But if you're using search engine to check performance of your site, you'll come to know what i mean. Bing has no importance for search queries which involves market criticism, analysis etc. Try getting results for anti-microsoft sites, you'll see the difference. Bing also has no place for warez world,very limited results :P. But good thing is atleast they're not listing keyword hijacking sites. Bing is such useless search engine, it's not even worth for file search. Forget about it's comparison with google.Bing can't beat search engines like yauba and cuil when it comes to file search. Finding pdf,ppt from the bing search is such that finding something in register which is not registered. Very poor search engine just MSN live is branded as Bing and nothing else. If i've to move from google then i'll look for file searching sites instead of bing. Atleast i'll get what i'm looking for.

"Just give me one reason to shift to Bing! I've settled down nicely into Google so why should I change to something inferior, even though it looks prettier than Google?!"

This is an average answer that most people would give if asked to change to Bing. As many members have said above, it's not at all great and is far behind Google in terms of results. Maybe in the US it produces better results because of special algorithms and such, but for the rest of the world it's a real poor-quality engine that was never supposed to have been launched!!! And all those reports about Bing eating into google's share, well I think that "share" is primarily made up of Microsoft's employees and their families and such, and some die-hard MS fans. Other than that I don't think most people are really interested in Biiiiing!