xisto Community
Ash-Bash

What Browser Do You Use?

Browsers  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use Firefox for the regular websites and for email accounts. Similar story as what Quatrux has mentioned. Where as I use chrome for browsing new and unknown websites. I like the Iron Browser portable, thanks for the link. I like portables apps in general.

I use Opera, Firefox and Internet Explorer. But i predominately use Opera it is non resource intensive and has a turbo button in the lower left corner which compresses JPEGs. When the wireless seems to be getting a bit slow i turn the turbo button which will speed up browsing. Not just this but it can save some megabytes of bandwidth! (wireless)

Dear friends my vote is for Opera as I regularly use it for the ease of use and mainly the speed dial facility. Many sites which I have seen to have problems in browsing in other browsers are easily and perfectly in Opera.

I use Firefox primarily, but test with and occasionally use Internet Explorer 8, Chrome, and Opera. 2nd choice is Opera.

I prefer Google Chrome. It's a little faster than Firefox, but it would be great if Chrome support addons.

Actually... the latest version of Chrome supports addons and bookmark sync.

I'm a fan and user of Firefox. But lately i've been giving Google Chrome a shot. It still has a long way to go but it looks promising for Chrome.

I'll post my brief history of browsers: Posted Image

I originally used IE; it was the only one I had heard of and I didn't even know there were others. I used it for a long time until I saw my friend had Firefox, I decided to give it a go and stuck with it for a few months. Firefox was good but could be slow on my PC, but seeing as I didn't know about the other browsers, I kept it until around April Fool's day. Google had released a special version of Chrome that rendered the webpage with support for anaglyph red/blue glasses. I didn't have any glasses though Posted Image so it just gathered dust on my desktop. When I got my glasses I quickly opened Chrome, only to find itself updating, and obliterating the 3D feature for ever Posted Image. After surfing with it for a wild though I found how easy and quick it was, and I loved the interface.

The new features in Chrome, like themes (I have the 'Avatar' one) and extensions just make a good browser great, so I have no excuse not to use it when I'm on a PC.

When I'm on my DSi, I have to use the Opera browser. It slow but then that's expected, so it's not too bad for a games console. I don't know how it compares to other console browsers and it's the only DSi browser so I can't do speed comparisons. I still like the touch screen support which makes it easier to use than a PC browser! And the fact that it's on DS means it can be taken anywhere.

Thanks for reading all of this, hope you liked it Posted Image

I use Firefox for development, only because it has Chris Pederick's Web Developer tools and allows all of its features. Chrome does have the extension available for download, but with some restrictions which I personally don't like (for instance, I can't use edit CSS!). Also, Chrome can't disable Javascript (at least the current stable build) without exiting, so that's another advantage for Firefox.However, I must mention:During the last few weeks I realised that the Developer tools Chrome has integrated also work great with modifying CSS on the short-term (like Firebug), so I highly recommend downloading it. Actually, the only reason Firefox is still nr. 1 is because I can change the CSS, preview the changes and then copy the entire code in my style.css file. :) Haven't figured out how to do that in Chrome yet... Finally, I also have Safari, Opera, IE tester (for IE 5 and IE 6) and IE 8 on my PC for testing purposes. I know, wow! :P

Edited by Little Asterisk (see edit history)

Also, Chrome can't disable Javascript (at least the current stable build) without exiting, so that's another advantage for Firefox.

Version 4.1.249.1064 supports it. It's in Options > Under the Bonnet > Content Settings... > JavaScript, but you have to reload the page to activate it.

I use Mozilla Firefox on Windows because of the addons and cool personas :rolleyes: Sometimes i use Google Chrome but most of the use is for testing my website how it looks. People,how your Chrome is faster then Firefox? My Chrome slows down my system and it is very slow :unsure:Is there some trick or option to make it faster? I like the concept of Chrome and it's design , so i want to use it , but it is very very buggy.

I like Google Chrome it's very fast and i'am using it but i also downloaded Opera yesterday and its pretty good too,i never use Internet Explorer because it makes me lot of troubles.My vote goes to Google Chrome

Hi guys,

Well I don't know about you lot but I like a Browser to feel good so I can post better and longer :lol: Seems to work in Safari :P.

I want you guys to vote "Which Browser you use?" I am just very nosey :(Please use the Poll to vote and reply with Why you use it.

- Ash.

Well, I have Internet Explorer (not sure of the version), Firefox New Version, Google Chrome and Safari on my laptop.

1. I never, NEVER use Internet Explorer because every time I use it to access even sites like Facebook it freezes and crashes like hell.

2. Firefox was my first choice, I've been using it for quite a while and it is very customizable. I change the Firefox Persona on a daily basis and it is rather fun, and there are add ons that help me out. But, lately, it's been really slow as hell, especially when it is updated, sad really.

3. When Firefox fails me, I turn to Google Chrome. It's fast and efficient; not as customizable and I'm still not used to it though.

4. Safari... I downloaded it and tried it, but it seemed slow as well. Not as slow as IE but slower than Firefox. It looked cool and all but it failed to deliver.

I've been using multiple browsers to be able to work with multiple accounts. My cousin uses Safari and all of his passwords are saved on Apple Safari, while I use Mozilla Firefox where all of my passwords are saved. When I create web applications for testing, I use Google Chrome since I don't want to add all of the localhost entries and testing form values to the browser autocomplete.I think I've posted to the thread before and expressed my predilection for using the Opera browser on older computers. It performs quite well, but when there's Adobe Flash media on the page, it is bound to slow down so I would disable the Flash plugin unless I visit a site that requires it.

Seems that most of the users who replied through the poll are using Firefox as I do.I believe that it's far superior than Internet Explorer and has alot of potential because it's open source.Whenever I do an operating system install on any computer, Firefox is the choice of browser that I'll include.I've seen that the beta of Internet Explorer is out, I'll have to give it a test run before I can justify my use of Firefox in front of it.