xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
asomormridul

Xisto: A Question Unanswered

(Please remove / move the querry if it is not the right place to ask)

I am yet to create my account with xisto just because I am not sure if I could continue the same domain name even after expiry of my time of contract. Can the domain name retained by providing the required amount continuously, as and when due, to the site? Can my earning from the forum be used for covering my dues with Xisto? These are the major queries I had in my mind.

The other query which I have is that, how long my money would be stored at Xisto. It is been about a couple of months my money is lying idle with xisto. Will it be intact there even though I don't visit their site?

The other reason for not opening a site of my own is that I am working in a slower connectivity. As I am on a rented house, I am yet to decide whether to go for a telephone connection or not. The other modes are quite expensive as I remain online for hours together, specially chatting my friends.

Both of the top answers are "yes." You own the domain and therefore as long as you are paying for it you retain ownership.As for how long it is actively in your account (your MyCents), they have no expiration as far as I know.

you can keep your domain and money for as long as you like :lol: Many people leave their xisto accounts idle because the payment process is automatic and they don't have to bother about anything at all. The money comes in automatically and also goes out automatically (only the required amount of course!!) so after ordering your domain there's no harm in not visiting the xisto site for a long while!

you can keep your domainand money for as long as you like smile.gif Many people leave their xisto accounts idle because the payment process is automatic and they don't have to bother about anything at all.

Well thats a first. I will never keep my xisto account on auto renewal simple reason because I may want to order somthing else or it may over charge me.

Basically you pay for waht you get. As long as you are paying the myCENT for the domain you will retain ownership.

Well thats a first. I will never keep my xisto account on auto renewal simple reason because I may want to order somthing else or it may over charge me.

As far as my experience here with xisto billing center. I've never got charged for more in renewal. My domain renewal cost was still the same when i purchased the account. Same is the case with hosting. Only thing is the plans when i purchased hosting are non-existent now. Plan a,b,c of computinhost no longer active. They're replaced by logic basic plan which is equivalent to plan c. And there is not price rise in hosting if you see that way. Just old two cheaper plans are removed which were offering 50/100mb disk and 1/5gbgb transfer, that's it.

If you're concerned about hosting and domain renewal price hike. Then instead of paying yearly. Pay for domains in advance for 2-3 years. And keep hosting on auto-renewal, see if they charge you high. If you ask me, they won't.