xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Would You Use Ie Explorer Even If It Wasn't Bundled With Windows?

No, why would anyone use Internet Explorer if it wasn't bundled with Windows? I've asked some people why they don't want to try Firefox, and the reason is always something along the lines of "I don't feel like downloading a whole new browser when I already have one that seems to work just fine." If they didn't have that excuse, anyone would take Firefox or Opera, unless of course they'd only heard of Internet Explorer.

It'd be awesome if windows came with Firefox built-in. But yeah, as truefusion said, how in the world would we download a browser on a clean and fresh copy of Windows? We'd need a disc or something that HAS the software preburned onto it along with other programs. (Like ComputerBuyer) or PC World dics etc., but no. I wouldn't use Internet Explorer if it wasnt bundled with Windows. Internet Explorer sucks, and that's that. It'll never get better, all bug fixes repaired since Microsoft sucks. However, other people have their own opinions about each and every browser they use.

Internet Explorer is quite heavy and slow browser. I have used chrome IE and firefox.... but found firefox the best. Firefox is more fast reliable and more secure.

I wouldn't use IE even if it would be bundled :P But if it was not bundled and we it wasn't so popular as it is now, for example would use only 3% of the market, as a web designer I would install it, because I would need to test how everything works.. Nowadays using IE8 isn't a problem, as it passes the Acid 2 test 100% and is much faster than previous versions, the only problem for me with IE is IE6 and IE7, usually I don't care about IE5 anymore as it's really dead for me and people who browse with it these days I think understand that they won't see most of the websites as they want to or needs to be shown. :(So I practically wouldn't use it, but would install it. :lol:

well if there are no other browser such as firefox or opera or safari.. i have no choice but to use IEeven if id wasn't good at all and bill gates had a crime because of this.. because IE is not a partof an OS he only include it for his own desire

I had used Internet Explorer 2 years ago and i have a bad think about this browser.Its difficult to find a plugins and alwaus when i start over some plugins is missing.Now I discovered Google Chrome Browser and its easy to use and all thinks are simple.

Although I have used most of the web browsers that are available in the market today including Internet Explorer 7, but still I would say that I would not have use Internet Explorer if it wasn't bundled with windows. The reason behind this is the surfing experience in IE. It really sucks on slow connections and I have also personal feeling that IE is more prone to hacking and virus attacks because I remember when I last use it, my system got infected with virus and this happen with me more than four times. Since then I have stopped using it. Now Opera 10 which is still in beta stage and Firefox are my favorite browsers. When anything goes wrong with one I switch to other one. I have no regret in saying that I have used IE only because it was bundled with windows otherwise if it wasn't bundled with windows I would have never used it.

I probably wouldn't use it if it wasn't bundled with windows. I don't use it normally either and it's only very rarely when a web page looks broken in FireFox that I'll switch to IE to see if it works properly there. I've come across web pages that state they only work with Internet Explorer. That's just stupid IMO. IE feels really slow and the last time I used it (which was really long ago) I kept getting errors on web pages that work fine in Firefox.

IE has a really bad profile and almost everyone has something bad to say about it, even the devoted users themselves! I wouldn't go near IE myself. It's just too full of flaws!

No, i dont like internet explorer very much i thing that google chrome and mozila are the best.its hard to find a plugins for interenet explorer but if somebody really want that browser he will found.

I don't get to choose lately, because I'm forced to use the computers at my local library. And, of course, they use Windows and IE.But otherwise, Firefox, all the way. I also like Google Chrome.I think the only reason IE is used so much IS because it is bundled with windows. None of my web developers use it for anything but checking their sites work with it, and they keep on telling me it's a nightmare to get the sites to behave the way they should with IE...

In Windows 7, Microsoft has removed many programs that were earlier bundled together with earlier versions, like Movie Maker, messenger, etc and these have become part of Windows Live Essentials, right? This move signifies Microsoft's belief that these "essentials" aren't considered that essential by most users and so it wont make that much of a difference if they were unbundled. But IE hasn't been removed! So Microsoft is still thinking that its browser is a hit and removing it would make many users unsatisfied - they couldn't be more wrong! I would like to see IE included among Live Essentials as well so that then we can see how many true "fans" exist for the browser!

I now use IE, I use a custom protection service made by me & To speed webpages up I use Google Frame, Google Frame is basically an addon for IE in which makes it like Google Plumbing of the internet as I would call it. Say if your parents, friends etc like to use IE and will never switch download this for a better browsing expirence. To get it Simply Google "Google Frame"