xisto Community
loukas29

Lockerz - Private Beta Site

Hey forumites, I'll start off with this:

"There's a new site called Lockerz that will offer the coolest brands at the lowest prices, exclusive video and music and the hottest games... all in one place. You'll really like LOCKERZ PTZ (or "POINTZ"). PTZ are Lockerz' proprietary loyalty "currency" that you earn whenever you buy, watch, play, share, invite friends, or even just show up on Lockerz. Redeem PTZ for incredible prizes, great products and dream experiences."

I've taken the courtesy of checking the sites legitimacy and every aspect seems to check out, however redeemed prizes will not be shipped outside the US until after the full site launch, scheduled October 15th.

Some of the prizes available are:

42" LCD TV -3000 points

iPod touch - 600 points

iPod Nano 4th Gen - 300 points

Numerous Console Games - 100 points

The points for these prizes might be expected to go up once the site launches publicly, so get on it asap!! Plus you can get 2 ptz just for logging in daily and answering a few questions.

Just a sample of some stuff you can redeem your points for.

[/size][/size][size="1"][size="2"]1. What is Lockerz: Lockerz is an invitation-only website created to connect members through commerce, content and community. Watch exclusive video, discover new music, play games, connect with friends, and get rewarded for it. The more often you visit, the more opportunities you have to earn PTZ (or Pointz), Lockerz own form of currency. Lockerz was founded in March, 2009.2. What types of products can be purchased at Lockerz: Members will be able to purchase a wide range of products from apparel, accessories, electronics, games, sports equipment and other products from hundreds of well known brands. Members will also be able to purchase digital assets such as music, videos, art, and decals.3. Is Lockerz a scam: Lockerz is a real company. It is funded by Liberty Media, one of the largest media companies in the US. The Chief Executive Officer of Lockerz is Kathy Savitt, a former executive at Amazon.com and American Eagle Outfitters.4. Why is Lockerz giving away prizes at low levels on PTZ Place: First, we just want to thank you for getting involved at the very beginning. You rock. Plus, youre helping us build the coolest group of brand trendsetters every time you invite friends to Lockerz...but you probably knew that. And finally, we want you to try out the different PTZ levels to get a taste of how everything will work when we go live this fall. This version of the PTZ Place is a test for us to figure out what you like, what we like, and how together we can make Lockerz unbelievable when it officially launches.5. Why is everything Fresh Out in PTZ Place: We are fresh out because the overwhelming early response to Lockerz blew right through our initial inventory. We will re-stock PTZ Place with new items starting this Friday, August 14.6. Why arent people receiving invites: The overwhelming early response to Lockerz has occasionally maxed out our capacity to send email invitations. We are still in a beta learning phase. We are adding capacity every day. You should now be able to send and receive invites successfully. Invites that you already entered into the system should have been sent by now. You still may not be able to invite friends directly through Facebook. We are working really hard to fix that fast.7. Will Lockerz ship internationally: Once Lockerz begins selling products this fall, we will ship to many countries outside the US (check back at launch time for a complete list).8. When will I get my Z-List t-shirt: Please allow 7-10 days for delivery.9. How many accounts can I have: Members are entitled to one account per person. Each person within a household can have their own account.10. I want to play the game again, but cant: The game is a one-time-only way to earn bonus PTZ when you first join Lockerz.11. How will Lockerz make money: Starting this fall, you will be able to purchase products at Lockerz. But dont worry, PTZ Place will still be around, with way more prizes and experiences than there are now. Members will be able to earn PTZ every time they buy, watch, play, share, invite friends, or simply show up on Lockerz. PTZ will be redeemable for both products and experiences.12. When will Lockerz launch: Lockerz is launching in stages. PTZ Place, Lockerz Prize Redemption Center, is now live. Other components will be launched soon. The complete site will be launched this fall.[/size][/size][size="1"][size="2"]

Finally down to the required invitation, due to the sites private beta status! PM me your e-mail address or just leave them right here in this thread and I will send you an invite ASAP, however I only have 15 remaining so be quick Posted Image

NOTE: If this post infringes any forum rules, feel free to move the thread to it's correct position.

Just a quick side note: I'll admit to being one of those who got an invite from loukas. So far the site seems a little sketchy (things take a while to load, etc.), but assuming that they live up to their promise of providing the prizes once enough points have been earned then I don't see any real harm in it.

One point I should highlight, however, is that there's no limit that I can see on the number of invites able to be sent by one person. There is is a certain number (20) of invites required to get essentially a snazzy upgrade to VIP status, so in short: cheers for the invite, but it's certainly best if you're up front with people rather than trying to get more of them to hurry up and ask for an invite. Apologies if there is some sort of limit, but this is what a good quick scan of the site shows to me.

Edited by Mordent (see edit history)

Just a quick side note: I'll admit to being one of those who got an invite from loukas. So far the site seems a little sketchy (things take a while to load, etc.), but assuming that they live up to their promise of providing the prizes once enough points have been earned then I don't see any real harm in it.

One point I should highlight, however, is that there's no limit that I can see on the number of invites able to be sent by one person. There is is a certain number (20) of invites required to get essentially a snazzy upgrade to VIP status, so in short: cheers for the invite, but it's certainly best if you're up front with people rather than trying to get more of them to hurry up and ask for an invite. Apologies if there is some sort of limit, but this is what a good quick scan of the site shows to me.

I was told that 20 was the limit until the beta is lifted from the site, however this could be wrong? And as for the "sketchy" site, it's full release in October should see any bugs hammered out of their coding! ;) can't wait, however I haven't really suffered any problems with the site, accept being unable to access during times of high traffic.
Edited by loukas29 (see edit history)

In all fairness, I feel like I should give a quick review of lockerz.com to give other people a chance to get involved as well. Despite my initial scepticism, I have to say that the potential gains from it are fairly snazzy for maybe a minute of attention each day. The way I see it, you get a minimum of 4 points per day (2 for logging in, 2 for answering a quick question, sometimes "do you prefer A or B?" or sometimes requiring you to type in your answer), meaning that within a matter of 75 days (or two and a half months) I can have an iPod Nano in the post completely cost free. It does mention that the beta is a bit of a testing ground so they can ge ta feel for what products the members like most, so I expect that as of the official launch there will be some fairly substantial price hiking.Still, either way, even if the prices effectively doubled you'd still be getting something for virtually nothing (except a minute a day for however many months). Nice little find here.

There is already one thread for Lockerz. i think there are 2 threads for Lockerz. One is where one of our forum member can send you invite and another one is just for discussion. I don't know what is the intention of this thread then. Anyway, let me share what happened with me and lockerz invite. I got lockerz invite from one of my friend. and i signed up. after signing up it takes to one page which is blank. and even after loggin out from there and re-logging in. You'll find yourself in same blank page whenever you log-in. This problem is not at all solved for most of the people. Don't know whether it is browser issue or script issue. Or it could be even geographical zone issue, like they aren't opening curtain for international users. So just waiting for my way into the lockerz.

There is already one thread for Lockerz. i think there are 2 threads for Lockerz. One is where one of our forum member can send you invite and another one is just for discussion. I don't know what is the intention of this thread then. Anyway, let me share what happened with me and lockerz invite.
I got lockerz invite from one of my friend. and i signed up. after signing up it takes to one page which is blank. and even after loggin out from there and re-logging in. You'll find yourself in same blank page whenever you log-in. This problem is not at all solved for most of the people. Don't know whether it is browser issue or script issue. Or it could be even geographical zone issue, like they aren't opening curtain for international users. So just waiting for my way into the lockerz.

No, when you sign in, refresh the page... Just refresh the page when you come up with the purple blank screen and it will work. However, Lockerz is now currently down for maintainence right now, so you won't be able to do anything about it just right yet...

I've been a member there for a while now. It seemed too good to be true when I first heard about it, and so far, it has been. Yeah, they've got an awesome lineup of free stuff, and earning points is terribly easy. The main problem here is: They're always "fresh out" of everything. I've never seen a single item in stock, not even the cheapest things. I imagine when and if they finally do get anything in stock, earning points will be harder, the prices will rise, and there'll be ways to accumulate points faster by either paying or visiting their sponsors and doing offers and such. I like the site, it has a great layout and it looks cool, bur so far I've been unimpressed with the lack of anything to spend you points on.

Yeah, I know... but at least we get to have an head start on earning points first... that's the good thing. There's not much to redeem anyway... I'm actually hoping for better prizes, so I'll earn while I wait.

No, when you sign in, refresh the page... Just refresh the page when you come up with the purple blank screen and it will work. However, Lockerz is now currently down for maintainence right now, so you won't be able to do anything about it just right yet...

Well i tried it from multiple browsers. Tried refreshing it many times. Did all the experiments by viewing it on multiple speeds of broadband. and the result is same. Lockerz is not accessible to me. is lockerz still down ? or it is down for certain geographical area ? i mean most of sites do such things in order to beta test and to speed things up during developement and to avoid server hog.

I've no idea about others. So for how many members it is working ?

It's working fine for me... I really don't know why it's like that though. If you want I can do it for you and then you can change your password and private stuff later. :lol:But yeah, for me, it's only stuck on the first log in in the Cash-Points catching game. But I just refreshed the page and it worked. It shouldn't be in a geographical problem though. It clearly stated on the page that Lockerz is for worldwide and global use, so it's for everyone. Lockerz shouldn't be down. The only time I saw it go down was for one and one day only, and it was working perfectly fine the next day... The script can now even recognize disposable email accounts, so I think the codes working good too...

to prove that this is legit, i took a pic of my z lister shirt that i got for free after becomin a z lister (refer 20 friends to be one)i also figured out why most of the items are gone once restock happens...i guess its tru when they say "z listers get the dibs on evrything" cuz more than 75% of the people getting items are z listersanywayz, if any1 still interested, PM or msg me ur email address and ill invite u asappost-88802-1253988517_thumb.jpg

to prove that this is legit, i took a pic of my z lister shirt that i got for free after becomin a z lister (refer 20 friends to be one)
i also figured out why most of the items are gone once restock happens...i guess its tru when they say "z listers get the dibs on evrything" cuz more than 75% of the people getting items are z listers

anywayz, if any1 still interested, PM or msg me ur email address and ill invite u asap

post-88802-1253988517_thumb.jpg

Weird, you posted almost immediately after you join this site. I seriously doubt the credibility of the post. It seems to be good but I sometimes really wonder what do owners of such sites manage to come out with funds for those freebies? And it's not available outside of US yet, probably I'll wait till Beta is over before trying this.

yea, i was actually eyeing this topic for awhile and had it bookmarked so that i can come back and reply when i actually get things and prove it legit

well, if u go to that website i posted the pic in, u can go to "board index" and find that im a well known person on there. that site is my counter strike source clan so yea...i honestly dont think sombdy from the company wud be playin counter strike source

once i got my t shirt, i just decided to post here to prove that its legit so that i might be able to get more referrals, since theres barely anybdy trustin this site as of now

but anyway, i have discussed this far enuff with my clan and if u want to read more, ill post the link here on the topic and if u wanna see feedback, just read the comments of that page
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

and btw...i honestly think its going to be too late by the time it officially releases...if u join now, u still have around 20 days to get points and be ahead of every other person thats outside of the US

but like i said, if interested, PM me ur email and i will invite u asap
and btw, u can create more than 1 account as long as ur active on those accounts...lockerz policy is 1 account per PERSON, not household, etc...they will however delete inactive accounts

its highly suggested to get points now cuz if u think about it, u can get points from playin games, watchin videos, etc...so that must be pretty easy to get points...if thats the case, they would raise the points (if they were smart)

i made 3 accounts , 1 with 100 points, 1 with 200, and 1 with 400
plannin on gettin ipod shuffle, nano, wii, and a nintendo dsi

once again...u can have more than 1 account created, so if u wud like more than 1 account, pm me with more than 1 email address if interested

Edited by ggbraddock (see edit history)

Anyone willing to toss me an invite as well?rpgsearcherz@gmail.com is my email addressI've been interested in this for a while but wasn't sure where to go about asking for a Lockerz invite. Didn't think about Trap as a source (weird, huh?).Anyways, if anyone's willing to toss me an invite it would be much appreciated. And I'll then share invites with others as well.