xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tramposch

Transfer Of Mycents Ability to transfer MyCents

Transfering MyCents  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On the old credit system for hosting you were able to transfer "credits" which is now, in a way, known as MyCents.

I think that the option of this should still be allowed because I think that many people would utilize it.

A sure common way I would utilize it is make competitions (probably weekly) in the graphics section for signatures, designs, and so on, and provide MyCents as an award.

I also think this would be great exposure to the Xisto graphics community, bringing in many people who want the prize of mycents so they can get hosting, and overall bringing more traffic to Xisto!

I am not sure how this would completely work, maybe deductions during transfer, limit to amount of transfers per week, et cetera.

Please share your ideas!

I will be tacking on a poll so we can easier display what people think!

I'm not really understanding you post correctly. If I'm correct your talking about Member to Member MyCent Transfer, this would be a good idea. Sort of like REP for people who bring things to the forum, that people like and can REP them. Like you said with competitions putting MyCents as a prize is indeed an excellent way of getting more traffic to the site. Although the site does get a decent amount of traffic its just the members aren't active enough. Also limiting the amount of transfers would be smart, this would be to avoid abuse of the feature. Then again the system of MyCent that is in place at the moment is fine for me, just more active members are needed and a prune of all the topics to get rid of outdated issues, post ,etc...BTW we need more themes on this forum :S ;)

On the old credit system for hosting you were able to transfer "credits" which is now, in a way, known as MyCents.

I think that the option of this should still be allowed because I think that many people would utilize it.

A sure common way I would utilize it is make competitions (probably weekly) in the graphics section for signatures, designs, and so on, and provide MyCents as an award.

I also think this would be great exposure to the Xisto graphics community, bringing in many people who want the prize of mycents so they can get hosting, and overall bringing more traffic to Xisto!

I am not sure how this would completely work, maybe deductions during transfer, limit to amount of transfers per week, et cetera.

Please share your ideas!

Woohoo!!! Yay! Thanks Tramposch!

Well, just like cicala, I don't really understand what "transfer" means, but that's only because I wasn't here when the old system was running and I only cam here after the new system, also known as myCENTS, when it was put in place.

But I absolutely agree that it will be a great, actually, make that an excellently wonderfully excellently fabulously great idea to have the graphics community starting up again, and giving myCENTS as the prize.

I think that we should try and make the graphics forums active again, just as it used to be, before my time, and have a wonderful forum for newbies that are new to graphics making, oldies that can both help the newbies out and display their works and making tutorials and posting them up for other people so they can give graphics making a shot as well! It's like a design community, and we can attract many designers and graphics makers to this forum, and they will be able to showcase their works, help others out and learn and refine their skills WHILST earning myCENTS to keep up their hosting and they will all have their own sites.

Isn't it great!

And that's why I voted a very big YES for this. ;)

I'm not really understanding you post correctly. If I'm correct your talking about Member to Member MyCent Transfer, this would be a good idea. Sort of like REP for people who bring things to the forum, that people like and can REP them. Like you said with competitions putting MyCents as a prize is indeed an excellent way of getting more traffic to the site. Although the site does get a decent amount of traffic its just the members aren't active enough. Also limiting the amount of transfers would be smart, this would be to avoid abuse of the feature. Then again the system of MyCent that is in place at the moment is fine for me, just more active members are needed and a prune of all the topics to get rid of outdated issues, post ,etc...

BTW we need more themes on this forum :S :P

Yeah, just like I said, I don't really understand this too, but I wasn't thinking of Member to Member Transfer. One reason for this is because... well, I mean, wouldn't it be unfair if the person or people hosting the competitions and tournaments having to give out myCENTS and not earning any themselves setting up everything and attracting more visitors to Xisto?

I actually think that Xisto should thank them instead, and give myCENTS to them. And this also means that there won't be any Member to Member transfer as it will be unnecessary. Instead, the awards will be given out to the winner(s) from Xisto instead. Also, another reason that I am against Member to member transfer is because it will be easy for existing members and users to set up a new account, SPAM everywhere and earn myCENTS, then send it to the existing member and user themselves before the moderators and administrators get on and stop the spam.

And when the spamming posts get deleted and the "phoney" user is now on negative myCENTS, the initial user will just create a new account and start all over again!!!

Easy way to get myCENTS and cheat their way on Xisto doing so!!!

So they should just give myCENTS to the winners and maybe to person doing the competition. And it doesn't have to be much. Like, less than $5 USD or something.

I actually think that Xisto should thank them instead, and give myCENTS to them. And this also means that there won't be any Member to Member transfer as it will be unnecessary. Instead, the awards will be given out to the winner(s) from Xisto instead. Also, another reason that I am against Member to member transfer is because it will be easy for existing members and users to set up a new account, SPAM everywhere and earn myCENTS, then send it to the existing member and user themselves before the moderators and administrators get on and stop the spam.

Yes people could Spam. Although the user can also be banned from the forums for spamming, I'm sure it is in the rules. Spamming is the worst thing you can do, posting all those unnecessary posts, brings nothing to the forum and gives you nothing at all. Also short messages that don't have quality in grammer or proper structure don't get full amount of MyCent's credit. So Nameless you must understand that Spamming can be controlled and there are consequences against it. I guess once they clean up the forum a bit then they can control features like this.

I think that we should try and make the graphics forums active again, just as it used to be, before my time, and have a wonderful forum for newbies that are new to graphics making, oldies that can both help the newbies out and display their works and making tutorials and posting them up for other people so they can give graphics making a shot as well! It's like a design community, and we can attract many designers and graphics makers to this forum, and they will be able to showcase their works, help others out and learn and refine their skills WHILST earning myCENTS to keep up their hosting and they will all have their own sites.

+1

Yes I definitely agree on this. The graphics forum needs to be resurrected. I want to post my work just to get some response.

Ok I half way agree with you there :(Transferring myCENTs between accounts wouldn't workwhy?because new members to the forum current earn myCENTs quicker then existing members. if transferring between accounts were made possible then there would have to a flat myCENTs system and something to prevent a member from making a new account and earning those mast cents and transferring them. so this would not work.Rewards for the GFX part is a good idea. like you would get so much credits for each completed sig or banner request. I think this would motivate people more to be more active. but again. there would have to be something stopping people to request a banner on one account. and fill the order on another one with just any image. then on your other account go and say "OOOOOO i like the banner!!" then u get credit for it so theres a problem with that too lol.Cheers :)

Yes i will be glad if Xisto.com offers Mycents transfer. Why? i know people want to sell somethings * and i'm one of them* here on the board and they can do it for Mycents wich is more trusted* if someone tells you that he will transfer money to you using bank = forget about it* , and gives us a better way to trade or sell our stuff.

Please share your ideas!

Another topic about this? lol.

Anyway I think Transferring mycents should be allowed this would be used quite often. Say if 2 people me and Tramp was running a site I didn't have enough neither did he but if he sent me another 30 cents I could get it. That is just one of the many ways it could be used.

Obviously if you look on the down site: A member here wants more mycents, They sign up again spam the forum making load of topics get the mycents then transfer it to another account. Rules would have to be made and a heavy duty script coded to stop this happening.

Also many members with a lot of mycents may do compitions if the person wins then the Competition leader would send them mycents.

Both of the 2 good points I have mention in this post would get Xisto another good reputation and build up the community more!#

What do you think now admins :angel:?

It'll be abused with multiple accounts and account hacking or simply begging for mycents. I'm sure there are many who dont even bother to beg for it. There will be more abuse than there are benefits. It's good that opaque don't even bother to see such requests anymore. these requests are too naive and don't even consider business model and revenue generation model of Xisto before making such demands. people seriously want to rip Xisto for sure if allowed with these ideas. Lol.